Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

"Greed" and "Untamed" on I Tunes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 of 9 OFFLINE   Ken Koc

Ken Koc

Supporting Actor

• 880 posts

Posted July 13 2009 - 04:40 AM

I was browsing the I Tunes library and found that the "restored TCM version" of GREED and also a beautiful widescreen version of UNTAMED with Susan Hayward and Tyrone Power are available for purchase for $9.99.  I Tunes never has a section for new classic releases but they seem to be added on a regular basis. The only way to find them is to browse the entire library!
 There are many titles that are not on DVD "Roots of Heaven" (WS) "Wild River" (WS) "Rains of Ranichpur" (WS) "Tender is the Night" (FS) "Beloved Infidel" (FS) "Tall Story" (WS) "Damnation Alley" (WS) "Such Good Friends" (FS)  Rabbit Run" (WS).   Is is too bad that there are so many titles that have been shown on cbale in widescreen format but are being presented fullscreen on I Tunes.
Ken

#2 of 9 OFFLINE   Joe Caps

Joe Caps

Screenwriter

• 1,934 posts

Posted July 13 2009 - 10:21 PM

Great info about Untamed, a film I have wanted for a long time.

I don't know how I tunes works.  Is Untamed anamorphic wide screen,   Is it sterso and if so, what kind- 2.0, 4.0 ???

#3 of 9 OFFLINE   Simon Howson

Simon Howson

Screenwriter

• 1,779 posts

Posted July 13 2009 - 10:37 PM

Only Rains of Ranchipur is on the Australian iTunes store.

All of these should be out on DVD. I've wanted to see Roots of Heaven and Untamed for ages.

#4 of 9 OFFLINE   Ken Koc

Ken Koc

Supporting Actor

• 880 posts

Posted July 16 2009 - 04:59 AM

UNTAMED is anamorphic and in stereo, although I can't tell if it is 2.0 or 4.0
Ken

#5 of 9 OFFLINE   Will Krupp

Will Krupp

Screenwriter

• 1,121 posts

Posted July 16 2009 - 08:25 AM

Wow, thanks for the itunes tip!  They actually have a widescreen version of FAREWELL, MY LOVELY that doesn't look to be in too bad a shape.  The dvd I paid way too much money for years ago is only fullscreen.

Thanks

Will (who never paid attention to itunes for other than music downloads but is now enlightened) Krupp :)

#6 of 9 OFFLINE   BillyFeldman

BillyFeldman

Supporting Actor

• 593 posts

Posted July 16 2009 - 11:42 AM

How does it work with iTunes - it downloads on to your computer - then what?  You can burn it to DVD?

#7 of 9 OFFLINE   Bob Cashill

Bob Cashill

Screenwriter

• 2,228 posts

Posted July 16 2009 - 05:15 PM

That same version of FAREWELL, MY LOVELY is on cable these days. Are these films just ripped off from telecasts? Seems dubious to me...but I've always wanted to see SUCH GOOD FRIENDS...

#8 of 9 OFFLINE   TheBat

TheBat

Producer

• 3,021 posts

Posted July 16 2009 - 05:24 PM

actor Jack O'Halloran who was in farewell my lovely is working to get a proper version of the movie on dvd. the movie channel played the HD version. looked very nice in widescreen.

Jacob

#9 of 9 OFFLINE   Simon Howson

Simon Howson

Screenwriter

• 1,779 posts

Posted July 16 2009 - 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyFeldman 

How does it work with iTunes - it downloads on to your computer - then what?  You can burn it to DVD?
They are copy protected so they can't be converted to a DVD-Video. The downloads are 720p, they can be played from iTunes or an Apple TV. They also include an iPod version which can be played back on an iPod or iPhone that is associated with the iTunes account used to download the file.