Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Pre-90s catalog on Blu - A comprehensive list

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1167 replies to this topic

#921 of 1168 OFFLINE   Rick Thompson

Rick Thompson

Screenwriter

• 1,018 posts

Posted February 03 2014 - 06:49 AM

Wow!  Universal just opened the floodgates for April.  By the looks of it, many of these seem like they could be double feature discs (two Waynes, two Eastwoods, two King Kongs).

The two Waynes are already out. Got from Amazon U.K. back in May, both region-free.

#922 of 1168 OFFLINE   Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

• 26,145 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted February 03 2014 - 07:19 AM

The two Waynes are already out. Got from Amazon U.K. back in May, both region-free.

So are the Eastwood films.

Crawdaddy

Blu-ray Preorder Listing

#923 of 1168 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,736 posts
  • LocationNorth Hollywood, CA

Posted February 04 2014 - 12:55 PM

Added the following:

Black Roots (1970) (Milestone) - NOTE: 1080p bonus feature on Come Back, Africa

"And now the reprimand, from an American critic. He reproaches me for using film as a sacred & lasting medium, like a painting or a book. He does not believe that filmmaking is an inferior art, but he believes, and quite rightly, that a reel goes quickly, that the public are looking above all for relaxation, that film is fragile and that it is pretentious to express the power of one's soul by such ephemeral and delicate means, that Charlie Chaplin's or Buster Keaton's first films can only be seen on very rare and badly spoiled prints. I add that the cinema is making daily progress and that eventually films that we consider marvelous today will soon be forgotten because of new dimensions & colour. This is true. But for 4 weeks this film [The Blood of a Poet] has been shown to audiences that have been so attentive, so eager & so warm, that I wonder after all there is not an anonymous public who are looking for more than relaxation in the cinema." - Jean Cocteau, 1932

#924 of 1168 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,736 posts

Posted February 06 2014 - 11:14 AM

Added the following:

Dead Kids (1981) (Severin) - coming to Blu-ray 3/11/14

L'immortelle (1963) (Kino) - coming to Blu-ray 4/1/14

Patrick (1978) (Severin) - coming to Blu-ray 3/11/14

Thirst (1979) (Severin) - coming to Blu-ray 3/11/14

"And now the reprimand, from an American critic. He reproaches me for using film as a sacred & lasting medium, like a painting or a book. He does not believe that filmmaking is an inferior art, but he believes, and quite rightly, that a reel goes quickly, that the public are looking above all for relaxation, that film is fragile and that it is pretentious to express the power of one's soul by such ephemeral and delicate means, that Charlie Chaplin's or Buster Keaton's first films can only be seen on very rare and badly spoiled prints. I add that the cinema is making daily progress and that eventually films that we consider marvelous today will soon be forgotten because of new dimensions & colour. This is true. But for 4 weeks this film [The Blood of a Poet] has been shown to audiences that have been so attentive, so eager & so warm, that I wonder after all there is not an anonymous public who are looking for more than relaxation in the cinema." - Jean Cocteau, 1932

#925 of 1168 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,736 posts

Posted February 10 2014 - 02:30 PM

Added the following:

Death Kiss (1932) (Kino) - coming to Blu-ray 5/6/14

The Demons (1972) (Kino) - coming to Blu-ray 4/29/14

#926 of 1168 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,736 posts

Posted February 18 2014 - 06:30 PM

Added the following:

Ace in the Hole (1951) (Criterion) - coming to Blu-ray 5/6/14

Overlord (1975) (Criterion) - coming to Blu-ray 5/13/14

Red River (1948) (Criterion) - NOTE: Also includes Pre-Release Version - coming to Blu-ray 5/27/14

#927 of 1168 OFFLINE   davidHartzog

davidHartzog

Screenwriter

• 2,105 posts
  • Locationupstate NY

Posted February 19 2014 - 11:30 AM

Three films well-worth having.
Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown.

#928 of 1168 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,736 posts

Posted February 22 2014 - 11:02 PM

Added the following:

Cop au vin (1985) (Cohen Media) - NOTE: Available on The Inspector Lavardin Collection release - coming to Blu-ray 4/22/14

Death Spa (1989) (Dark Sky) - coming to Blu-ray 5/27/14

Inspector Lavardin (1986) (Cohen Media) - NOTE: Available on The Inspector Lavardin Collection release - coming to Blu-ray 4/22/14

Johnny Come Lately (1943) (Olive) - coming to Blu-ray 5/6/14

Love Happy (1950) (Olive) - coming to Blu-ray 5/6/14

Tightrope (1984) (Warner) - coming to Blu-ray 6/10/14

#929 of 1168 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,736 posts

Posted February 25 2014 - 11:21 AM

Added the following:

Black Jack (1979) (Cohen Media) - coming to Blu-ray 4/8/14

#930 of 1168 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,736 posts

Posted February 26 2014 - 10:46 AM

Added the following:

Gamera: The Giant Monster (1965) (Mill Creek) - NOTE: Available on Gamera: The Ultimate Collection Vol. 1 release - coming to Blu-ray 4/29/14

Gamera: Super Monster (1980) (Mill Creek) - NOTE: Available on Gamera: The Ultimate Collection Vol. 2 release - coming to Blu-ray 4/29/14

Gamera vs. Barugon (1966) (Mill Creek) - NOTE: Available on Gamera: The Ultimate Collection Vol. 1 release - coming to Blu-ray 4/29/14

Gamera vs. Guiron (1969) (Mill Creek) - NOTE: Available on Gamera: The Ultimate Collection Vol. 2 release - coming to Blu-ray 4/29/14

Gamera vs. Gyaos (1967) (Mill Creek) - NOTE: Available on Gamera: The Ultimate Collection Vol. 1 release - coming to Blu-ray 4/29/14

Gamera vs. Jiger (1970) (Mill Creek) - NOTE: Available on Gamera: The Ultimate Collection Vol. 2 release - coming to Blu-ray 4/29/14

Gamera vs. Viras (1968) (Mill Creek) - NOTE: Available on Gamera: The Ultimate Collection Vol. 1 release - coming to Blu-ray 4/29/14

Gamera vs. Zigra (1971) (Mill Creek) - NOTE: Available on Gamera: The Ultimate Collection Vol. 2 release - coming to Blu-ray 4/29/14

Edited by Brandon Conway, February 26 2014 - 11:03 AM.

#931 of 1168 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,736 posts

Posted February 27 2014 - 01:45 AM

Added the following:

The Nutty Professor (1963) (Warner) - coming to Blu-ray 6/3/14

Weekend at Bernie's (1989) (MGM) - coming to Blu-ray 5/6/14

#932 of 1168 OFFLINE   davidHartzog

davidHartzog

Screenwriter

• 2,105 posts
  • Locationupstate NY

Posted February 27 2014 - 06:05 PM

Thanks for the updates!
Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown.

#933 of 1168 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,736 posts

Posted February 28 2014 - 11:41 AM

Added the following:

Eden and After (1970) (Redemption) - coming to Blu-ray 5/27/14

Gang War in Milan (1973) (Raro) - coming to Blu-ray 5/20/14

The Man Who Lies (1968) (Redemption) - coming to Blu-ray 5/27/14

#934 of 1168 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,736 posts

Posted March 03 2014 - 03:20 PM

Added the following:

Flying Tigers (1942) (Olive) - coming to Blu-ray 5/13/14

Home of the Brave (1949) (Olive) - coming to Blu-ray 5/13/14

Screamers (1979) (Scorpion) - coming to Blu-ray 5/27/14

#935 of 1168 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,736 posts

Posted March 06 2014 - 10:27 AM

POPULAR

Please note that I've replaced the listing of Gulliver's Travels (1939) via Koch with Thunderbean's release. Normally I just add a note, but the Koch release is such a botch job that I don't think it should even be mentioned here.

#936 of 1168 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,736 posts

Posted March 07 2014 - 11:39 AM

Added the following:

Countess Dracula (1971) (Synapse) - coming to Blu-ray 5/6/14

#937 of 1168 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,736 posts

Posted March 11 2014 - 10:07 AM

Added the following:

The Americanization of Emily (1964) (Warner)

Bachelor Party (1984) (Fox) - coming to Blu-ray 5/6/14

A Clock Work Blue (1972) (Vinegar Syndrome) - coming to Blu-ray 3/25/14

The Jekyll and Hyde Portfolio (1971) (Vinegar Syndrome) - coming to Blu-ray 3/25/14

Performance (1970) (Warner) - coming to Blu-ray TBD

Phantom of the Paradise (1974) (Shout Factory) - coming to Blu-ray 8/5/14

Point Blank (1967) (Warner) - coming to Blu-ray 7/8/14

Revenge of the Nerds (1984) (Fox) - coming to Blu-ray 5/6/14

The Americanization of Emily and Performance are Warner Archive titles. I usually don't list titles before release date, but with WA titles they go from TBD to Available without any real lead time.

Edited by Brandon Conway, March 11 2014 - 10:25 AM.

#938 of 1168 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,736 posts

Posted March 12 2014 - 11:13 AM

Added the following:

Godzilla vs. Megalon (1973) (Tokyo Shock) - coming to Blu-ray 7/22/14

The Time Machine (1960) (Warner) - coming to Blu-ray 7/8/14

#939 of 1168 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,736 posts

Posted March 18 2014 - 07:59 AM

Added the following:

All That Heaven Allows (1955) (Criterion) - coming to Blu-ray 6/10/14

L'Eclisse (1962) (Criterion) - coming to Blu-ray 6/10/14

A Hard Day's Night (1964) (Cirterion) - coming to Blu-ray 6/24/14

Hearts and Minds (1974) (Criterion) - coming to Blu-ray 6/17/14

Judex (1963) (Criterion) - coming to Blu-ray 6/17/14

Picnic at Hanging Rock (1975) (Criterion) - coming to Blu-ray 6/27/14

#940 of 1168 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,736 posts

Posted March 21 2014 - 11:59 AM

Added the following:

The Outsiders (1983) (Warner) - NOTE: 2005 Complete Novel version - coming to Blu-ray 6/3/14

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users