Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Pre-90s catalog on Blu - A comprehensive list

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1138 replies to this topic

#861 of 1139 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 23,188 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted August 01 2013 - 06:49 PM

Can you provide a link? I couldn't find it. Thanks.

I can not because I was completely wrong. I didn't realize that Scream Factory was releasing two different movies with the title 'Schizoid' (one from 1971 on DVD and another from 1980 on Blu-ray). On Facebook, they said the one from 1971 was dropped from an upcoming DVD set and will be replaced with What's The Matter With Helen. I thought this was the same Schizoid that was coming to Blu-ray in a few weeks and so I assumed the change would carry over to the Blu-ray as well. However, this is not the case and the Schizoid/Hospital Massacre Blu-ray release is NOT changing.

While I'm sure literally no one was really affected by my error, I still apologize but c'mon two Schizoids from the same company at nearly the same time? I understand how I made the mistake. :)

#862 of 1139 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,614 posts
  • LocationNorth Hollywood, CA

Posted August 01 2013 - 07:04 PM

LOL - Thanks Travis. That is a bit confusing. :)

"And now the reprimand, from an American critic. He reproaches me for using film as a sacred & lasting medium, like a painting or a book. He does not believe that filmmaking is an inferior art, but he believes, and quite rightly, that a reel goes quickly, that the public are looking above all for relaxation, that film is fragile and that it is pretentious to express the power of one's soul by such ephemeral and delicate means, that Charlie Chaplin's or Buster Keaton's first films can only be seen on very rare and badly spoiled prints. I add that the cinema is making daily progress and that eventually films that we consider marvelous today will soon be forgotten because of new dimensions & colour. This is true. But for 4 weeks this film [The Blood of a Poet] has been shown to audiences that have been so attentive, so eager & so warm, that I wonder after all there is not an anonymous public who are looking for more than relaxation in the cinema." - Jean Cocteau, 1932

#863 of 1139 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,614 posts

Posted August 06 2013 - 09:58 PM

Added the following:

Beauty of the Devil (1950) (Cohen Media) - coming to Blu-ray 10/29/13

The Great Rupert (1950) (B2MP) - NOTE: Bonus feature on The Puppetoon Movie - coming to Blu-ray 10/29/13

The Jungle Book (1967) (Disney) - coming to Blu-ray 2/11/14Mary Poppins (1964) (Disney) - coming to Blu-ray 12/10/13

The Puppetoon Movie (1987) (B2MP) - coming to Blu-ray 10/29/13

Sophie's Choice (1982) (Shout Factory) - coming to Blu-ray 11/19/13

The Puppetoon Movie (with bonus feature The Great Rupert) release is exclusively through http://b2mp.net/prod...oxyshop_gallery

Release date is approximate.

Edited by Brandon Conway, August 06 2013 - 10:14 PM.

"And now the reprimand, from an American critic. He reproaches me for using film as a sacred & lasting medium, like a painting or a book. He does not believe that filmmaking is an inferior art, but he believes, and quite rightly, that a reel goes quickly, that the public are looking above all for relaxation, that film is fragile and that it is pretentious to express the power of one's soul by such ephemeral and delicate means, that Charlie Chaplin's or Buster Keaton's first films can only be seen on very rare and badly spoiled prints. I add that the cinema is making daily progress and that eventually films that we consider marvelous today will soon be forgotten because of new dimensions & colour. This is true. But for 4 weeks this film [The Blood of a Poet] has been shown to audiences that have been so attentive, so eager & so warm, that I wonder after all there is not an anonymous public who are looking for more than relaxation in the cinema." - Jean Cocteau, 1932

#864 of 1139 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,614 posts

Posted August 12 2013 - 08:04 PM

Added the following:

The Great Muppet Caper (1981) (Disney) - coming to Blu-ray 12/10/13

Nightmare City (1980) (Raro) - coming to Blu-ray 10/29/13

Serpico (1973) (Warner) - coming to Blu-ray 12/3/13

#865 of 1139 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,614 posts

Posted August 15 2013 - 07:09 PM

Added the following:

Adventures of Zatoichi (1964) (Criterion) - NOTE: Available on Zatoichi: The Blind Swordsman release - coming to Blu-ray 11/26/13

The Bamboo Saucer (1968) (Olive) - coming to Blu-ray 10/22/13

Bang! Bang! You're Dead! (aka Our Man in Marrakesh) (1966) (Olive) - coming to Blu-ray 10/22/13

City Lights (1931) (Criterion) - coming to Blu-ray 11/12/13

Cry Danger (1951) (Olive) - coming to Blu-ray 10/22/13

Fight, Zatoichi, Fight (1964) (Criterion) - NOTE: Available on Zatoichi: The Blind Swordsman release - coming to Blu-ray 11/26/13

New Tale of Zatoichi (1963) (Criterion) - NOTE: Available on Zatoichi: The Blind Swordsman release - coming to Blu-ray 11/26/13

Samaritan Zatoichi (1968) (Criterion) - NOTE: Available on Zatoichi: The Blind Swordsman release - coming to Blu-ray 11/26/13

The Tale of Zatoichi (1962) (Criterion) - NOTE: Available on Zatoichi: The Blind Swordsman release - coming to Blu-ray 11/26/13

The Tale of Zatoichi Continues (1962) (Criterion) - NOTE: Available on Zatoichi: The Blind Swordsman release - coming to Blu-ray 11/26/13

Tokyo Story (1953) (Criterion) - coming to Blu-ray 11/19/13

Young at Heart (1954) (Olive) - coming to Blu-ray 10/22/13

Zatoichi and the Chess Expert (1965) (Criterion) - NOTE: Available on Zatoichi: The Blind Swordsman release - coming to Blu-ray 11/26/13

Zatoichi and the Chest of Gold (1964) (Criterion) - NOTE: Available on Zatoichi: The Blind Swordsman release - coming to Blu-ray 11/26/13

Zatoichi and the Doomed Man (1965) (Criterion) - NOTE: Available on Zatoichi: The Blind Swordsman release - coming to Blu-ray 11/26/13

Zatoichi and the Fugitives (1968) (Criterion) - NOTE: Available on Zatoichi: The Blind Swordsman release - coming to Blu-ray 11/26/13

Zatoichi at Large (1972) (Criterion) - NOTE: Available on Zatoichi: The Blind Swordsman release - coming to Blu-ray 11/26/13

Zatoichi Challenged (1967) (Criterion) - NOTE: Available on Zatoichi: The Blind Swordsman release - coming to Blu-ray 11/26/13

Zatoichi Goes to the Fire Festival (1970) (Criterion) - NOTE: Available on Zatoichi: The Blind Swordsman release - coming to Blu-ray 11/26/13

Zatoichi in Desperation (1972) (Criterion) - NOTE: Available on Zatoichi: The Blind Swordsman release - coming to Blu-ray 11/26/13

Zatoichi Meets the One-Armed Swordsman (1971) (Criterion) - NOTE: Available on Zatoichi: The Blind Swordsman release - coming to Blu-ray 11/26/13

Zatoichi Meets Yojimbo (1970) (Criterion) - NOTE: Available on Zatoichi: The Blind Swordsman release - coming to Blu-ray 11/26/13

Zatoichi on the Road (1963) (Criterion) - NOTE: Available on Zatoichi: The Blind Swordsman release - coming to Blu-ray 11/26/13

Zatoichi's Cane Sword (1967) (Criterion) - NOTE: Available on Zatoichi: The Blind Swordsman release - coming to Blu-ray 11/26/13

Zatoichi's Conspiracy (1973) (Criterion) - NOTE: Available on Zatoichi: The Blind Swordsman release - coming to Blu-ray 11/26/13

Zatoichi's Flashing Sword (1964) (Criterion) - NOTE: Available on Zatoichi: The Blind Swordsman release - coming to Blu-ray 11/26/13

Zatoichi's Pilgrimage (1966) (Criterion) - NOTE: Available on Zatoichi: The Blind Swordsman release - coming to Blu-ray 11/26/13

Zatoichi's Revenge (1965) (Criterion) - NOTE: Available on Zatoichi: The Blind Swordsman release - coming to Blu-ray 11/26/13

Zatoichi the Fugitive (1963) (Criterion) - NOTE: Available on Zatoichi: The Blind Swordsman release - coming to Blu-ray 11/26/13

Zatoichi the Outlaw (1967) (Criterion) - NOTE: Available on Zatoichi: The Blind Swordsman release - coming to Blu-ray 11/26/13

Zatoichi's Vengeance (1966) (Criterion) - NOTE: Available on Zatoichi: The Blind Swordsman release - coming to Blu-ray 11/26/13

#866 of 1139 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,614 posts

Posted August 16 2013 - 09:03 PM

Added the following:

Lion of the Desert (1980) (Anchor Bay) - coming to Blu-ray 11/12/13

The Message (1976) (Anchor Bay) - coming to Blu-ray 11/12/13

Night Train to Terror (1985) (Vinegar Syndrome) - coming to Blu-ray 10/8/13

#867 of 1139 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,614 posts

Posted August 19 2013 - 04:50 PM

Added the following:

The Beach Girls (1982) (Scorpion) - coming to Blu-ray 11/12/13

The Beast Within (1982) (Shout Factory) - coming to Blu-ray 12/17/13

The Coward (1965) (Criterion) - NOTE: 1080p bonus feature on The Big City

Crawlspace (1986) (Shout Factory) - coming to Blu-ray 12/17/13

The Pom Pom Girls (1976) (Scorpion) - coming to Blu-ray 11/19/13

Saturn 3 (1980) (Shout Factory) - coming to Blu-ray 12/3/13

The Slipper and the Rose: The Story of Cinderella (1976) (Inception) - coming to Blu-ray 11/19/13

Edited by Brandon Conway, August 19 2013 - 04:56 PM.

#868 of 1139 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,614 posts

Posted August 22 2013 - 11:58 AM

Added the following:

East of Eden (1955) (Warner) - coming to Blu-ray 11/5/13

Giant (1956) (Warner) - coming to Blu-ray 11/5/13

The Golden Voyage of Sinbad (1974) (Twilight) - coming to Blu-ray 12/10/13

Nosferatu (1922) (Kino) - coming to Blu-ray 11/12/13

Rebel Without a Cause (1955) (Warner) - coming to Blu-ray 11/5/13

Royal Flash (1975) (Twilight) - coming to Blu-ray 12/10/13

Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger (1977) (Twilight) - coming to Blu-ray 12/10/13

Terms of Endearment (1983) (Warner) - coming to Blu-ray 12/3/13

#869 of 1139 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,614 posts

Posted August 27 2013 - 02:41 PM

Added the following:

On the Riviera (1951) (Fox) - coming to Blu-ray 10/8/13

#870 of 1139 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,614 posts

Posted September 03 2013 - 11:22 AM

Added the following:

Dark Journey (1937) (Cohen Media) - NOTE: Available on The Vivien Leigh Anniversary Collection release - coming to Blu-ray 11/19/13

Fire Over England (1937) (Cohen Media) - NOTE: Available on The Vivien Leigh Anniversary Collection release - coming to Blu-ray 11/19/13

Intolerance: Love's Struggle Throughout the Ages (1916) (Cohen Media) - NOTE: Also includes Re-edited segment film re-releases "The Mother and the Law"  and "The Fall of Babylon" - coming to Blu-ray 11/5/13

Shoot the Sun Down (1978) (Kino) - coming to Blu-ray 11/12/13

Sidewalks of London (1938) (Cohen Media) - NOTE: Available on The Vivien Leigh Anniversary Collection release - coming to Blu-ray 11/19/13

Storm in a Teacup (1937) (Cohen Media) - NOTE: Available on The Vivien Leigh Anniversary Collection release - coming to Blu-ray 11/19/13 

Edited by Brandon Conway, September 03 2013 - 03:11 PM.

#871 of 1139 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,614 posts

Posted September 06 2013 - 01:43 PM

Added the following:

Day of the Animals (1977) (Scorpion) - coming to Blu-ray 11/26/13

The Octagon (1980) (Scorpion) - coming to Blu-ray 12/3/13

#872 of 1139 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,614 posts

Posted September 11 2013 - 12:13 PM

Added the following:

The Killing Fields (1984) (Warner) - coming to Blu-ray 1/7/14

Tequila Sunrise (1988) (Warner) - coming to Blu-ray 1/7/14

#873 of 1139 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,614 posts

Posted September 17 2013 - 04:18 PM

Added the following:

The Blue Angel (English Version) (1930) (Kino) - NOTE: Also includes German Version - coming to Blu-ray 12/17/13

Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (1920) (Kino) - coming to Blu-ray 12/17/13

Dry Summer (1964) (Criterion) - NOTE: Available on Martin Scorsese’s World Cinema Project #1 release - coming to Blu-ray 12/10/13

Grey Gardens (1975) (Criterion) - coming to Blu-ray 12/10/13

The Housemaid (1960) (Criterion) - NOTE: Available on Martin Scorsese’s World Cinema Project #1 release - coming to Blu-ray 12/10/13

Investigation of a Citizen Above Suspicion (1970) (Criterion) - coming to Blu-ray 12/3/13

It's Impossible to Learn to Plow by Reading Books (1988) (Criterion) - NOTE: 1080i bonus feature on SlackerNashville (1975) (Criterion) - coming to Blu-ray 12/3/13

Redes (1936) (Criterion) - NOTE: Available on Martin Scorsese’s World Cinema Project #1 release - coming to Blu-ray 12/10/13

A River Called Titus (1973) (Criterion) - NOTE: Available on Martin Scorsese’s World Cinema Project #1 release - coming to Blu-ray 12/10/13

The Three Faces of Eve (1957) (Fox) - coming to Blu-ray 11/5/13

Touki Bouki (1973) (Criterion) - NOTE: Available on Martin Scorsese’s World Cinema Project #1 release - coming to Blu-ray 12/10/13

Trances (1981) (Criterion) - NOTE: Available on Martin Scorsese’s World Cinema Project #1 release - coming to Blu-ray 12/10/13

Edited by Brandon Conway, September 17 2013 - 04:32 PM.

#874 of 1139 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,614 posts

Posted September 24 2013 - 02:12 PM

Added the following:

The Bells of St. Mary's (1945) (Olive) - coming to Blu-ray 11/19/13

#875 of 1139 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,614 posts

Posted September 27 2013 - 12:14 PM

Added the following:

The Chipmunk Adventure (1987) (Bagdasarian) - coming to Blu-ray 3/4/14

#876 of 1139 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,614 posts

Posted October 01 2013 - 05:12 PM

Added the following:

Billy Rose's Jumbo (1962) (Warner) - coming to Blu-ray 10/8/13

#877 of 1139 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,614 posts

Posted October 08 2013 - 11:08 AM

Added the following:

The Beast of Hollow Mountain (1956) (Shout Factory) - coming to Blu-ray 1/28/14

The Big Gundown (1966) (Grindhouse) - coming to Blu-ray 12/10/13

Blind Date (1987) (Image) - coming to Blu-ray 1/14/14

Cat People (1982) (Shout Factory) - coming to Blu-ray 1/21/14

Chances Are (1989) (Image) - coming to Blu-ray 1/14/14

Die, Monster, Die! (1965) (Shout Factory) - coming to Blu-ray 1/21/14

The Neanderthal Man (1953) (Shout Factory) - coming to Blu-ray 1/28/14

Raise the Titanic (1980) (Shout Factory) - coming to Blu-ray 1/21/14

The Whip and the Body (1963) (Kino) - coming to Blu-ray 12/17/13

Edited by Brandon Conway, October 08 2013 - 11:21 AM.

#878 of 1139 OFFLINE   John Doe

John Doe

Stunt Coordinator

• 203 posts

Posted October 08 2013 - 11:17 AM

Blind Date

Chances Are

Both from Image.

#879 of 1139 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,614 posts

Posted October 08 2013 - 04:59 PM

Also added the following:

The Cassandra Crossing (1976) (Timeless) - coming to Blu-ray 1/7/14

The Domino Principle (1977) (Timeless) - coming to Blu-ray 1/7/14

#880 of 1139 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,614 posts

Posted October 09 2013 - 11:41 AM

Added the following:

Tourist Trap (1979) (Full Moon) - coming to Blu-ray 12/3/13

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users