TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,797 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted June 08 2013 - 12:54 PM

Added the following:

Psycho II (1983) (Shout Factory) - coming to Blu-ray 9/24/13

Psycho III (1986) (Shout Factory) - coming to Blu-ray 9/24/13

Since Universal licensed these two out, I wonder if there's a chance that Scream Factory will get the Jaws sequels. On the surface they seem like fairly big titles to license but is Jaws: The Revenge really going to sell that much better than the Psycho or Halloween sequels?

#842 of 1031 Jeffrey:K

Jeffrey:K

Second Unit

• 285 posts

Posted June 08 2013 - 02:31 PM

Added the following:

Creepshow 2 (1987) (Image) - coming to Blu-ray 9/3/13

The Monster Club (1981) (Scorpion) - coming to Blu-ray 9/24/13

Shout at the Devil (1976) (Shout Factory) - coming to Blu-ray 9/24/13

Voyage of the Damned (1976) (Shout Factory) - coming to Blu-ray 9/24/13

Shout Factory also has the 1975 film Man Friday in the same batch of blu-ray announcements. It's on a double-feature disc, paired with the 1975 TV movie The Count of Monte Cristo.

#843 of 1031 Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,144 posts
  • LocationNorth Hollywood, CA

Posted June 10 2013 - 02:34 PM

Shout Factory also has the 1975 film Man Friday in the same batch of blu-ray announcements. It's on a double-feature disc, paired with the 1975 TV movie The Count of Monte Cristo.

Thanks!

Added the following:

The Haunting (1963) (Warner) - coming to Blu-ray 10/15/13

Man Friday (1975) (Shout Factory) - coming to Blu-ray 9/10/13

The Odd Angry Shot (1979) (Synapse) - coming to Blu-ray 8/13/13

That's the Way of the World (1975) (Scorpion) - coming to Blu-ray 9/17/13

Edited by Brandon Conway, June 10 2013 - 02:40 PM.

"And now the reprimand, from an American critic. He reproaches me for using film as a sacred & lasting medium, like a painting or a book. He does not believe that filmmaking is an inferior art, but he believes, and quite rightly, that a reel goes quickly, that the public are looking above all for relaxation, that film is fragile and that it is pretentious to express the power of one's soul by such ephemeral and delicate means, that Charlie Chaplin's or Buster Keaton's first films can only be seen on very rare and badly spoiled prints. I add that the cinema is making daily progress and that eventually films that we consider marvelous today will soon be forgotten because of new dimensions & colour. This is true. But for 4 weeks this film [The Blood of a Poet] has been shown to audiences that have been so attentive, so eager & so warm, that I wonder after all there is not an anonymous public who are looking for more than relaxation in the cinema." - Jean Cocteau, 1932

#844 of 1031 lukejosephchung

lukejosephchung

Screenwriter

• 1,172 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA., USA

Posted June 10 2013 - 04:24 PM

"That's The Way Of The World" is the Earth Wind & Fire movie musical for which their breakthrough album was made in 1975...surprised but gratified to see it come out out in BD format!!!

#845 of 1031 Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,144 posts

Posted June 11 2013 - 10:43 AM

Added the following:

Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter (1984) (Warner) - NOTE: Available on Friday the 13th The Complete Collection release - coming to Blu-ray 9/13/13

Friday the 13th Part V: A New beginning (1985) (Warner) - NOTE: Available on Friday the 13th The Complete Collection release - coming to Blu-ray 9/13/13

Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives (1986) (Warner) - NOTE: Available on Friday the 13th The Complete Collection release - coming to Blu-ray 9/13/13

Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood (1988) (Warner) - NOTE: Available on Friday the 13th The Complete Collection release - coming to Blu-ray 9/13/13

Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan (1989) (Warner) - NOTE: Available on Friday the 13th The Complete Collection release - coming to Blu-ray 9/13/13

"And now the reprimand, from an American critic. He reproaches me for using film as a sacred & lasting medium, like a painting or a book. He does not believe that filmmaking is an inferior art, but he believes, and quite rightly, that a reel goes quickly, that the public are looking above all for relaxation, that film is fragile and that it is pretentious to express the power of one's soul by such ephemeral and delicate means, that Charlie Chaplin's or Buster Keaton's first films can only be seen on very rare and badly spoiled prints. I add that the cinema is making daily progress and that eventually films that we consider marvelous today will soon be forgotten because of new dimensions & colour. This is true. But for 4 weeks this film [The Blood of a Poet] has been shown to audiences that have been so attentive, so eager & so warm, that I wonder after all there is not an anonymous public who are looking for more than relaxation in the cinema." - Jean Cocteau, 1932

#846 of 1031 Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,144 posts

Posted June 11 2013 - 03:33 PM

Added the following:

The Abominable Dr. Phibes (1971) (Shout Factory) - NOTE: Available on The Vincent Price Collection release - coming to Blu-ray 10/22/13

Amityville II: The Possession (1982) (Shout Factory) - NOTE: Available on The Amityville Horror Trilogy release - coming to Blu-ray 10/1/13

Amityville 3-D (1983) (Shout Factory) - NOTE: Also includes 3D version. Available on The Amityville Horror Trilogy release - coming to Blu-ray 10/1/13

The Fall of the House of Usher (1960) (Shout Factory) - NOTE: Available on The Vincent Price Collection release - coming to Blu-ray 10/22/13

The Haunted Palace (1963) (Shout Factory) - NOTE: Available on The Vincent Price Collection release - coming to Blu-ray 10/22/13

The Masque of the Red Death (1964) (Shout Factory) - NOTE: Available on The Vincent Price Collection release - coming to Blu-ray 10/22/13

The Pit and the Pendulum (1961) (Shout Factory) - NOTE: Available on The Vincent Price Collection release - coming to Blu-ray 10/22/13

Witchfinder General (1968) (Shout Factory) - NOTE: Also includes The Conqueror Worm alternate version. Available on The Vincent Price Collection release - coming to Blu-ray 10/22/13

#847 of 1031 Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,144 posts

Posted June 18 2013 - 03:23 PM

Added the following:

Airplane II: The Sequel (1982) (Warner) - coming to Blu-ray 10/8/13

Autumn Sonata (1978) (Criterion) - coming to Blu-ray 9/17/13

La Cage aux Folles (1978) (Criterion) - coming to Blu-ray 9/10/13

Europe '51 (1952) (Criterion) - NOTE: Available on 3 Films by Roberto Rossellini Starring Ingrid Bergman release - coming to Blu-ray 9/24/13

Good Luck, Miss Wyckoff (1979) (Vinegar Syndrome) - coming to Blu-ray 8/23/13

Journey to Italy (1954) (Criterion) - NOTE: Available on 3 Films by Roberto Rossellini Starring Ingrid Bergman release - coming to Blu-ray 9/24/13

The Spy Who Came in from the Cold (1965) (Criterion) - coming to Blu-ray 9/10/13

Stromboli (1950) (Criterion) - NOTE: Available on 3 Films by Roberto Rossellini Starring Ingrid Bergman release - coming to Blu-ray 9/24/13

#848 of 1031 Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,144 posts

Posted June 20 2013 - 03:43 PM

Added the following:

5 Dolls for an August Moon (1970) (Kino) - coming to Blu-ray 9/3/13

The Devil Bat (1940) (Kino) - coming to Blu-ray 9/17/13

Knock on Wood (1954) (Olive) - coming to Blu-ray 8/20/13

My Favorite Spy (1951) (Olive) - coming to Blu-ray 8/20/13

Off Limits (1953) (Olive) - coming to Blu-ray 8/20/13

Only the Valiant (1951) (Olive) - coming to Blu-ray 8/20/13

On the Double (1961) (Olive) - coming to Blu-ray 8/20/13

Stalag 17 (1953) (Warner) - coming to Blu-ray 10/8/13

#849 of 1031 Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,144 posts

Posted June 28 2013 - 04:03 PM

Added the following:

Flat Top (1952) (Olive) - coming to Blu-ray 8/27/13

The Hot Nights of Linda (1975) (Severin) - coming to Blu-ray 9/3/13

Kiss Tomorrow Goodbye (1950) (Olive) - coming to Blu-ray 8/27/13

A Letter to Three Wives (1949) (Fox) - coming to Blu-ray 9/17/13

Penny Serenade (1941) (Olive) - coming to Blu-ray 8/27/13

• lukejosephchung likes this

#850 of 1031 lukejosephchung

lukejosephchung

Screenwriter

• 1,172 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA., USA

Posted June 29 2013 - 01:07 PM

Added the following:

Flat Top (1952) (Olive) - coming to Blu-ray 8/27/13

The Hot Nights of Linda (1975) (Severin) - coming to Blu-ray 9/3/13

Kiss Tomorrow Goodbye (1950) (Olive) - coming to Blu-ray 8/27/13

A Letter to Three Wives (1949) (Fox) - coming to Blu-ray 9/17/13

Penny Serenade (1941) (Olive) - coming to Blu-ray 8/27/13

The last 3 titles listed are available for pre-order at Amazon..."Kiss Tomorrow Goodbye" is selling for $21, "A Letter To Three Wives" for $17.50 and "Penny Serenade" for $25!!!

#851 of 1031 AnthonyClarke

AnthonyClarke

Supporting Actor

• 849 posts
  • LocationWoodend Victoria Australia

Posted June 30 2013 - 11:58 PM

Hi Brandon

Not sure if this is the appropriate forum to enquire about re-releases of classic material, but just in case you've heard anything, I'm wondering if there's any word about whether MGM's 'The Big Country' is going to get a new Blu ray transfer at any time soon.

I can't believe that the first Blu ray transfer is still in the marketplace, with its glaring transfer screen-ratio error which makes it look as if all the characters have been dining out at MacDonald's every day ... the current transfer should have been issued under the title 'The Big Fat Country'!

Cheers

• FoxyMulder likes this

#852 of 1031 Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,144 posts

Posted July 01 2013 - 06:55 PM

I haven't seen any word on a new release for The Big Country. Sorry.

#853 of 1031 Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,144 posts

Posted July 01 2013 - 10:35 PM

Added the following:

The Doll Squad (1973) (Vinegar Syndrome) - NOTE: Available on The Ted V. Mikels Collection release - coming to Blu-ray 9/10/13

The Eagle Has Landed (1976) (Shout Factory) - coming to Blu-ray 10/15/13

Edited by Brandon Conway, July 01 2013 - 10:41 PM.

#854 of 1031 Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,144 posts

Posted July 10 2013 - 09:57 PM

Added the following:

The Atomic City (1952) (Olive) - coming to Blu-ray 9/17/13

The Best Years of Our Lives (1946) (Warner) - coming to Blu-ray 11/5/13

The Bishop's Wife (1947) (Warner) - coming to Blu-ray 11/5/13

Escape from Zahrain (1962) (Olive) - coming to Blu-ray 9/17/13

Playing for Time (1980) (Olive) - coming to Blu-ray 9/17/13

Riot (1969) (Olive) - coming to Blu-ray 9/17/13

#855 of 1031 Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,144 posts

Posted July 15 2013 - 09:56 PM

Added the following:

Eyes Without a Face (1960) (Criterion) - coming to Blu-ray 10/15/13

Faces (1968) (Criterion) - NOTE: Available on John Cassavetes: Five Films release - coming to Blu-ray 10/22/13

I Married a Witch (1942) (Criterion) - coming to Blu-ray 10/8/13

The Killing of a Chinese Bookie (1976) (Criterion) - NOTE: Includes both Uncut and Theatrical versions. Available on John Cassavetes: Five Films release - coming to Blu-ray 10/22/13

La notte (1961) (Criterion) - coming to Blu-ray 10/29/13

Opening Night (1976) (Criterion) - NOTE: Available on John Cassavetes: Five Films release - coming to Blu-ray 10/22/13

Shadows (1959) (Criterion) - NOTE: Available on John Cassavetes: Five Films release - coming to Blu-ray 10/22/13

The Uninvited (1944) (Criterion) - coming to Blu-ray 10/22/13

A Woman Under the Influence (1974) (Criterion) - NOTE: Available on John Cassavetes: Five Films release - coming to Blu-ray 10/22/13

#856 of 1031 Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,144 posts

Posted July 18 2013 - 10:15 PM

Added the following:

Ambush at Cimarron Pass (1958) (Olive) - coming to Blu-ray 9/24/13

The Big Combo (1955) (Olive) - coming to Blu-ray 9/24/13

The Fly (1958) (Fox) - coming to Blu-ray 9/10/13

Guest Wife (1945) (Olive) - coming to Blu-ray 9/24/13

The Right Stuff (1983) (Warner) - coming to Blu-ray 11/5/13

#857 of 1031 Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,144 posts

Posted July 23 2013 - 11:48 PM

Added the following:

The Americano (1955) (Olive) - coming to Blu-ray 9/24/13

The Fighting Kentuckian (1949) (Olive) - coming to Blu-ray 9/24/13

From Here to Eternity (1953) (Sony) - coming to Blu-ray 10/1/13

High Plains Drifter (1973) (Universal) - coming to Blu-ray 10/15/13

The Medusa Touch (1978) (Hen's Tooth) - coming to Blu-ray 10/1/13

My Name Is Nobody (1973) (Image) - coming to Blu-ray 11/5/13

Plunder Road (1957) (Olive) - coming to Blu-ray 9/24/13

Slap Shot (1977) (Universal) - coming to Blu-ray 10/15/13

Tam Lin (aka The Ballad of Tam Lin, aka The Devil's Widow) (1970) (Olive) - coming to Blu-ray 9/24/13

Weird Science (1985) (Universal) - coming to Blu-ray 10/15/13

Edited by Brandon Conway, July 24 2013 - 12:34 AM.

#858 of 1031 Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,144 posts

Posted July 26 2013 - 09:53 PM

Added the following:

The Hitch-Hiker (1953) (Kino) - coming to Blu-ray 10/15/13

Night Tide (1961) (Kino) - coming to Blu-ray 10/15/13

Shack Out on 101 (1955) (Olive) - coming to Blu-ray 9/24/13

#859 of 1031 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,797 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted July 27 2013 - 04:28 AM

Shout/Scream Factory was releasing a double feature of Schizoid and Hospital Massacre in August. According to Scream's Facebook page, there was some kind of rights snafu and they had to drop Schizoid and replace it with What's The Matter With Helen?. The release date for the Hospital Massacre/What's The Matter With Helen? two pack is October 8.

#860 of 1031 Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,144 posts

Posted August 01 2013 - 04:07 PM

Shout/Scream Factory was releasing a double feature of Schizoid and Hospital Massacre in August. According to Scream's Facebook page, there was some kind of rights snafu and they had to drop Schizoid and replace it with What's The Matter With Helen?. The release date for the Hospital Massacre/What's The Matter With Helen? two pack is October 8.

Can you provide a link? I couldn't find it. Thanks.

Added the following:

Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (1988) (MGM) - coming to Blu-ray 10/8/13

Fantastic Voyage (1966) (Fox) - coming to Blu-ray 10/8/13

Harlequin (1980) (aka Dark Forces) (Scorpion) - coming to Blu-ray 10/29

The Horror Show (aka House 3) (1989) (Shout Factory) - coming to Blu-ray 11/12/13

Night of the Comet (1984) (1984) (Shout Factory) - coming to Blu-ray 11/5/13

Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea (1961) (Fox) - coming to Blu-ray 10/8/13

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users