The Earrings of Madame de... (1953) (Criterion) - coming to Blu-ray 8/6/13

Help! (1965) (Capitol Records) - coming to Blu-ray 6/25/13

Lucas (1986) (Anchor Bay) - coming to Blu-ray 8/6/13

Marathon Man (1976) (Warner) - coming to Blu-ray 9/10/13

The Pick-Up Artist (1987) (Anchor Bay) - coming to Blu-ray 8/6/13

Seconds (1966) (Criterion) - coming to Blu-ray 8/13/13

Silver Streak (1976) (Anchor Bay) - coming to Blu-ray 8/6/13

To Be or Not to Be (1942) (Criterion) - coming to Blu-ray 8/27/13

"And now the reprimand, from an American critic. He reproaches me for using film as a sacred & lasting medium, like a painting or a book. He does not believe that filmmaking is an inferior art, but he believes, and quite rightly, that a reel goes quickly, that the public are looking above all for relaxation, that film is fragile and that it is pretentious to express the power of one's soul by such ephemeral and delicate means, that Charlie Chaplin's or Buster Keaton's first films can only be seen on very rare and badly spoiled prints. I add that the cinema is making daily progress and that eventually films that we consider marvelous today will soon be forgotten because of new dimensions & colour. This is true. But for 4 weeks this film [The Blood of a Poet] has been shown to audiences that have been so attentive, so eager & so warm, that I wonder after all there is not an anonymous public who are looking for more than relaxation in the cinema." - Jean Cocteau, 1932

#822 of 1030 Derrick King

Derrick King

Second Unit

• 465 posts

Posted May 15 2013 - 12:30 PM

The Big City Blu-ray has a bonus film, Ray's The Coward (1965)

• Brandon Conway likes this

#823 of 1030 Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,143 posts
  • LocationNorth Hollywood, CA

Posted May 15 2013 - 12:33 PM

The Big City Blu-ray has a bonus film, Ray's The Coward (1965)

Yes, but when Criterion's have bonus films I wait until there's confirmation that they are in HD to list them. They usually are, but not always.

"And now the reprimand, from an American critic. He reproaches me for using film as a sacred & lasting medium, like a painting or a book. He does not believe that filmmaking is an inferior art, but he believes, and quite rightly, that a reel goes quickly, that the public are looking above all for relaxation, that film is fragile and that it is pretentious to express the power of one's soul by such ephemeral and delicate means, that Charlie Chaplin's or Buster Keaton's first films can only be seen on very rare and badly spoiled prints. I add that the cinema is making daily progress and that eventually films that we consider marvelous today will soon be forgotten because of new dimensions & colour. This is true. But for 4 weeks this film [The Blood of a Poet] has been shown to audiences that have been so attentive, so eager & so warm, that I wonder after all there is not an anonymous public who are looking for more than relaxation in the cinema." - Jean Cocteau, 1932

#824 of 1030 Derrick King

Derrick King

Second Unit

• 465 posts

Posted May 15 2013 - 12:55 PM

I see

#825 of 1030 Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,143 posts

Posted May 17 2013 - 11:22 AM

Added the following:

The Muppet Movie (1979) (Disney) - coming to Blu-ray 8/13/13

Tomboy (1985) (Scorpion) - coming to Blu-ray 8/6/13

The Unseen (1980) (Scorpion) - coming to Blu-ray 8/13/13

#826 of 1030 Derrick King

Derrick King

Second Unit

• 465 posts

Posted May 18 2013 - 08:35 AM

I know you posted these titles and then deleted them, but the Movies 4 You: Timeless Westerns cover art is on Amazon and it is a Blu-ray (although the disc has the DVD logo on it)
61j5bIPKo8L._SY300_.jpg

#827 of 1030 Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,143 posts

Posted May 18 2013 - 10:45 PM

I know you posted these titles and then deleted them, but the Movies 4 You: Timeless Westerns cover art is on Amazon and it is a Blu-ray (although the disc has the DVD logo on it)
61j5bIPKo8L._SY300_.jpg

Thanks. I think I'm gonna wait until there's a review before I post them again. Just an odd release all around.

EDIT 5/21 - Nevermind. I'll add them again now.

#828 of 1030 Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,143 posts

Posted May 21 2013 - 11:32 AM

Added the following:

The Awful Dr. Orlof (1962) (Kino) - coming to Blu-ray 8/20/13

Butch and Sundance: The Early Days (1979) (Timeless) - NOTE: Available on Timeless Westerns release - coming to Blu-ray 7/30/13

Harlow (1965) (Olive) - coming to Blu-ray 7/23/13

The Last Hard Men (1976) (Timeless) - NOTE: Available on Timeless Westerns release - coming to Blu-ray 7/30/13

Nightmares Come at Night (1970) (Kino) - coming to Blu-ray 8/20/13

Once Is Not Enough (1975) (Olive) - coming to Blu-ray 7/23/13

Rio Conchos (1964) (Timeless) - NOTE: Available on Timeless Westerns release - coming to Blu-ray 7/30/13

Summer and Smoke (1961) (Olive) - coming to Blu-ray 7/23/13

Take a Hard Ride (1975) (Timeless) - NOTE: Available on Timeless Westerns release - coming to Blu-ray 7/30/13

A Virgin Among the Living Dead (1973) (Kino) - NOTE: Also includes Christine, Princess of Eroticism unaltered version - coming to Blu-ray 8/20/13

WUSA (1970) (Olive) - coming to Blu-ray 7/23/13

#829 of 1030 Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,143 posts

Posted May 23 2013 - 12:02 PM

Added the following:

Angel and the Badman (1947) (Olive) - coming to Blu-ray 7/23/13

Bullfighter and the Lady (1951) (Olive) - coming to Blu-ray 7/23/13

The Court-Martial of Billy Mitchell (1955) (Olive) - coming to Blu-ray 7/23/13

The Idolmaker (1980) (Shout Factory) - coming to Blu-ray 8/27/13

That Touch of Mink (1962) (Olive) - coming to Blu-ray 7/23/13

#830 of 1030 Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,143 posts

Posted May 28 2013 - 09:46 AM

Added the following:

Cry Vengeance (1954) (Olive) - coming to Blu-ray 7/30/13

#831 of 1030 Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,143 posts

Posted May 30 2013 - 06:06 PM

Added the following:

Demons (1985) (Synapse) - coming to Blu-ray 10/29/13

Demons 2 (1986) (Synapse) - coming to Blu-ray 10/29/13

Fire Maidens of Outer Space (1956) (Olive) - coming to Blu-ray 7/30/13

God's Little Acre (1958) (Olive) - coming to Blu-ray 7/30/13

Monty Python's The Meaning of Life (1983) (Universal) - coming to Blu-ray 10/8/13

#832 of 1030 Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,143 posts

Posted June 04 2013 - 11:11 AM

Added the following:

The Big Parade (1925) (Warner) - coming to Blu-ray 10/1/13

House of Wax (1953) (Warner) - NOTE: Also includes 3D version - coming to Blu-ray 10/1/13

#833 of 1030 Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,143 posts

Posted June 05 2013 - 10:50 AM

Added the following:

Alamo Bay (1985) (Twilight) - coming to Blu-ray 9/10/13

Dracula: Prince of Darkness (1966) (Millennium) - coming to Blu-ray 9/3/13

Drums Along the Mohawk (1939) (Twilight) - coming to Blu-ray 9/10/13

Hells Angels on Wheels (1967) (Hen's Tooth) - coming to Blu-ray 9/3/13

Jane Eyre (1944) (Twilight) - coming to Blu-ray 11/12/13

Oliver! (1968) (Twilight) - coming to Blu-ray 11/12/13

The Other (1972) (Twilight) - coming to Blu-ray 10/8/13

Prince of Darkness (1987) (Shout Factory) - coming to Blu-ray 9/24/13

The Way We Were (1973) (Twilight) - coming to Blu-ray 11/12/13

Edited by Brandon Conway, June 05 2013 - 03:11 PM.

• lukejosephchung likes this

#834 of 1030 Bob Furmanek

Bob Furmanek

Producer

• 3,380 posts

Posted June 05 2013 - 11:33 AM

POPULAR

Thank you for keeping this list current, Brandon. It's a very valuable resource.

• Brandon Conway, lukejosephchung and Gromilini like this

Bob Furmanek

www.3dfilmarchive.com

Snipe_zpsa426c063.jpg

#835 of 1030 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,784 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted June 06 2013 - 05:42 AM

Over on Facebook, Shout has announced Scanners II/Scanners III two-pack for September 10 and Psycho II & Psycho III for September 24.

#836 of 1030 Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,143 posts

Posted June 06 2013 - 09:55 AM

Over on Facebook, Shout has announced Scanners II/Scanners III two-pack for September 10 and Psycho II & Psycho III for September 24.

Thanks for the update, Travis! I was wondering when they'd get formal release dates for Psycho II & III. (However, the Scanners sequels are not pre-90s).

Added the following:

Psycho II (1983) (Shout Factory) - coming to Blu-ray 9/24/13

Psycho III (1986) (Shout Factory) - coming to Blu-ray 9/24/13

Two Men in Manhattan (1959) (Cohen Media) - coming to Blu-ray 9/17/13

#837 of 1030 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,784 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted June 06 2013 - 09:56 AM

(However, the Scanners sequels are not pre-90s).

Duh, that's right. I was thinking they were made in the late 80's.

#838 of 1030 FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

映画ファン

• 4,772 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted June 06 2013 - 10:12 AM

I think you need to edit so that it's The Big Country and not just Big Country, good list though for American releases, perhaps consider doing one that incorporates the rest of the World too so we can maybe buy the best version of a film out there.

:Fun Movie Quotes:

"A good body with a dull brain is as cheap as life itself"   

"Maybe it's a sheep dog... let's keep going" 

"Please doctor, I've got to ask this. It sounds like, well, just as though you're describing some form of super carrot"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#839 of 1030 Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,143 posts

Posted June 06 2013 - 10:16 AM

I think you need to edit so that it's The Big Country and not just Big Country, good list though for American releases, perhaps consider doing one that incorporates the rest of the World too so we can maybe buy the best version of a film out there.

Thanks - hadn't noticed the "The" missing on The Big Country.

As far as non-US releases, 1990+ titles, short films, etc. - I just don't have the energy for it. I had to set parameters to work within so it didn't over consume my time. Right now even the 80s titles are getting a bit cumbersome. :)

#840 of 1030 Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,143 posts

Posted June 08 2013 - 11:10 AM

Added the following:

Creepshow 2 (1987) (Image) - coming to Blu-ray 9/3/13

The Monster Club (1981) (Scorpion) - coming to Blu-ray 9/24/13

Shout at the Devil (1976) (Shout Factory) - coming to Blu-ray 9/24/13

Voyage of the Damned (1976) (Shout Factory) - coming to Blu-ray 9/24/13

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users