• 7,143 posts
  • LocationNorth Hollywood, CA

Posted April 02 2013 - 11:12 AM

Added the following:

Body Double (1984) (Twilight) - coming to Blu-ray 8/13/13

The Disappearance (1977) (Twilight) - coming to Blu-ray 8/13/13

Love Is a Many-Splendored Thing (1955) (Twilight) - coming to Blu-ray 7/9/13

Peggy Sue Got Married (1986) (Image) - coming to Blu-ray 7/30/13

"And now the reprimand, from an American critic. He reproaches me for using film as a sacred & lasting medium, like a painting or a book. He does not believe that filmmaking is an inferior art, but he believes, and quite rightly, that a reel goes quickly, that the public are looking above all for relaxation, that film is fragile and that it is pretentious to express the power of one's soul by such ephemeral and delicate means, that Charlie Chaplin's or Buster Keaton's first films can only be seen on very rare and badly spoiled prints. I add that the cinema is making daily progress and that eventually films that we consider marvelous today will soon be forgotten because of new dimensions & colour. This is true. But for 4 weeks this film [The Blood of a Poet] has been shown to audiences that have been so attentive, so eager & so warm, that I wonder after all there is not an anonymous public who are looking for more than relaxation in the cinema." - Jean Cocteau, 1932

#802 of 1030 Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,143 posts

Posted April 04 2013 - 12:37 PM

Added the following:

The Kentucky Fried Movie (1977) (Shout Factory) - coming to Blu-ray 7/2/13

The Producers (1968) (Shout Factory) - coming to Blu-ray 7/2/13

"And now the reprimand, from an American critic. He reproaches me for using film as a sacred & lasting medium, like a painting or a book. He does not believe that filmmaking is an inferior art, but he believes, and quite rightly, that a reel goes quickly, that the public are looking above all for relaxation, that film is fragile and that it is pretentious to express the power of one's soul by such ephemeral and delicate means, that Charlie Chaplin's or Buster Keaton's first films can only be seen on very rare and badly spoiled prints. I add that the cinema is making daily progress and that eventually films that we consider marvelous today will soon be forgotten because of new dimensions & colour. This is true. But for 4 weeks this film [The Blood of a Poet] has been shown to audiences that have been so attentive, so eager & so warm, that I wonder after all there is not an anonymous public who are looking for more than relaxation in the cinema." - Jean Cocteau, 1932

#803 of 1030 Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,143 posts

Posted April 05 2013 - 09:30 AM

Added the following:

Battle Creek Brawl (aka The Big Brawl) (1980) (Shout Factory) - coming to Blu-ray 7/16/13

Cohen and Tate (1988) (Shout Factory) - coming to Blu-ray 7/9/13

Heavy Traffic (1973) (Shout Factory) - coming to Blu-ray 7/16/13

Knightriders (1981) (Shout Factory) - coming to Blu-ray 7/30/13

#804 of 1030 Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,143 posts

Posted April 08 2013 - 11:22 AM

Added the following:

Butch and Sundance: The Early Days (1979) (Shout Factory) - NOTE: Available on Movie 4 You: Timeless Westerns release - coming to Blu-ray 7/30/13

The Last Hard Men (1976) (Shout Factory) - NOTE: Available on Movie 4 You: Timeless Westerns release - coming to Blu-ray 7/30/13

Rio Conchos (1964) (Shout Factory) - NOTE: Available on Movie 4 You: Timeless Westerns release - coming to Blu-ray 7/30/13

Take a Hard Ride (1975) (Shout Factory) - NOTE: Available on Movie 4 You: Timeless Westerns release - coming to Blu-ray 7/30/13

#805 of 1030 Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,143 posts

Posted April 15 2013 - 11:18 AM

Added the following:

And Then There Were None (1945) (Gaiam) - coming to Blu-ray 7/16/13

Babette's Feast (1987) (Criterion) - coming to Blu-ray 7/23/13

Death Hunt (1981) (Fox) - coming to Blu-ray 8/20/13

Hanging for Django (1969) (Raro) - coming to Blu-ray 7/23/13

The Life of Oharu (1952) (Criterion) - coming to Blu-ray 7/9/13

Lord of the Flies (1963) (Criterion) - coming to Blu-ray 7/16/13

#806 of 1030 Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,143 posts

Posted April 17 2013 - 12:06 AM

Added the following:

The Bronte Sisters (1979) (Cohen Media) - coming to Blu-ray 7/30/13

Flashdance (1983) (Warner) - coming to Blu-ray 8/13/13

The Presidio (1988) (Warner) - coming to Blu-ray 8/13/13

Second Chorus (1940) (HD Cinema Classics) - coming to Blu-ray 5/14/13

#807 of 1030 Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,143 posts

Posted April 17 2013 - 10:18 AM

Added the following:

Action Jackson (1988) (Warner) - coming to Blu-ray 8/6/13

Snuff (1976) (Blue Underground) - coming to Blu-ray 9/24/13

#808 of 1030 Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,143 posts

Posted April 19 2013 - 02:13 PM

Added the following:

Battlestar Galactica (1978) (Universal) - coming to Blu-ray 5/14/13

Flame of the Barbary Coast (1945) (Olive) - coming to Blu-ray 6/25/13

Hangar 18 (1980) (Olive) - coming to Blu-ray 6/25/13

Oliver & Company (1988) (Disney) - coming to Blu-ray 8/6/13

One Touch of Venus (1952) (Olive) - coming to Blu-ray 6/25/13

Showdown at Boot Hill (1958) (Olive) - coming to Blu-ray 6/25/13

#809 of 1030 Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,143 posts

Posted April 22 2013 - 01:11 PM

Added the following:

Swamp Thing (1982) (Shout Factory) - coming to Blu-ray 8/20/13

#810 of 1030 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,784 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted April 22 2013 - 02:36 PM

Added the following:

Swamp Thing (1982) (Shout Factory) - coming to Blu-ray 8/20/13

FYI: Despite Shout's best efforts, they could only get the edited version.

#811 of 1030 Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,143 posts

Posted April 22 2013 - 03:07 PM

FYI: Despite Shout's best efforts, they could only get the edited version.

True, but calling it the "edited" version is a bit of a misnomer. It's the US Theatrical Cut, which is Craven's preferred cut, as opposed to the International Cut with the extra nudity.

#812 of 1030 Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,143 posts

Posted April 24 2013 - 10:51 AM

Added the following:

Cinerama Holiday (1955) (Flicker Alley) - coming to Blu-ray 10/22/13

Retreat, Hell! (1952) (Olive) - coming to Blu-ray 6/18/13

South Seas Adventure (1958) (Flicker Alley) - coming to Blu-ray 10/22/13

#813 of 1030 Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,143 posts

Posted April 27 2013 - 11:33 AM

Added the following:

The King of Comedy (1982) (Fox) - coming to Blu-ray 10/29/13

By my count this is the 500th released/release date announced 1980s film for US Blu-ray.

#814 of 1030 Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,143 posts

Posted May 01 2013 - 10:42 AM

Added the following:

Black Sabbath (1963) (Kino) - coming to Blu-ray 7/16/13

Bus Stop (1956) (Fox) - coming to Blu-ray 7/30/13

Foolish Wives (1922) (Kino) - coming to Blu-ray 7/30/13

Hands of the Ripper (1971) (Synapse) - coming to Blu-ray 7/9/13

Niagara (1953) (Fox) - coming to Blu-ray 7/30/13

#815 of 1030 Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,143 posts

Posted May 03 2013 - 11:46 AM

Added the following:

Comment ça va? (1978) (Olive) - coming to Blu-ray 6/25/13

Crashout (1955) (Olive) - coming to Blu-ray 6/25/13

Keep Your Right Up (1987) (Olive) - coming to Blu-ray 6/25/13

Shark! (aka Caine) (1969) (Olive) - coming to Blu-ray 6/25/13

#816 of 1030 Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,143 posts

Posted May 07 2013 - 10:25 AM

Added the following:

The Jerk (1979) (Universal) - coming to Blu-ray 7/9/13

The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (1977) (Disney) - coming to Blu-ray 8/27/13

#817 of 1030 Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,143 posts

Posted May 08 2013 - 03:18 PM

Added the following:

The 300 Spartans (1962) (Fox) - coming to Blu-ray 7/23/13

Ishtar (1987) (Sony) - coming to Blu-ray 8/6/13

Love Me Tender (1956) (Fox) - coming to Blu-ray 7/23/13

Q: The Winged Serpent (1982) (Shout Factory) - coming to Blu-ray 8/27/13

Schizoid (1980) (Shout Factory) - coming to Blu-ray 8/20/13

X-Ray (aka Hospital Massacre) (1980) (Shout Factory) - coming to Blu-ray 8/20/13

Ishtar is back.... again

#818 of 1030 Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,143 posts

Posted May 09 2013 - 12:55 PM

Added the following:

The Big Boss (1971) (Shout Factory) - NOTE: Available on Bruce Lee: The Legacy Collection release - coming to Blu-ray 7/9/13

Fist of Fury (aka The Chinese Connection) (1972) (Shout Factory) - NOTE: Available on Bruce Lee: The Legacy Collection release - coming to Blu-ray 7/9/13

Game of Death (1978) (Shout Factory) - NOTE: Available on Bruce Lee: The Legacy Collection release - coming to Blu-ray 7/9/13

The Way of the Dragon (1972) (Shout Factory) - NOTE: Available on Bruce Lee: The Legacy Collection release - coming to Blu-ray 7/9/13

Please note that the 7/9/13 date is from Shout Factory directly; all other retailers have the release date of 8/6/13

#819 of 1030 Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,143 posts

Posted May 10 2013 - 02:49 PM

Added the following:

A Boy and His Dog (1975) (Shout Factory) - coming to Blu-ray 8/6/13

Quicksilver (1986) (Image) - coming to Blu-ray 8/6/13

Roadie (1980) (Shout Factory) - coming to Blu-ray 8/20/13

Robin Hood (1973) (Disney) - coming to Blu-ray 8/6/13

#820 of 1030 Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,143 posts

Posted May 14 2013 - 01:46 PM

Added the following:

An American Hippie in Israel (aka The Hitch Hiker) (1972) (Grindhouse) - coming to Blu-ray 9/10/13

Corruption (1968) (Grindhouse) - coming to Blu-ray 9/10/13

The Damned (1947) (Cohen Media) - coming to Blu-ray 8/13/13

My Tutor (1983) (Scorpion) - coming to Blu-ray 8/20/13

The Sword in the Stone (1963) (Disney) - coming to Blu-ray 8/6/13

Removed the following as the info came from a DVD release incorrectly listed as Blu-ray:

Butch and Sundance: The Early Days (1979) (Shout Factory)

The Last Hard Men (1976) (Shout Factory)

Rio Conchos (1964) (Shout Factory)

Take a Hard Ride (1975) (Shout Factory)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users