Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Pre-90s catalog on Blu - A comprehensive list

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1051 replies to this topic

#781 of 1052 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,280 posts
  • LocationNorth Hollywood, CA

Posted February 28 2013 - 12:08 PM

Added the following:

Little Caesar (1931) (Warner) - NOTE: Available on Ultimate Gangster Collection: Classics release - coming to Blu-ray 5/21/13

The Petrified Forest (1936) (Warner) - NOTE: Available on Ultimate Gangster Collection: Classics release - coming to Blu-ray 5/21/13

The Public Enemy (1931) (Warner) - NOTE: Available on Ultimate Gangster Collection: Classics release - coming to Blu-ray 5/21/13

White Heat (1949) (Warner) - NOTE: Available on Ultimate Gangster Collection: Classics release - coming to Blu-ray 5/21/13

Source: http://shop.tcm.com/...il.php?p=442922

"And now the reprimand, from an American critic. He reproaches me for using film as a sacred & lasting medium, like a painting or a book. He does not believe that filmmaking is an inferior art, but he believes, and quite rightly, that a reel goes quickly, that the public are looking above all for relaxation, that film is fragile and that it is pretentious to express the power of one's soul by such ephemeral and delicate means, that Charlie Chaplin's or Buster Keaton's first films can only be seen on very rare and badly spoiled prints. I add that the cinema is making daily progress and that eventually films that we consider marvelous today will soon be forgotten because of new dimensions & colour. This is true. But for 4 weeks this film [The Blood of a Poet] has been shown to audiences that have been so attentive, so eager & so warm, that I wonder after all there is not an anonymous public who are looking for more than relaxation in the cinema." - Jean Cocteau, 1932

#782 of 1052 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,280 posts

Posted March 01 2013 - 06:10 AM

Added the following:

Cleopatra (1963) (Fox) - coming to Blu-ray 5/21/13

The Great Escape (1963) (MGM) - coming to Blu-ray 5/7/13

"And now the reprimand, from an American critic. He reproaches me for using film as a sacred & lasting medium, like a painting or a book. He does not believe that filmmaking is an inferior art, but he believes, and quite rightly, that a reel goes quickly, that the public are looking above all for relaxation, that film is fragile and that it is pretentious to express the power of one's soul by such ephemeral and delicate means, that Charlie Chaplin's or Buster Keaton's first films can only be seen on very rare and badly spoiled prints. I add that the cinema is making daily progress and that eventually films that we consider marvelous today will soon be forgotten because of new dimensions & colour. This is true. But for 4 weeks this film [The Blood of a Poet] has been shown to audiences that have been so attentive, so eager & so warm, that I wonder after all there is not an anonymous public who are looking for more than relaxation in the cinema." - Jean Cocteau, 1932

#783 of 1052 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,280 posts

Posted March 04 2013 - 10:22 AM

Added the following:

Brubaker (1980) (Fox) - coming to Blu-ray 5/7/14

Electra Glide in Blue (1973) (Shout Factory) - coming to Blu-ray 6/4/13

The Howling (1981) (Shout Factory) - coming to Blu-ray 6/18/13

Ninja III: The Domination (1984) (Shout Factory) - coming to Blu-ray 6/11/13

The Verdict (1982) (Fox) - coming to Blu-ray 5/7/13

#784 of 1052 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,280 posts

Posted March 05 2013 - 09:29 AM

Added the following:

The Black Swan (1942) (Fox) - coming to Blu-ray 12/3/13
The Call of the Wild (1935) (Fox) - coming to Blu-ray 12/3/13
Carmen Jones (1954) (Fox) - coming to Blu-ray 12/3/13
Cavalcade (1933) (Fox) - coming to Blu-ray 8/6/13
Desk Set (1957) (Fox) - coming to Blu-ray 12/3/13
The Ghost and Mrs. Muir (1947) (Fox) - coming to Blu-ray 12/3/13
Jesse James (1939) (Fox) - coming to Blu-ray 12/3/13
North to Alaska (1960) (Fox) - coming to Blu-ray 12/3/13
The Undefeated (1969) (Fox) - coming to Blu-ray 12/3/13

I'll add the specific date for Cavalcade when it is revealed.

EDIT: Cavalcade is official 8/6/13

#785 of 1052 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,280 posts

Posted March 08 2013 - 06:50 AM

Added the following:

Blood and Sand (1941) (Fox) - coming to Blu-ray 7/9/13

Altered the following:

Shoot First, Die Later (1974) (Raro) - coming to Blu-ray 5/28/13

Removed the following due to apparent cancellation:

Kidnap Syndicate (1975) (Raro)

Naked Violence (1969) (Raro)

Night Tide (1961) (Kino)

#786 of 1052 OFFLINE   AnthonyClarke

AnthonyClarke

Supporting Actor

• 996 posts
  • LocationWoodend Victoria Australia

Posted March 09 2013 - 10:42 AM

Carmen Jones and The Ghost and Mrs Muir in the same month. Great. Is is a coincidence that they both featured in the Fox poll of desired releases on this site? From memory The Ghost and Mrs Muir won in its grouping, and Carmen Jones came second .... getting trumped only because of unbelievably heavy voting for a rival on the very final day of the poll.

#787 of 1052 OFFLINE   JoHud

JoHud

Screenwriter

• 2,704 posts

Posted March 09 2013 - 10:48 AM

Both 1st and 2nd place holders are getting released in December from that poll.

#788 of 1052 OFFLINE   AnthonyClarke

AnthonyClarke

Supporting Actor

• 996 posts
  • LocationWoodend Victoria Australia

Posted March 10 2013 - 02:24 PM

I see. Well, I'm glad I kept voting for them both. Took me a minute to work out release date ... over here 12/3 means March 12, which is tomorrow! I keep forgetting that in America you put the month first instead of the day ........

#789 of 1052 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,280 posts

Posted March 11 2013 - 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by AnthonyClarke 

Took me a minute to work out release date ... over here 12/3 means March 12, which is tomorrow! I keep forgetting that in America you put the month first instead of the day ........

Sorry about that. Posted Image

#790 of 1052 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,280 posts

Posted March 13 2013 - 09:50 AM

Added the following:

In Old Arizona (1928) (Fox) - coming to Blu-ray 6/4/13

#791 of 1052 OFFLINE   JoHud

JoHud

Screenwriter

• 2,704 posts

Posted March 13 2013 - 10:09 AM

Eh, what? That was one of the last film I ever expected to see given blu-ray treatment. It was unceremoniously and quietly released on DVD a while back, so I never thought Fox had much faith in their early talkies given how few of them are actually released by Fox. Great news nonetheless.

#792 of 1052 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,280 posts

Posted March 13 2013 - 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by JoHud 

Eh, what? That was one of the last film I ever expected to see given blu-ray treatment. It was unceremoniously and quietly released on DVD a while back, so I never thought Fox had much faith in their early talkies given how few of them are actually released by Fox.

Great news nonetheless.

One of the odd things about Blu-ray is that titles that were prepped for DVD release later in that format's cycle (say, 2005-07) have HD masters easier to tweak just a bit more or ready to go for Blu-ray than the earlier DVD releases of classics.

#793 of 1052 OFFLINE   JoHud

JoHud

Screenwriter

• 2,704 posts

Posted March 13 2013 - 10:36 AM

Very true, though considering the films that have yet to get released and what has ended up through Twilight Time, it is most surprising.

#794 of 1052 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,280 posts

Posted March 13 2013 - 10:56 AM

Re-added the following:

Kidnap Syndicate (1975) (Raro) - NOTE: Available on Fernando di Leo Crime Collection Vol. 2 release - coming to Blu-ray 6/25/13

Naked Violence (1969) (Raro) - NOTE: Available on Fernando di Leo Crime Collection Vol. 2 release - coming to Blu-ray 6/25/13

Note that Raro is now being distributed by Kino instead of Entertainment One.

#795 of 1052 OFFLINE   Adam_S

Adam_S

Producer

• 6,116 posts

Posted March 14 2013 - 06:00 AM

man if Fox is releasing In Old Arizona, perhaps there's hope they'll release the two rarest BP releases, the never screened on TV, never released on video East Lynne and The White Parade.

#796 of 1052 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,280 posts

Posted March 23 2013 - 01:42 AM

Added the following:

The Anderson Tapes (1971) (Mill Creek) - coming to Blu-ray 5/7/13

The Brotherhood of Satan (1971) (Mill Creek) - coming to Blu-ray 5/7/13

Earthquake (1974) (Universal) - coming to Blu-ray 6/4/13

Greystoke: The Legend of Tarzan, Lord of the Apes (1984) (Warner) - coming to Blu-ray 4/9/13

Hell's House (1932) (Kino) - coming to Blu-ray 6/18/13

Marketa Lazarová (1967) (Criterion) - coming to Blu-ray 6/18/13

Midway (1976) (Universal) - coming to Blu-ray 6/4/13

Mr. Sardonicus (1961) (Mill Creek) - coming to Blu-ray 5/7/13

Of Human Bondage (1934) (Kino) - coming to Blu-ray 6/18/13

Physical Evidence (1989) (Mill Creek) - coming to Blu-ray 5/7/13

Safety Last! (1923) (Criterion) - coming to Blu-ray 6/18/13

Scum (1979) (Kino) - coming to Blu-ray 6/4/13

Shoah (1985) (Criterion) - coming to Blu-ray 6/25/13

Sparkle (1976) (Warner) - coming to Blu-ray 5/7/13

Telephone Book (1971) (Vinegar Syndrome) - coming to Blu-ray 5/7/13

Things to Come (1936) (Criterion) - coming to Blu-ray 6/18/13

Wild Strawberries (1957) (Criterion) - coming to Blu-ray 6/11/13

I also reduced the font size of the first post slightly since the list has grown fairly large.

#797 of 1052 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,280 posts

Posted March 25 2013 - 03:29 PM

I'm changing the now sub-licensed new-to-Blu Paramount-to-Warner titles to being listed as "Warner" as it appears, unlike the MGM/Fox arrangement, these are essentially Warner releases with minimal involvement by Paramount.

Updated:

The Fog (1980) (Shout Factory) - coming to Blu-ray 7/30/13

The Incredible Melting Man (1977) (Shout Factory) - coming to Blu-ray 7/30/13

The Odd Couple (1968) (Warner) - coming to Blu-ray 6/4/13

Shane (1953) (Warner) - coming to Blu-ray 6/4/14

#798 of 1052 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,280 posts

Posted March 26 2013 - 07:03 PM

Added the following:

Remote Control (1988) (Jeff Lieberman)

Director Jeff Lieberman has released his film Remote Control on BD & DVD directly through his website at http://jefflieberman.../dvdbluray.html

#799 of 1052 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,280 posts

Posted March 28 2013 - 10:59 AM

Added the following:

The House of Seven Corpses (1974) (Severin) - coming to Blu-ray 6/11/13

The House on Straw Hill (1976) (Severin) - coming to Blu-ray 6/11/13

Street Trash (1987) (Synapse) - coming to Blu-ray 6/11/13

Tower of Evil (aka Horror of Snape Island) (1972) (Scorpion) - coming to Blu-ray 7/23/13

#800 of 1052 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,280 posts

Posted March 28 2013 - 02:45 PM

Added the following:

Dark Command (1940) (Olive) - coming to Blu-ray 5/28/13

Father Goose (1964) (Olive) - coming to Blu-ray 5/28/13

The File on Thelma Jordan (1950) (Olive) - coming to Blu-ray 5/28/13

The Grass Is Greener (1960) (Olive) - coming to Blu-ray 5/28/13

In Old California (1942) (Olive) - coming to Blu-ray 5/28/13

Lady from Louisiana (1941) (Olive) - coming to Blu-ray 5/28/13

The Magic Christian (1969) (Olive) - coming to Blu-ray 5/28/13

Reuben, Reuben (1983) (Olive) - coming to Blu-ray 5/28/13

Shanks (1974) (Olive) - coming to Blu-ray 5/28/13

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users