• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#41 of 48 OFFLINE   John Hodson

John Hodson

Producer

• 4,453 posts
  • LocationBolton, Lancashire

Posted September 17 2009 - 09:57 PM

Stagecoach was confirmed as coming from Criterion a while ago here. They've also given heavy hints of both SD and BD releases. A poster at the Criterion forum adds: "I recently talked to one of the trustees at the Caidin Trust who confirmed that the library of titles from the trust including Othello, I Married A Witch, To Be Or Not to Be, History is Made at Night has been licensed to Criterion in addition to Stagecoach."

I'd be surprised if they didn't also release The Long Voyage Home, which has also gone OOP from Warners.
So many films, so little time...
Film Journal Blog
Lt. Col. Thursday: Beaufort; no preliminary nonsense with him, no ceremonial phrasing. Straight from the shoulder as I tell you, do you hear me? They're recalcitrant swine and they must feel it...

#42 of 48 OFFLINE   Pete York

Pete York

Supporting Actor

• 560 posts

Posted September 18 2009 - 06:10 PM

Thanks for the tip, John. Couple other titles being thrown around in that thread include FOREIGN CORRESPONDENT, YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE, and an apparent confirmation of NIGHT TRAIN TO MUNICH

#43 of 48 OFFLINE   Marcel H.

Marcel H.

Supporting Actor

• 553 posts

Posted September 19 2009 - 03:11 AM

Don't know whether I'm going to double-dip on the ex-Warner stuff but the other movies mentioned in the last two posts are very tempting.

Recently bought: Tracy & Hepburn the Definitive Coll., The Mountain, Rope of Sand, Taxi Driver (BD), Heroes of Telemark, Night of the Generals
Pre-Order: Knock on Any Door, The Outlaw Josey Wales (BD), The Man Who Would Be King (BD), Night Flight, The Hustler (BD)...
My Collection

#44 of 48 OFFLINE   Jim_K

Jim_K

Executive Producer

• 10,089 posts

Posted September 19 2009 - 03:32 AM

Unless the titles previously released like FOREIGN CORRESPONDENT get the BD treatment I'll be doing the same, sticking with the disc I already have and taking a pass.

I am glad to see Criterion going after more classic Hollywood era films though.

Death before Streaming!

#45 of 48 OFFLINE   Dick

Dick

Producer

• 4,156 posts

Posted October 07 2010 - 03:17 AM

I have read in the past that people found hints regarding possible upcoming titles in their newsletters, leading to speculation that STAGECOACH and FRIENDS OF EDDUE COYLE among others were coming up. I have just subscribed to this, and at the bottom of my e-mail, beside the promo for the theatertrical re-issue of KURONEKO (which looks cool), there is a hand-drawn alligator or croc dressed in a suit and tie and pointing one finger. Is this in line with the clues the rest of you have been getting? If so, I can't imagine what film it might portend, other than ALLIGATOR PEOPLE, a Fox film I am quite sure Criterion would have no interest in.

#46 of 48 OFFLINE   Marcel H.

Marcel H.

Supporting Actor

• 553 posts

Posted October 07 2010 - 03:52 AM

Over at Criterionforum.org they're saying it's most likely Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas on Blu-ray.

Recently bought: Tracy & Hepburn the Definitive Coll., The Mountain, Rope of Sand, Taxi Driver (BD), Heroes of Telemark, Night of the Generals
Pre-Order: Knock on Any Door, The Outlaw Josey Wales (BD), The Man Who Would Be King (BD), Night Flight, The Hustler (BD)...
My Collection

#47 of 48 OFFLINE   John Stell

John Stell

Supporting Actor

• 848 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted April 30 2013 - 12:05 PM

Got the newsletter today.  Looks like I Married A Witch is making its way to the digital realm.

wackywedding.jpg

"...you would not understand...You do not...have...daughters."

#48 of 48 OFFLINE   mdnitoil

mdnitoil

Supporting Actor

• 777 posts

Posted April 30 2013 - 01:11 PM

Nice, the R2 import is nothing to get excited about.  If would be great if they could get The Ghost Goes West as well.

Edited by mdnitoil, April 30 2013 - 01:12 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users