Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

New Member, Huge Problem

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   cottcott

cottcott

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted July 10 2009 - 01:11 PM

Hello everyone,

I just bought the Yamaha HTR-5890 used on eBay.  It's in great shape.  My big problem is that I can't get any sound or power to come out of my Onkyo SKR-530 subwoofer.  All the other speakers work great, just no juice from the sub.  Am I doing something wrong?  Perhaps with the settings.  So frustrating!
Edited by cottcott - 7/11/2009 at 01:25 am GMT

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   EarleD

EarleD

Supporting Actor

• 733 posts

Posted July 10 2009 - 01:46 PM

Is the subwoofer turned on in the speaker setup menu on the reciever?
Are your speakers set to small?

Let us know

Earle

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   cottcott

cottcott

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted July 11 2009 - 01:24 AM

Yes, I checked all of that stuff.  Is it possible that the receiver doesn't recognize the sub?  Perhaps a different sub will be necessary, or cord maybe?  I know the cord works because when I tap my finger on the end, the sub lights up.  It's just that the receiver will not recognize it, even in test mode.  All speakers but the sub function.

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   David Willow

David Willow

Babbling Idiot

• 2,223 posts
  • LocationMechanicsburg, PA

Posted July 11 2009 - 07:57 AM

Make sure the sub is plugged into the "sub out" not the input.  Most likely the color will be purple. 

I’m training to run a marathon for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, to raise life-saving funds to help those fighting blood cancers. Please help! See details and donation link here.

Dolby and DTS Plaques (downloads)
Audyssey Setup Guide

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users