Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Mimic coming to Blu (in Canada)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   RickER

RickER

Producer

• 5,130 posts
  • LocationTulsa, Oklahoma

Posted July 10 2009 - 09:36 AM

I like to check out deals over at Amazon.ca, and in doing so, i found that Mimic is coming to Blu in Canada in Aug.

The price after i ordered came out to $27 Can and some change. I figure it will work out to be under $25 US.
I dont usually import. But Mimic has not seen a re-release in the US, and if i recall, the old disc is non anamorpic widescreen, and a 10 year old transfer.
I dont think i can go wrong with importing this, and would be shocked to see Disney release it anytime soon, in the US.

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   David Coleman

David Coleman

Supporting Actor

• 762 posts

Posted July 11 2009 - 11:31 AM

This was always one of my favorite DD surround tracks. Would be interested to hear how the lossless track sounds.

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Producer

• 5,409 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted July 11 2009 - 03:34 PM

I've always liked this movie.  It is a strange, well made, monster-flick.  I'll be interested in reviews of this disc.

Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   johnbr

johnbr

Stunt Coordinator

• 148 posts

Posted July 12 2009 - 10:15 AM

Will it be the Dr's cut se/sp that was made but never come out. 

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Stephen_J_H

Stephen_J_H

Producer

• 4,075 posts
  • LocationNorth of the 49th

Posted July 12 2009 - 10:57 AM

I doubt it. That's probably controlled by TWC, and if it hasn't seen the light of day on DVD in North America, don't look to Alliance in Canada to release it; remember, these are the guys who put out a 1080i 1.78:1 version of Seven.

"My opinion is that (a) anyone who actually works in a video store and does not understand letterboxing has given up on life, and (b) any customer who prefers to have the sides of a movie hacked off should not be licensed to operate a video player."-- Roger Ebert