Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Mimic coming to Blu (in Canada)

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 RickER

RickER

Producer

• 5,130 posts
  • LocationTulsa, Oklahoma

Posted July 10 2009 - 09:36 AM

I like to check out deals over at Amazon.ca, and in doing so, i found that Mimic is coming to Blu in Canada in Aug.

The price after i ordered came out to $27 Can and some change. I figure it will work out to be under $25 US.
I dont usually import. But Mimic has not seen a re-release in the US, and if i recall, the old disc is non anamorpic widescreen, and a 10 year old transfer.
I dont think i can go wrong with importing this, and would be shocked to see Disney release it anytime soon, in the US.

#2 of 5 David Coleman

David Coleman

Supporting Actor

• 757 posts

Posted July 11 2009 - 11:31 AM

This was always one of my favorite DD surround tracks. Would be interested to hear how the lossless track sounds.

#3 of 5 Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member

• 5,000 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted July 11 2009 - 03:34 PM

I've always liked this movie.  It is a strange, well made, monster-flick.  I'll be interested in reviews of this disc.

Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

#4 of 5 johnbr

johnbr

Stunt Coordinator

• 148 posts

Posted July 12 2009 - 10:15 AM

Will it be the Dr's cut se/sp that was made but never come out. 

#5 of 5 Stephen_J_H

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie

• 3,862 posts
  • LocationNorth of the 49th

Posted July 12 2009 - 10:57 AM

I doubt it. That's probably controlled by TWC, and if it hasn't seen the light of day on DVD in North America, don't look to Alliance in Canada to release it; remember, these are the guys who put out a 1080i 1.78:1 version of Seven.

"My opinion is that (a) anyone who actually works in a video store and does not understand letterboxing has given up on life, and (b) any customer who prefers to have the sides of a movie hacked off should not be licensed to operate a video player."-- Roger Ebert

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users