Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

The Stepfather DVD is coming October 13th!!!

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 of 14 OFFLINE   Radioman970

Radioman970

Producer

• 6,408 posts
  • LocationCould be anywhere

Posted July 09 2009 - 07:44 AM

Didn't know if this info had been posted yet.  Did a search and got nothing but folk wanting it.  Well....here ya go!!!

The STEPFATHER slasher/comedy from 1987 is coming to DVD in October. 

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

READY FOR PREORDER:
http://www.amazon.co...KX0DER&v=glance

Very exciting. 

Silly Party Candidate: Tarquin Fin- tim- lim- bim- whin- bim- lim- bus- stop- F'tang- F'tang- Olè- Biscuitbarrel

#2 of 14 OFFLINE   cineMANIAC

cineMANIAC

Screenwriter

• 2,009 posts
  • LocationNew York City/San Lorenzo, PR

Posted July 09 2009 - 08:02 AM

Its coming from, of all people, Shout! Factory. I thought they were primarily a TV-on-DVD outfit but apparently they're branching out into feature films. I hope they acquired the ITC catalog (producer/distributor of the film) because they made a few good ones back in the day. Can't wait for this - it only took 12 years (and a remake) for it to make an appearance.
RIP Roberto Gomez Bolanos.

#3 of 14 OFFLINE   Radioman970

Radioman970

Producer

• 6,408 posts

Posted July 09 2009 - 11:33 PM

My VHS was little looking long in the tooth.  The film has a wonderful autumn look throughout.  I hope the transfer has good color.  Lots of oranges, browns and reds.  Well...LOTS of reds.  hee hee! 

12 years!  Well, if The Stepfather is the beginning of a huge movie release schedule then we may be in for some exciting releases in the future. 

Silly Party Candidate: Tarquin Fin- tim- lim- bim- whin- bim- lim- bus- stop- F'tang- F'tang- Olè- Biscuitbarrel

#4 of 14 OFFLINE   Robin_B

Robin_B

Stunt Coordinator

• 177 posts

Posted July 14 2009 - 03:46 AM

Slasher / Comedy? I must of missed the comedy element.

"Yeah but secreted from what?"

#5 of 14 OFFLINE   Radioman970

Radioman970

Producer

• 6,408 posts

Posted July 15 2009 - 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by Robin_B 

Slasher / Comedy? I must of missed the comedy element.
I'd always viewed it as a black comedy.  The people trying to find him, the relative of murdered people and a cop, are hilarious.  I guess that's unintentional comedy, but there's some intended black comedy as well....I believe. 

#6 of 14 OFFLINE   Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 15,115 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted July 15 2009 - 05:16 PM

Don't they show the daughter naked and wasn't she underage at the time?  I was always a little disturbed by that, even when I was about her same age.

Edit: Not even close.  Looks like she was about 24 at the time.  

Edited by Greg_S_H - 7/16/2009 at 05:29 am GMT

#7 of 14 OFFLINE   Radioman970

Radioman970

Producer

• 6,408 posts

Posted July 15 2009 - 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by Greg_S_H [url=/forum/thread/290164/the-stepfather-dvd-is-coming-october-13th#post_3585017]

#8 of 14 OFFLINE   Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 15,115 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted July 16 2009 - 08:37 AM

Wasn't she supposed to be 15?  If so, I guess that's what shocked me.  Of course, I was 14 at the time, so I wasn't so shocked that I didn't watch, rewind, watch, rewind. . . .  

#9 of 14 OFFLINE   Radioman970

Radioman970

Producer

• 6,408 posts

Posted July 16 2009 - 11:29 PM

Whoa.  15?   She looks 17 at least.  This is a guess...but maybe the character was meant to be 15 but casting wanted that actress even though she looked too old for the role.  Just a thought...  But 15 for her is a big stretch. I remember her looking 17 or 18. 

I saw the film with my mother and maybe older sister..  That part was kind of uncomfortable and the vulnerability thing came through.  But later viewings by myself were a little...different. 

#10 of 14 OFFLINE   WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,168 posts

Posted July 17 2009 - 10:06 AM

This will be great if Shout! Factory are branching out into film DVD releases. It's a pity they couldn't get the rights to Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me.

Is there any chance of them also releasing The Stepfather II & III?

#11 of 14 OFFLINE   Radioman970

Radioman970

Producer

• 6,408 posts

Posted July 18 2009 - 01:06 AM

Originally Posted by WaveCrest 

This will be great if Shout! Factory are branching out into film DVD releases. It's a pity they couldn't get the rights to Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me.

Is there any chance of them also releasing The Stepfather II & III?
There's a special edition of 2 coming out in September 29.  I'll stick with the first release of it.  A fine film but not worth the double dip.  

Not sure about 3.  Nothing comes up on amazon.com.   

#12 of 14 OFFLINE   WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,168 posts

Posted July 18 2009 - 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by Radioman970 

There's a special edition of 2 coming out in September 29.  I'll stick with the first release of it.  A fine film but not worth the double dip.  

Not sure about 3.  Nothing comes up on amazon.com.   

Thanks for your reply. After making my last post in this thread I went on a horror movies website called Horrormovies.ca, and whilst browsing the DVDs coming soon section saw Stepfather II. I thought the release date was strange as it was coming out before the DVD of the first Stepfather film.

#13 of 14 OFFLINE   Radioman970

Radioman970

Producer

• 6,408 posts

Posted July 19 2009 - 01:30 AM

Yeah, it is kind of strange.  But it got a release in region 1 while Stepfather 1 never has. 

#14 of 14 OFFLINE   Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 15,108 posts
  • LocationThe Other Washington

Posted June 07 2010 - 02:02 AM

Stepfather is also coming out on Blu-ray on 6/15 from shout factory.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users