What's new

The Stepfather DVD is coming October 13th!!! (1 Viewer)

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Didn't know if this info had been posted yet. Did a search and got nothing but folk wanting it. Well....here ya go!!!

[SIZE= larger]The STEPFATHER[/SIZE] slasher/comedy from 1987 is coming to DVD in October.

READY FOR PREORDER:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B002AMVEII/ref=ord_cart_shr?_encoding=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&v=glance

Very exciting.

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
Its coming from, of all people, Shout! Factory. I thought they were primarily a TV-on-DVD outfit but apparently they're branching out into feature films. I hope they acquired the ITC catalog (producer/distributor of the film) because they made a few good ones back in the day. Can't wait for this - it only took 12 years (and a remake) for it to make an appearance.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
My VHS was little looking long in the tooth. The film has a wonderful autumn look throughout. I hope the transfer has good color. Lots of oranges, browns and reds. Well...LOTS of reds. hee hee!

12 years! Well, if The Stepfather is the beginning of a huge movie release schedule then we may be in for some exciting releases in the future.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Originally Posted by Robin_B

Slasher / Comedy? I must of missed the comedy element.
I'd always viewed it as a black comedy. The people trying to find him, the relative of murdered people and a cop, are hilarious. I guess that's unintentional comedy, but there's some intended black comedy as well....I believe.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Don't they show the daughter naked and wasn't she underage at the time? I was always a little disturbed by that, even when I was about her same age.

Edit: Not even close. Looks like she was about 24 at the time.

Edited by Greg_S_H - 7/16/2009 at 05:29 am GMT

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Wasn't she supposed to be 15? If so, I guess that's what shocked me. Of course, I was 14 at the time, so I wasn't so shocked that I didn't watch, rewind, watch, rewind. . . .

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Whoa. 15? She looks 17 at least. This is a guess...but maybe the character was meant to be 15 but casting wanted that actress even though she looked too old for the role. Just a thought... But 15 for her is a big stretch. I remember her looking 17 or 18.

I saw the film with my mother and maybe older sister.. That part was kind of uncomfortable and the vulnerability thing came through. But later viewings by myself were a little...different.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
This will be great if Shout! Factory are branching out into film DVD releases. It's a pity they couldn't get the rights to Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me.

Is there any chance of them also releasing The Stepfather II & III?

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Originally Posted by WaveCrest

This will be great if Shout! Factory are branching out into film DVD releases. It's a pity they couldn't get the rights to Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me.

Is there any chance of them also releasing The Stepfather II & III?
There's a special edition of 2 coming out in September 29. I'll stick with the first release of it. A fine film but not worth the double dip.

Not sure about 3. Nothing comes up on amazon.com.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Originally Posted by Radioman970

There's a special edition of 2 coming out in September 29. I'll stick with the first release of it. A fine film but not worth the double dip.

Not sure about 3. Nothing comes up on amazon.com.
Thanks for your reply. After making my last post in this thread I went on a horror movies website called Horrormovies.ca, and whilst browsing the DVDs coming soon section saw Stepfather II. I thought the release date was strange as it was coming out before the DVD of the first Stepfather film.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks