What's new

Pioneer receivers--audio delay? (1 Viewer)

Matt Stieg

Stunt Coordinator
Just curious how well the audio delay function works on the Pioneer 1019/919/519? Right now I'm using a Sony HT-CT100 and am looking to upgrade to a genuine speaker system. The Sony's audio delay function is simply On or Off, no millisecond settings or anything (for some movies, having the delay on is not enough of a delay, and for others turning the delay off is not enough of an "un-delay"). I've read about the Felston, Alchemy2, and Primare stand-alone audio delays, but those can only be used with digital audio (coax/optical) and are pretty pricey (I'd rather just spend the money towards speakers and a receiver). Do the Pioneer receivers have multiple audio delay settings or millsecond settings, or are they just on/off?

(I'm still within the 30 days of my Sony HT-CT100 from Best Buy, but unfortunately my mom just threw the box out a couple of days ago, so I'll probably just have to bite the bullet and absorb the cost of this one. But I'd rather buy a receiver and speakers rather than just a stand-alone audio delay device).

SoldanoCrush

Auditioning
Real Name
Jonny
I just got the Pioneer VSX-1019AH-K and I am VERY pleased. I haven't messed with any settings, but I'm looking in my manual right now.

0.0 to 10.0 (frames)
1 second = 30 frames (NTSC)
Default 0.0

You also have quite a few presets that you can save and rename (TV, BluRay, DVD, OLD DVD, etc)

One thing I have noticed, is it almost seems like the audio is out of sync on some TV channels. As in, it is broadcast that way.

Overall, the customization of this unit is almost overwhelming... but an intuitive GUI (graphic user interface) makes it a breeze.

The only issue I have is a rather strange connection issue that I have posted about on here. It's a small issue, and more than likely user error.

Hope this helps...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks