What's new

any experience with Energy speakers (1 Viewer)

richiewrt

Auditioning
Real Name
Richie
OK, I am building a new home theater and I am looking for some first hand experience with energy speakers. I would like to know everyone's thoughts on a few comparisons since I can get these at a good price, but I don't have the chance to hear them. These will be getting hooked up to a Marantz 6003 reciever. They will be used probably 50% for tv/movies 40% for games, and 10% for music. They will be going into a room that is about 12 x 24 with an 8' ceiling that drops to about 7' about halfway down the long side of the room. It is carpet over cement and drop ceiling.

The speakers I am looking at are Either the RC-30 or cf-50 for the fronts. Any ideas here as which would be better.

For the center I am looking at either the rc-lcr or the c-c100.

For the rears I have pretty much settled on the rc-r.

And finally for the sub I am looking at either the s12.3 or esw-v10.

Any thoughts on these would be appreciated.

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
I think the RC series is a step up from the C series and the CF is the C series replacement but I easily could be wrong. Whichever fronts you decide on you certainly should go with a matching center from the same series. It's not as critical for the surrounds to match the rest but every effort should be made so they do. Particularly for surround music. I've never owned anything from the CF or RC series but I do own a pair of CC-50 bookhelves from the C series. Excellent little speaker, especially at the closeout price.

I don't know anything about Energy's subwoofers but most around here recommend SVS or HSU and Elemental Designs, PartsExpress or BIC for cheaper alternatives. The sub doesn't need to match the speakers.

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
I have 5 Energy speakers(C series) in my HT and I love them. I've got the C-100 fronts, C-C50 center, and C-R100 bipole surrounds.

richiewrt

Auditioning
Real Name
Richie
Well, I acquired my first speakers 2 days ago now. I got the rc-30's and the rc-lcr is on order. Waiting on the rest or the speakers until my fiance and I get our house and I have my dedicated HT room. Seeing as how these are my first speakers that didn't come from walmart all I can say is wow. These things sound amazing. I currently have them running bi-amped off of my Marantz 6003. If I had known that these would have made this big of a difference from my cheesy little sony cube speakers I would have done it a long time ago. The build quality on the speakers is superb as the speakers looked flawless as I pulled them out of the box. Although I am not a true audiophile, I can feel comfortable recommending these speakers to anyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks