What's new

Warehouse 13 on Sci-Fi Channel - Looks Interesting (1 Viewer)

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
This new series starts on Tuesday July 7, 2009 at 9:00pm EDT, with the usual number of repeat performances during the week for those with full DVR plates. The promos make me curious enough to at least watch the pilot episode. Any thoughts on this new show?

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I'll be recording it as well since I'm out of town during the premiere. I'll catch up this weekend.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Seems like just a remake of the old "Friday the 13th" television series. People tracking down cursed objects.

Brenda M

Stunt Coordinator
Disappointing story, the intro was better than the main "hair comb" part. Kind of interesting characters. Miss out on what was happening with the Houdini article and the woman since I was on the PC too while watching.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
I don't know, I thought it was good enough that I'll keep watching a little longer... Though on the subject of items with various 'abilities' I'd much rather have seen their miniseries "The Lost Room" from a few years ago have been extended into a series myself.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I thought it was good for a pilot. Pilots are usually not very strong. They have to get a lot of stuff out of the way. I am definitely going to give it a chance to grow and improve.

I like the premise. There are a lot of things they can do with it. Only time will tell if they can keep it fresh and fun. It does seem a lot like Friday the 13th: the series. Just more modern.

I am looking forward to seeing what weird items they come up with.

Did they explain what the deal is with the Houdini wallet?

Doug Wallen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Maybe the Houdini wallet will get out again and the story will be told. Seemed like they indicated that it trie to "escape" regularly. Enjoyable pilot for the most part.

Doug

Shawn Shultzaberger

Supporting Actor
I finally got time to watch the pilot show last night and I actually, really enjoyed it. I liked the dialogue between the two agents and the fact that this time it's the woman who's kickin' butt and the man with a more vibey, aura'esque feel about him. Usually it's the other way around.

I also like the fact that Saul Rubineck is in this (Artie). He always plays a great, quirky kind of person.

I'll be staying with this show.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
The concept is similar to TNT's The Librarian, except their repository is a lot more grungy.
I'd say both owe something to the final shot of Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Call it Friday the 13th:TS meets Bones with a bit of Ghostbusters thrown in.

I liked the pilot. The objects can be anything from super-scientific devices to possibly supernatural ones, which gives them more leeway that F13, and the characters are interesting. There is plenty of backstory to explore and develop over time, but it doesn't feel like it isn't going to be another arc-driven serial, of which TV has too many at the moment. I'll be recording future episodes until and unless the producers give me a reason not to. Nice to have another show to help fill up the dull days of summer while waiting for the network stuff to return in the fall. And nice to have something from "SyFy" that isn't total low-budget crap, for a change.

Regards,

Joe

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
Quote:
I'd say both owe something to the final shot of Raiders of the Lost Ark.

I was thinking the exactly same thing.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
The second episode appeared to take place a few incidents after the pilot. It was implied that some time had passed. Trica Helfer's entrance was milked for all its worth.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I enjoyed the show. I noticed that they are trying to create a Booth and Bones type of dynamic for the leads, aren't they?

Doug Wallen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Enjoyed the second episode. Liked the use of actual records. Haven't seen those used in a tv show for a long time.

Seems that they may actually find a use for FBI guy after all. Did seem that Artie liked him.

Doug

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks