-

Photo
- - - - -

The New SVS PB12-Plus settings....need help

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 stud_wit_style

stud_wit_style

Extra

• 19 posts

Posted July 05 2009 - 08:13 AM

After a lot of research I decided to go with the SVS PB12-Plus, it seemed to fit better with what I'm looking for. My next question is what are the settings i should go with. I dont have any fancy equipment to help me find the proper settings.

Reciever: Onkyo TX-SR606
Center Channel: Kef Q9c
Front: Kef Q7
Rear: Kef Q1
Blu-Ray Player: Oppo BDP83 (on order)

This is in my living room. So I have a hallway coming off this room, my front door, and a door size opening leading into the kitchen. I will also point out that I am currently renting. I would say with in 12 months I will own a different house. My next house will have a room dedicated for my home theater.

Room size:
18'-6" x 12'-4" x 8" (approx. 1,820 ft^3)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

#2 of 3 Robert_J

Robert_J

Lead Actor

• 8,123 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted July 05 2009 - 08:16 AM

The only 'fancy' tool you need is a Radio Shack analog SPL meter. It's about $40.  If your receiver has build in calibration and a mic, you can start with that.  The SPL meter and some test tones (free) will help you determine proper sub placement as well as if you need additional EQ.

-Robert

#3 of 3 David Willow

David Willow

Screenwriter

• 1,990 posts
  • LocationMechanicsburg, PA

Posted July 05 2009 - 12:41 PM

The 606 uses Audyssey.  Set the sub to bypass and the phase to 0.  Audyssey will take care of the rest. Put the mic on a tripod and use all 3 positions.  Check the Audyssey Thread here in the Receivers/Seperates/Amps forum for detailed instructions and tips.