Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Remote Control For Rope Lights Needed

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Oswald Pascual

Oswald Pascual

Second Unit

• 300 posts

Posted July 03 2009 - 05:05 AM

Programing a Harmony One for my HT, and I just figure out that the rope lights were RF controlled
before via X-10 module, and the Harmony One has no RF outputs. What do you guys suggest for
me to control my floor rope lights, since an IR on the rope lights will not be line of sight?

Thanks

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino

Lead Actor

• 8,303 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted July 03 2009 - 08:46 AM

There are X-10-compatible IR to RF converters.  You put the converter in line-of-sight to your seating position and it it sends the appropriate RF command to the X-10 box.  I used to use one for indirect low-voltage lighting in my old house.  

Regards,

Joe

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Oswald Pascual

Oswald Pascual

Second Unit

• 300 posts

Posted July 03 2009 - 09:30 AM

I did have one of those, but for some reason that I have not been able to figure out, my X-10 IR to RF converter will all on it's own
start transmitting and get stuck in transmit mode. I have gone thru two of these boxes with the same results. The rope lights will come
on and stay on while I am not in the room. I tried every trouble shooting I could find on the net and callig X-10 with no luck. This is why I am looking for something else to control my rope lights other than an X-10.