Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

- - - - -

Burning a AVI file on DVD Problem--No Audio--Need Help

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   MikeMO

Stunt Coordinator

• 74 posts

Posted July 03 2009 - 03:22 AM

Hey guys,

Not sure if this is the correct forum for this question, but I have a AVI file that's pretty big on my comp (1.7 GB). After I started playing it, I noticed there was no sound, and the Windows Media Player stated I needed a AC3 Filter codec.

I downloaded it, and the sound is great on the computer--everything works fine.

But when I go to burn the dual layer DVD (file is big), I pop the burned DL DVD into my PS3 and only the video plays--no audio.

I try to play it in another player, too, and same situation happens. Any help would be great. My first thought was that the PS3 or DVD player needs the same codec installed to play the audio on the dvd properly--like my computer needed.

If so, is there any way to do that? I don't have my PS3 hooked to the Internet...is there a way to burn a codec to a CD or dvd and have this work? Is it another issue I'm not seeing?

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   JohnRice

Lead Actor

• 8,684 posts

Posted July 03 2009 - 04:59 AM

A little aside question.  Why did you burn it to a DL DVD?  1.7GB is only about 1/3 the capacity of a single layer DVD.  Aside from that, burning computer files and playing them back on DVD players has far too many variables to address.  You might check into a more specialized forum like videohelp.com.

The Hybrid System

The Music Part: Emotiva XSP-1, Thiel CS 3.6, Emotiva XPA-2, Marantz SA8004, Emotiva ERC-3, SVS PB-12 Plus 2

The Surround Part: Sherbourn PT-7030, Thiel SCS3, Emotiva XPA-5, Polk & Emotiva Surrounds.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users