List of Entrants and Their FINAL Scores
[WINNER in RED]
41.0 Anthony C
44.0 mike caronia
40.0 Patrick Sun*
* Ineligible for the DVD prize package (HTF moderators and significant others)
LINK TO CURRENT EXCEL SPREADSHEET HERE
(requires MS Excel or spreadsheet utility to view)
The Fate of The Final 13 (in alphabetical order)
Based on the favorable response to the "Top Ten Challenge" format that we introduced several years ago I am setting up a Top Ten Challenge for Big Brother 11. The program starts July 9, 2009) so it's time for those interested to start doing their homework. Here's a link to some source material.
For those not familiar with the format, a "Top Ten Challenge" involves entrants picking the order in which they believe that the top ten finalists of a reality program will finish once the smoke clears. The rules are spelled out below which should clarify most of this.
Here are rules (as developed for the American Idol 6 contest and refined by the HTF participants):
- Only ONE entry per member.
- List your top ten in numerical order (1-10).
- Your list must be unique. No duplicate lists allowed. For duplicate lists, first submission gets that list.
- Once you submit a list, it is FINAL. No edited lists are allowed (unless your original list is invalid due to a mistake or a duplication.)
- Scoring is as follows: You are assigned 1 point for each position that your prediction is away from the final position of each contestant. For example, if you predict a contestant to come in 3rd and he or she comes in 7th you get 4 points. If that contestant comes in 12th you get 9 points. A 2nd place finish gets you 1 point. And so forth.
- Lowest total points wins (with a score of 0 points being the best possible score.)
- In the event of a tie the contest winner will be the entrant who was the fewest spots away from picking the winner. If it's still a tie, then we'll move down the list and determine who was closest to predicting the second spot, and so on, until the tie is eventually broken.
- As in recent years a DVD prize package will be offered to an eligible entrant. (Actual prize to be announced later in order to allow for recent product). Ineligible entrants include HTF and Huddler Staff members and their significant others. They are welcome to enter, but just for bragging rights.
Entries have closed. Thank you.
Here are a couple of words of explanation regarding this particular contest and the rationale behind the setup.
- Since there are, according to the early information, 13 entrants and you are picking a top ten there will be some contestants that you will not be picking. This will not change the scoring as indicated above. You choose only ten contestants and some might not even make it to the top ten (which adds a bit more of a challenge to the contest.)
- Big Brother, as many of these reality shows, is known for its unpredictability so it is quite possible that an ousted house member might return. For example on American Idol 6 (and several times after that) two contestants were voted off the same night so instead of a "5th" and "6th" position we decided to assign two "5.5" positions for the purposes of scoring. That's why the rules clearly specify the "final" position of ouster for each contestant. It's not over until it's over, and who knows what twists this season will bring? And if there are unforeseen circumstances we will make a determination that will be fair to all entrants as much as possible. (Otherwise we will return your entry fee ).
- I realize that this is short notice regarding the start of Big Brother 11 (partially because of our introduction of HTF 2.0) but you still have time to make your selections. The format allows for a huge number of valid entrants (I hope it remains manageable) so you don't have to worry about getting your entry in quickly so that your favorable house member is at the top of your list. The only restriction is that no two lists submitted may be identical. In that case, the one with the earliest submission is accepted and the other submission must be revised by the deadline.
- Because of the unusual twist of a "mystery house guest" it would seem logical to wait until July 7, 2009 or July 9, 2009 when the person will supposedly be announced (it's unsure which date applies here) before submitting your list. If you can't wait until then to enter feel free to use "Mystery Guest" as one of your selections if you want to choose that person and want to enter prior to July 7th or 9th. I'll fill in the actual name when it becomes known.
- It so happens that I will be traveling the week of July 5th so my Internet access might be spotty at times. I intend to try to monitor things and place all entries in the usual Excel spreadsheet on schedule, but in the event that there are problems I'll sort everything out by the weekend. Remember, once you enter it's set in stone and all entries must be in by July 12, 2009 at 8:00pm EDT. NOTE: ENTRIES NOW CLOSED.
01. House guest
02. House guest
03. House guest
04. House guest
05. House guest
06. House guest
07. House guest
08. House guest
09. House guest
10. House guest
This will help me when I set up the spreadsheet to monitor the scoring.
And (if my information is accurate) it appears that no house guests share the same first name (unless there are some surprises during Week #1). Therefore I am asking that you please limit your lists to first names only as listed below. Here's an alphabetical listing of all house guests including the now announced "Mystery" guest:
Please submit your entries using the above terminology and not any nicknames that might surface during the show (especially if Howie ever shows up in the house again!)
So ladies and gents - start your engines (or fire up your DVRs). Watch the show, do your homework and get your entries in before the 07/12/09 deadline.