Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Still File:Gone with Laser Disc???

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   Peter Neski

Peter Neski

Supporting Actor

• 920 posts

Posted July 02 2009 - 05:36 AM

I really don't understand why nobody brings up the fact that,the big still file is almost a thing of the past.
The Close Encounters BR had a wonderful HD Still File even if it wasn't the whole thing,Disney does
great ones,but thats about it,Criteron have mostly   given up   this feature,and Most of these new BR's don't
include even short ones,

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   cafink

cafink

Producer

• 3,045 posts

Posted July 02 2009 - 05:49 AM

What is a "still file" ?

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   Bleddyn Williams

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor

• 979 posts

Posted July 02 2009 - 06:40 AM

I believe he means a stills gallery.  LD used to have extensive galleries and articles that you could read through page by page.  Readable articles really disappeared when DVD came in.

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   AL KUENSTER

AL KUENSTER

Second Unit

• 359 posts

Posted July 02 2009 - 11:37 AM

Recently watched the WS SE of Logan's Run on LD, quite a few stills on that one text and pictures.
regards

Al Kuenster

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   Dick

Dick

Producer

• 4,619 posts

Posted July 05 2009 - 04:29 PM

Well, this feature has indeed dwindled from the releases of most studios, but it is alive and well on the Disney Platinum releases (including Blu-ray). Perhaps the massive stills collections that have been on all previous incantations of the first two ALIEN movies as well as THE ABYSS will make it to Blu as well. When KING KONG (1933) debuts on Blu, as it certainly will (please, Warner Bros, not another ninety dollar box set), I suspect it will carry much if not all of the preproduction and production stills that have been available previously on laser and/or DVD. This stuff is still out there, you just have to look a little harder for it.

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   Peter Neski

Peter Neski

Supporting Actor

• 920 posts

Posted July 06 2009 - 05:44 AM

something I would have loved to had on the godfather BR Set,who can afford that
1000.00 book?(might be more)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users