Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Dr. Who 2009-10 on BBC America

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 of 12 OFFLINE   Garrett Adams

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor

• 931 posts

Posted June 30 2009 - 12:34 PM

I really enjoyed The Next Doctor, the first of 4/5 David Tennant episodes on BBC America Saturday night. I think the second episode will air this October and the third around the year end holidays. The final two hour episode should air in the Spring.

#2 of 12 ONLINE   Neil Middlemiss

Neil Middlemiss

Screenwriter

• 2,767 posts

Posted June 30 2009 - 12:47 PM

I watched this when I went home (to the UK) for Christmas and agree, it was really good. I'm going to miss Tennant as the Doctor, that's for sure...
"Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure Science" – Edwin Hubble
My DVD Collection

#3 of 12 OFFLINE   Bob_S.

Bob_S.

Supporting Actor

• 635 posts

Posted July 01 2009 - 01:52 AM

I don't have cable so I'm catching up on Dr. Who season 3 on Netflix. David is my favorite Dr. so far, I hate to see him go. I just watched "Blink" and thought it was one of the best episodes so far. I also liked the 2 episodes before that when he becomes human. This is some of the best television I've seen in a while, imo.

#4 of 12 OFFLINE   Jeffery_H

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor

• 769 posts

Posted July 03 2009 - 03:56 AM

Does anyone know if they will repeat this episode? I did not see this advertised so I missed the special.

#5 of 12 OFFLINE   ChadMcCallum

ChadMcCallum

Second Unit

• 438 posts

Posted July 05 2009 - 04:41 AM

There's no repeat of The Next Doctor scheduled yet. The next new episode "Planet of the Dead" will premiere on BBC America on July 26 at 8PM and 11PM and 2AM EDT/5PM and 8PM and 11PM PDT and in Canada on Space a day earlier, July 25th at 9PM EDT/6PM PDT. The following episode "The Waters of Mars" is expected to air sometime in the fall in the UK and the final two should be airing on Christmas and somewhere near New Years.

You might also like to know that the new 5 episode series of Torchwood, subtitled "Children of Earth" which airs in North America on July 20th at 9PM EDT on BBC America and 10PM EDT on Space for us Canadians and will wrap up in the 24th.

#6 of 12 OFFLINE   Shawn Shultzaberger

Shawn Shultzaberger

Supporting Actor

• 708 posts

Posted December 28 2009 - 04:51 AM

Ok, The "Waters of Mars" episode was good.  But, this last new episode "The End of Time part 1" was fantastic. I really like the guy who plays "The Master".  He's off-the-charts insane in this new episode.

"A human being is part of the whole called by us the Universe. We experience ourselves, our thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest --a kind of optical delusion of consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection...

#7 of 12 ONLINE   Neil Middlemiss

Neil Middlemiss

Screenwriter

• 2,767 posts

Posted January 03 2010 - 11:48 AM

The two-part 'End of Time' was very well done. The second part really resonated emotionally and I think that David Tennant gave his very best performance. I am going to miss his Doctor, but am interested to see where Matt Smith takes the time lord. I see the 2009/10 Dr. Who specials will be released on Blu-ray (except Planet of the Dead which is already available) - I look forward to owning and rewatching the specials, if only to re-enjoy Tennants final turns as (the best ever, in my opinion) Doctor.
"Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure Science" – Edwin Hubble
My DVD Collection

#8 of 12 OFFLINE   Kevin Hewell

Kevin Hewell

Screenwriter

• 1,978 posts

Posted January 03 2010 - 11:57 AM

I think he was the best ever Doctor as well with Eggleston following close behind.

#9 of 12 OFFLINE   RickER

RickER

Producer

• 5,130 posts
  • LocationTulsa, Oklahoma

Posted January 03 2010 - 01:16 PM

If only Tome Baker could of had these production values!

The 4th Doctor is still my favorite. But i really enjoyed Tennant. I will miss him.

#10 of 12 OFFLINE   Kevin Hewell

Kevin Hewell

Screenwriter

• 1,978 posts

Posted January 03 2010 - 02:10 PM

Do you mean Tom Baker?

#11 of 12 OFFLINE   Shawn Shultzaberger

Shawn Shultzaberger

Supporting Actor

• 708 posts

Posted January 04 2010 - 02:03 PM

I absolutely loved Part 2.  What a great ending for Tennant.

"A human being is part of the whole called by us the Universe. We experience ourselves, our thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest --a kind of optical delusion of consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection...

#12 of 12 OFFLINE   KevinGress

KevinGress

Supporting Actor

• 653 posts

Posted January 06 2010 - 05:45 AM

While I liked the last several minutes, especially his last words - "I don't want to go!" I was a little let down with The End of Time.  It just seemed sloppily put together.  

I'll miss David Tennant (as I've missed each actor playing the Doctor) - he did a superb job.  I look forward to seeing where Matt Smith goes with him.