What's new

Optimal Settings for PS3 and Panasonic G10 (1 Viewer)

Natai

Auditioning
Real Name
Sean
After owning a Ilo (Walmart) brand HDTV for a few years, my wife and I just bought a Panasonic TC-P50G10. We're using our PS3 for Blu-Ray and DVD.

I've been reading up on HDMI cables, x.v.color, Deep Color, etc. and it seems our new TV and probably the PS3 support a considerable number of the newer features out there. Now I'm trying to figure out how to actually use these features and make the most out of what we've got.

What settings need to be turned on or off on the PS3 and G10 to get the best possible picture? I know that can be a relative term, but I'm mainly referring to having the most features, range of colors, contrast etc. enabled. I also realize that in some cases it may just require me to try a setting both ways and see which works best.

I've read that RGB Full and Superwhite should be turned on for the PS3, but I'm not sure about any other PS3 settings.

Most of the features are not available to be switched on or off on the G10 if it is in THX mode. Does this mean those features are not implemented in THX or that they are adjusted automatically. We will have our TV calibrated in the next couple of months (by Best Buy/Magnolia), so is the THX mode even useful to us? If THX is not on, what are the recomended settings for the G10 in this setup?

I would appreciate any recommendations for this setup, and would also appreciate explanations for why those settings should work best.

Finally, is there anything I can watch on this setup that will actually use some of these features, like x.v.color or Deep Color?

Thanks in advance.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The Display Devices section is a much better choice for this question. There are professional calibrators that hang out there. Not those Best Buy Geeks either.

-Robert

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks