Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

help me understand

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   loomisx6

loomisx6

Auditioning

• 13 posts

Posted June 22 2009 - 08:29 PM

just recieved a thx demo disc i purchased on ebay noticed as soon as i opened it that it was a copy and was not concerned as long as it was of decent quaulity and it is for what i paid for it.but heres the thing thats realy ticking me off .it will not play in my blu ray player you put it in it says reading disc for about 2 minutes drawer opens says incompatible disc. it play s in my computer fine and my brothers blu ray fine and he has some cheap off brand player and i have a 300 dollar sharp aqua player i am discusted with this situation please help me understand why this is ......thanks

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   Stephen_J_H

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie

• 4,212 posts
  • LocationNorth of the 49th

Posted June 23 2009 - 03:31 AM

When you say it is a copy, do you mean a burned disc? Is it DVD or BD format? The best place to start is to read your owner's manual and determine what formats your player will read. If the disc is in one of the formats your player cannot read, you have your answer. If it isn't, you may want to determine whether the eBay seller has a return policy. Some do; some don't. Good luck.
"My opinion is that (a) anyone who actually works in a video store and does not understand letterboxing has given up on life, and (b) any customer who prefers to have the sides of a movie hacked off should not be licensed to operate a video player."-- Roger Ebert

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users