Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

What is my Sony rear projection TV worth?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   DesertRat

DesertRat

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted June 22 2009 - 12:02 PM

I just purchased a new LCD 1080P TV and am looking to sell my 51" Sony HD rear projection TV (KP-51WS500). The Sony is 7 years old, capable of 1080i and is in good condition...no problems with the picture or physical damage. I have the manual, remotes, and cables. It has i DVI digital connector but no HDMI.

I want to sell it quickly this weekend at a garage sale and have no idea how much to ask for it. I paid 2K 7 years ago but want to make sure it sells quickly. I will be able to show off the TV with HD cable programming inside of my house.

Any help would be appreciated. I am hoping to get at least $250-300 but let me know if my target is too high/low.

Thanks

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Michael TLV

Michael TLV

Screenwriter

• 2,909 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted June 22 2009 - 02:33 PM

Greetings

That's about right ... although a TV like that is just a year or two away from convergence board failures that will cost $400 or more to fix ... and no spare parts available anymore.

Regards
Michael @ The Laser Video Experience
THX Video Systems Instructor/ISF Instructor
Lion A/V Consultants Network - TLVEXP.com

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   DesertRat

DesertRat

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted June 22 2009 - 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael TLV
Greetings

That's about right ... although a TV like that is just a year or two away from convergence board failures that will cost $400 or more to fix ... and no spare parts available anymore.

Regards

Thank you for the help...I appreciate your input.

Mark

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Jason Charlton

Jason Charlton

Screenwriter

• 2,981 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted June 23 2009 - 02:21 AM

I concur with Michael. For reference, about 18 months ago, I sold my Sony KP-57WV700 set via craigslist and got $500 for it. I would think you could ask $300 and just be prepared to come down a little. I'm of the school that getting SOMETHING for it (and getting it out of the house), is better than hanging on to it for months trying to get an extra $50 or $100. Good luck with the sell.

Are you new to the Home Theater Forum? Stop by the New Member Introductions area and introduce yourself! See you there!