Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

SPHE Press Release: Rescue Me: Season Five Volume One

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,611 posts

Posted June 22 2009 - 07:07 AM

“... you feel as though you are in the backseat, hanging on for dear life, happily.”
– Ken Tucker, Entertainment Weekly

“…this show is on fire right now.”
- People Magazine

RESCUE ME:
SEASON FIVE VOLUME ONE

Top-Rated Series Stars Denis Leary

Available September 1 in a Three-Disc DVD Set with
Blooper Reels, Deleted Scenes, and Featurettes

CULVER CITY, CALIF. (June 22, 2009) – Sony Pictures Home Entertainment debuts Rescue Me: Season Five, Volume One on DVD on September 1 in a three-disc set. The long-running, critically-acclaimed series from Sony Pictures Television for FX about post 9/11 New York City firefighters stars three-time Emmy® and two-time Golden Globe nominee® Denis Leary and features guests stars Michael J. Fox (TV’s “Spin City”) and Gina Gershon (P.S. I Love You). The three-disc set contains the first 11 episodes of the fifth season along with exclusive bonus features, including a blooper reel, deleted scenes, featurettes with the cast and producers. Rescue Me: Season Five, Volume One will be available on DVD for $49.95 SLP.

At the start of the fifth season, Tommy finds his relationships in his personal life slipping, but his grasp on sobriety seems firm and his dedication to his job unswerving. Life is turned upside down when a French reporter brings her international perspective and a collection of 9/11 footage to the firehouse. The men of 62 Truck begin to deal with the stress of the situation it different ways. As for Tommy, it seems nothing can keep him away from the bottle as he’s pushed to the limit when, among other things, he breaks up with Valerie (Gershon), begins seeing Sheila again, and Janet begins dating a new man (Fox).

Created by Leary and two-time EmmyâAward-winning writer-producer Peter Tolan (TV’s “The Larry Sanders Show,” “Murphy Brown”), who serve as executive producers along with Jim Serpico, Rescue Me skillfully finds humor in everyday life while never shying away from the emotional tragedies that affect the characters. In addition to Leary, Season 5 stars Adam Ferrara, Michael Lombardi, Steven Pasquale, Andrea Roth, John Scurti, Daniel Sunjata, and Callie Thorne. Rescue Me is produced by Apostle, The Cloudland Company and DreamWorks Television in association with Sony Pictures Television.

Past seasons of the critically-acclaimed Rescue Me have been nominated for four Emmy Awards, including Outstanding Writing and Directing; it was also honored with the Producers Guild of America’s 2005 Visionary Award and nominated for six Satellite Awards (winning for Best Ensemble: Television in 2005).

Rescue Me: Season Five, Volume One episodes include:

Baptism
French
Wine
Jimmy
Sheila
Perspective
Play
Iceman
Thaw
Control
Mickey

DVD Special Features Include:
Featurette: Walking Through Fire: Surviving Season Five
Featurette: Danny Does Danger: The Stunts of Rescue Me
Seven Deleted Scenes
Gag Reel
Widescreen Presentations
Audio: English 5.1 (Dolby Digital)
Bonus Previews
Closed Captioned

Broadcast Year: 2009 (FX)
Rescue Me: Season Five Volume One has a run time of approximately 451 minutes and is not rated. Artwork and digital clips are available for downloading at Welcome to SPHE Connect. Visit Sony Pictures Home Entertainment on the Web at Sony Pictures.

DVD Catalog # 32881
UPC Code: 0-43396-32881-5
Order Date: 7/30/09
SLP: $49.95

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations