What's new

Lord of the Rings Trilogy Blu Ray set for release November 3rd (1 Viewer)

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
Blu-ray.com - Lord of the Rings BD Trilogy for November

At last we now have a release date

htf_images_smilies_drum.gif

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S

The general thinking is that they'll hit with the theatrical/DVD/Blu-ray release of The Hobbit.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Would be nice if they also provide some more definitive statement about when the EE version (or better yet, an improved EE version) would come out too by the time this set arrives.

_Man_

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
That's a good point considering they did give notice when the theatrical DVDs were released. But given that New Line Home Home Entertainment is now under new stewardship I'm not going to hold out too much hope.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
I heard rumors that peter jackson will be at comic con.. so maybe a lucky fan will be able to ask him.

Jacob

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Judging from the description at WBshop.com it sounds like this will be a 7 disc set. 1 for each movie. Digital copies of each movie. And then a bonus disc featuring the relevant material from the three original 2-disc theatrical releases. No word on the technical specs yet.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
:laugh: Yet, I took the liberty of changing it.
Helps with later searches....

Cees

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

It'll require some self-restraint and discipline. But that'll be my plan of attack, too.

I understand about "future searches" and all...but I LIKED the original title, too! :D

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
At a $70 street price, it will be easier for me to pass on this release and wait for the Extended Editions. The price needs to drop quite a lot to consider a purchase. I will plan on renting these instead.

Shane D

Supporting Actor
i wish this digital copy thing would die. i dont want upcharges on sets for something like that.

PattyFraser

Second Unit
I am in a quandary here. I had every intention of passing on the purchase of this set but renting it and waiting for the EE, as many are doing. But I really want the special features this set is advertising if they are also in high def. i particularly liked the "Quest for the Ring", and, huge fan though I may be I believe I actually have not seen a couple of these. I might want to have them, too.
I guess my big question would be, what is the possibility of the "mega set" that Jackson has talked about for the EE in blu to actually include EVERYTHING concerning these movies, including these features again? I know they didn't do that with the SD--you had to buy both to get all the special features. But it wasn't called the "mega-set". I've no need for digital copies, and I would hate to buy the theatrical ( as someone on Amazon said "abridged") versions of this movie just for the features. That's just too much cash on limited incomes. Wonder if the Costa Bates documentaries will be on the mega set too. (rhetorical question--unless someone's actually read something....?)

No. I can't do it. Money is tight, but MUST have the complete scenes of hobbits in Hobbiton and the gift-giving scene and some glimpses of the Houses of Healing. The tale is just incomplete without that.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Obviously I don't know for sure but at $100 MSRP for these three movies, it doesn't seem like they're charging more for the digital copies. If they were available separately and had no digital copy, I can't imagine that they'd only be charging $30 MSRP for each one when it's probably the crown jewel of the New Line catalog and a guaranteed seller.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks