Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

New Bond Film: Skyfall

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
383 replies to this topic

#381 of 384 ONLINE   Nelson Au

Nelson Au

Executive Producer

• 11,535 posts

Posted December 13 2012 - 08:08 AM

I warmed up to QoS a little more when I was auditioning new plasma TVs to replace my dying one and they demoed the car chase at the beginning of the movie on a 70" Elite LCD display. It looked great! I got to know that chase well on several sets. Seeing that and the foot chase through Palio di Siena was also impressive in high definition and on a large screen. QoS has some moments. I didn't like that M was always going out to where Bond is to keep her leash tight on him. I didn't feel at the end that the Quantum organization was fully defeated. I expected to see them around in future films as the replacement for SPECTRE. I expected they might have been around for Skyfall.

#382 of 384 OFFLINE   schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 14,448 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted December 13 2012 - 08:22 AM

I think Quantum being "left alone" for Skyfall was a good idea... Afterall you can't get rid of a groups "money gatherer" and expect them to just come up with another one right away. I do expect another Quantum-ness in another movie. I just wonder, with the time between the movies, how many Craig actually has left. Moore/Brosnan/Connery never went this long.

#383 of 384 OFFLINE   Tommy R

Tommy R

Stunt Coordinator

• 154 posts

Posted December 13 2012 - 02:30 PM

My only issues with QoS are the overly aggressive shaky cam tactic and the lightening fast edits. I thought the action scenes were a mess. I could not focus on who was doing what with all the camera motion in every possible direction. Add that to the editing of shots only lasting the blink of an eye...it's exhausting.

That's how I feel. I very much like the type of movie they were going for story-wise, but shacky-cam and bad editing makes it flawed, which is a shame since it could've been very good. As good as it could've been though, I still thnk CR and SF would've still been better.

#384 of 384 OFFLINE   BlackOps

BlackOps

Agent

• 32 posts

Posted December 13 2012 - 02:52 PM

My only issues with QoS are the overly aggressive shaky cam tactic and the lightening fast edits. I thought the action scenes were a mess. I could not focus on who was doing what with all the camera motion in every possible direction. Add that to the editing of shots only lasting the blink of an eye...it's exhausting.

That's how I feel. I very much like the type of movie they were going for story-wise, but shacky-cam and bad editing makes it flawed, which is a shame since it could've been very good. As good as it could've been though, I still thnk CR and SF would've still been better.

I was very happy when they announced the director for Skyfall. I love his work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users