Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

My new Pioneer Elite SC-05 review

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 of 15 OFFLINE   Dave Moritz

Dave Moritz

Producer

• 3,594 posts
  • LocationWhittier, California

Posted July 03 2012 - 08:33 PM

Posted Image
My Pioneer Elite SC05 7.1 Receiver

Posted Image

Posted Image

So far everything is great with my SC05. The only thing I am not crazy about is playing MP3's through it! I could hook up a Ethernet cable to stream music from my pc but I am debating if I am going to do this or not?

Supporter of 1080p & 4K/UHD video (257 Blu-ray Titles)/ Supporter of Lossless PCM, Dolby True HD and DTS HD Master Audio / Say No To MP3 & WMA / Say no to Bose

#2 of 15 OFFLINE   Dave Moritz

Dave Moritz

Producer

• 3,594 posts

Posted July 07 2012 - 08:52 PM

I picked up the Polk Audio PSW Series PSW505 12" Powered Subwoofer for $249 new

Supporter of 1080p & 4K/UHD video (257 Blu-ray Titles)/ Supporter of Lossless PCM, Dolby True HD and DTS HD Master Audio / Say No To MP3 & WMA / Say no to Bose

#3 of 15 OFFLINE   Dave Moritz

Dave Moritz

Producer

• 3,594 posts

Posted July 22 2012 - 04:17 PM

Has anyone had issues playing music off a usb flash drive on the SC-05? I have played music on 3-4 different occasions and now after I deleted music from the drive and placed different music on it. I can not get the music to play doing the same thing I have done before. I do not even see USB selection that I can swear I saw before, this is slightly frustrating! Is it possible I deleted a necessary file on the usb drive even though only music was highlighted and deleted?

#4 of 15 OFFLINE   Dave Moritz

Dave Moritz

Producer

• 3,594 posts

Posted August 20 2012 - 07:12 PM

Problem solved about 4 days after I posted. Funny how simple it was, basically formating the flash drive did the trick. :rolleyes:

#5 of 15 OFFLINE   Dave Moritz

Dave Moritz

Producer

• 3,594 posts

Posted August 20 2012 - 07:17 PM

So far I am very happy with my Pioneer Elite SC-05 receiver and am looking forward to upgrading my center channel and rear channel speakers in the near future. Both music and movies sound great and it is just a shame that high resolution music never took off and that the average consumer has trapped us into freakin MP'3s for now!

#6 of 15 OFFLINE   gene c

gene c

Producer

• 5,787 posts
  • LocationBay area, Ca

Posted August 21 2012 - 01:14 PM

Glad to hear you're happy with the 05 Dave. I went to the california Audio Show in S.S.F. a few weeks ago and stumbled accross Burwell and Sons speakers. They had one of the best sounding speakers I heard while I was there. Paterned after the old AR horn speakers like the ones you have they were pretty remarkable. The Horns were hand-made from Walnut. http://www.burwellsp....com/#!products Maybe they can be of some help with your center channel. Probably mucho $$$ though.

Last Saturday I sold my set of Revel Concerto's and the guy who bought them used music off his phone to audition them. I never heard such nice speakers sound so bad. If he had let me play some of my DVD-Audio discs I probably could have charged more for the speakers because they would have sounded so much better. Oh well.
"Everyday room": Panasonic 58" Plasma, Dish HD DVR, Pioneer Elite vsx-23, BDP-23 BR, dv58avi universal dvd player, Paradigm Studio 20 V1, CC-450, Dayton HSU-10 subwoofer.

"Movie/Music room": Toshiba 65" DLP, Dish HD receiver, Marantz 7005, CC-4003, BD-7006, Polk LSI25's-LSi7's-LSiC, 2 original Dayton 10" "Mighty-Mites" subwoofers. (subject to change without notice).

Also have  MB Quart Vera VS05 +.....too much to list. Help me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users