Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Warner's BD-Live offers downloading alternative to streaming video

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 Nicholas Martin

Nicholas Martin

Screenwriter

• 2,683 posts

Posted June 11 2009 - 07:00 PM

Popped in "The Dark Knight" tonight to see if any new extra content had been added, and there's a new bonus:

Turns out Warner has added a "WB Media Manager" feature, which allows the user to download the videos to the player's hard drive (if applicable, of course) in addition to simply streaming the video. This might be an alternative created because of the constant buffering problems with the streaming.

I downloaded the three behind-the-scenes featurettes (two on the score, the other on the sounds of the BatPod) and they play without being a small window on the screen like before. They now fill it like a regular video would.

#2 of 6 IshantNidhi

IshantNidhi

Auditioning

• 11 posts

Posted June 11 2009 - 07:47 PM

Popped in The Dark Knight tonight to see if any new

#3 of 6 pitchman

pitchman

Screenwriter

• 1,828 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MO

Posted June 11 2009 - 11:51 PM

This is certainly welcome news! I hate the way BD-Live was implemented on Warner discs prior to this. I always felt like I was watching a poor quality, stuttering YouTube video in a small window on a HD display. I reached the point where I no longer accessed BD-Live content at all on Warner discs. Thanks for the "heads-up." I'll have to check it out.
Gary

#4 of 6 Nicholas Martin

Nicholas Martin

Screenwriter

• 2,683 posts

Posted June 12 2009 - 04:08 AM

I don't know about stand-alone players, but the PS3 stores the downloaded content in its BD Data Utility, under "Shared Cache Data".

You can't do anything with it other than find out the file information or delete it, just like other downloadable content from Sony's BD-Live or others.

#5 of 6 Jonathon M

Jonathon M

Stunt Coordinator

• 217 posts

Posted June 12 2009 - 05:15 AM

Nicholas,

I haven't seen the "Media Manager" option in the TDK BD-live menu. Can you more specifically describe where it is/how to use it?

EDIT: I just reloaded the disc, and it's now there!

#6 of 6 ATimson

ATimson

Second Unit

• 398 posts

Posted June 12 2009 - 06:34 AM

Ah, good. Hopefully they've managed to fix their stuff so that I can actually register now.
"Niceness is the greatest human flaw, except for all the others."
--Brendan Moody

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users