Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

jazz at its finest!

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   jazzlovr1990

jazzlovr1990

Auditioning

• 12 posts

Posted June 11 2009 - 06:36 AM

Has anyone seen Diana Krall's new dvd "Live in Rio"? its amazing I’m a huge Diana Krall and I can say this dvd made me a bigger fan! It give you a closer look at Diana as a person and her music mixed with the vibe in Brazil is amazing! http://bit.ly/DianaKrallEPK

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Philip Hamm

Philip Hamm

Lead Actor

• 6,885 posts

Posted June 11 2009 - 08:34 AM

I thought this thread was going to be about "Giant Steps" or "Kind Of Blue". I just picked up Sonny Rollins' "Volume 2" on LP and I love it.
Philip Hamm
Moderator Emeritus

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 32,532 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted June 11 2009 - 03:07 PM

Jessica: Check out my mini-review I posted in this thread of the Blu-ray disc of the concert. The blu-ray has some tracks that the DVD apparently does not (rooftop sessions).

Since you are such a big Krall fan (as am I) I will have to check out your recommendation in your other thread of Melody Gardot. I am unfamiliar with her work.

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Jeff Gatie

Jeff Gatie

Lead Actor

• 6,531 posts

Posted June 11 2009 - 03:19 PM

Discovered Melody Gardot the other day on Sirius' Watercolors jazz channel and immediately bought her two albums. She's amazing. Just her voice is enough for me, but her story is truly inspirational. She was almost killed by a car while riding her bike when she was 19, and turned to music therapy to help in her recovery. She's still partially disabled; she wears an electro-stimulator to relieve intense spinal pain, is hyper sensitive to light (she always wears shades) and walks with a cane, but her music gets her through it. But even without this backstory, her songs, and the way she delivers them are inspiring in themselves. I can't get Who Will Comfort Me from My One and Only Thrill out of my head.

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 32,532 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted June 11 2009 - 05:12 PM

Cool, Jeff. Thanks!

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users