What's new

New Star Trek TOS sets, TNG films and Star Trek 2009 rumoured dates (1 Viewer)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Trekmovie reports today some news for upcoming and unofficial releases. This info is quoted from Bill Hunt's site.

The TOS Season 2 set are slated for September 22nd. Damn, far longer a gap then I expected!

The JJ Abrams Star Trek is slated for November/December. Another source suggests October. That's some 5 to 6 months from the theatrical release date. Seems longer then most films these days where some go to DVD abd BD in 3 months.

The TNG films on Blu ray with new commentaries and special features will also be coming out in November/December.

For the full details on the report, here's a link to Trekmovie's site.
Possible Dates For Star Trek DVD and Blu-ray Releases For Fall 2009 | TrekMovie.com

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

It makes sense to get the movie out in the fall, though, so it's primed for big Christmas sales. August is a wasteland, and September's not much better - they tend to hold the big summer titles for October-December home video release...

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
You're right Colin. Paramount knows they have a big movie on their hands so it makes sense to releases it on BD and DVD for the holiday season.

Additional news I missed is that the 6 TOS films will be issued as separate discs for those who want to cherry pick their favorite Trek films.

And then that "other" unofficial Star Trek movie, Galaxy Quest is due on BD September 22.

Camper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David Dennis
Generations. insurection & Nemesis all have deleted scenes on the DVDs---so we'll surely get those, but i wish they'd dig up a few for First Contact. There's not a lot but a few things were cut. Most notably Worf trying to stop picard from taking part on the assault on engineering.

Dan Keliikoa

Stunt Coordinator
Thank you for the update, Nelson! Fall's kinda loaded, innit?

It's going to be interesting to see how TNG represents on BD.

Most of all, I am looking forward to TOS Season 2 on BD!

Dan Keliikoa

Stunt Coordinator
Also, thanks once again to you Nelson, and all the 'usual suspects' in the Trek thread for the info on the episodes/disc listing...that REALLY helps!!! I didn't bother to ever remove the promo flyers for all things Trek in the sleeve; these were covering up the episode listings. lol

TOS 2 is my favorite season!
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif
TOS 1 has been an absolute pleasure to watch, familiar and almost new to me all over again thanks to the clarity and the nifty new FX that update it so well.

Dan Keliikoa

Stunt Coordinator

I'm with Paul except that I like the new Trek film. But yeah, give me "Generations" and "First Contact", and the ever-excellent "Galaxy Quest"!

I just re-watched "Generations" again two nights ago, and have come to the conclusion that, to ME, it's really good Trek.

Paul_Warren

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Paul
Generations looks pretty good on BD. Never disliked the movie that much except for the way they handled killing someone!! Lot to like about it, the opening titles & music, the 3 TOS crew on Enterprise-B were terrific. At the cinema this movie sounded incredible as it was back in the day before they started to limit SPL on Digital soundtracks. Got these 2 images from the Bonus captains BD:
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htf/...5-post697.html

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Me too. It was terrific, one of the best TREKS, and should make an excellent bluray!
:emoji_thumbsup:

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
I got the movie set 1-6. I probably wait to see the season sets when they are all on bluray. I have the dvd sets of the original versions.

I did like the new movie. I doubt that I would get the 7-10.
I already have them on dvd.

Jacob

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB

What a coincidence! I too re-watched it two nights ago, and I totally enjoyed it.... always have, actually.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Excellent. I love Star Trek and this is an affectionate (and well-done) parody of ST.

Doug Otte

Supporting Actor

Paul, did you mean to write "DVD"? If not, how do you know what the BD looks like?
Thanks,
Doug

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

And that makes the fanboy in me jump for joy. GQ was such an excellent movie I can't wait to revisit it. :D

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino

He doesnt. I assume he is basing that comment on the 1-2 second shots shown on the Captains Summit BD included with the theatrical TREK set as per his link.

We can only hope it will look good. Saying it looks good based on the above is premature imo.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Btw, since no one else will say it, I will.

I really liked NEMESIS!:D

Can't wait for the bluray.:emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks