Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Anyone else having problems with A Bug's Life on the PS3?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   Scott_J

Scott_J

Screenwriter

• 2,635 posts

Posted June 07 2009 - 08:17 AM

I bought the Bug's Life Blu-ray last Sunday at Toys "R" Us and got around to watching it last night. It froze around the 32:00 mark. I took it out to try to check it/clean it and put it back in and it wouldn't play at all. I eventually got a "This is an invalid disc" message. So I exchanged it today for another one. I watched it this afternoon, starting from where I left off in the movie last night. It was working fine, then at about the 1:23:00 mark, it froze and did the same thing as last night. I ended up popping my SD DVD of the film into the PS3 so I could watch the end since I'd never seen it before. I'm using a PS3 with the lastest firmware on it. With both discs, after having the problems in the PS3 I tried them on my laptop's BD-Rom drive (with PowerDVD DX 8.1 software) and neither disc would play at all in the drive. Anyone else having a problem with the disc on the PS3 (or any other player for that matter)? I haven't read any complaints about it so it doesn't seem to be a widespread thing. I'm wondering if the store got a bad batch (although the first copy had the Up ticket code inside, the second didn't so I don't know if they're from the same batch). I'm going out of state next weekend so I'll try exchanging it at another TRU to see if I have better luck with a disc there.

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 12,032 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted June 07 2009 - 08:29 AM

I used a PS3 to review it, and mine had no trouble with the disc at all.

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   Bleddyn Williams

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor

• 977 posts

Posted June 07 2009 - 08:44 AM

I literally finished watching this about 15 minutes ago on my 40GB PS3. No problems whatsoever.

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,673 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted June 07 2009 - 09:06 AM

I'm using a Samsung standalone and it worked fine for me.

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield

Executive Producer

• 10,780 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted June 07 2009 - 11:50 AM

Worked fine on my Sony BDP-S350.

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   Robert G

Robert G

Stunt Coordinator

• 192 posts

Posted June 07 2009 - 03:25 PM

I originally played ABL in my PS3 with older firmware (2.5?) and my wife played it with my daughter tonight with the latest firmware. Both times it played fine.