Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Is this cable any good? Monster Home Series

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Johnny225

Johnny225

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted June 07 2009 - 05:58 AM

Hi Everyone,
I just picked up this cable from homedepot:

Monster Speaker Cable 50 Ft. - 130352 at The Home Depot

and was wondering if it was asny good. As far as I can tell, home depot is the only place it's sold, and there's no infor on it anywhere online. The wire is 10 gauge and cost only $25 for 50 feet. I was shocked to find monster at such a cheap price. If anyone has any info or thoughts on this, please chime in.

Thanks,
John

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   David Willow

David Willow

Babbling Idiot

• 2,229 posts
  • LocationMechanicsburg, PA

Posted June 07 2009 - 08:44 AM

Sure it is good, but it is still over priced. 50 feet of quality cable at Monoprice.com is about $10.

I’m training to run a marathon for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, to raise life-saving funds to help those fighting blood cancers. Please help! See details and donation link here.

Dolby and DTS Plaques (downloads)
Audyssey Setup Guide

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   MaxL

MaxL

Supporting Actor

• 503 posts

Posted June 07 2009 - 12:55 PM

2nd the overpriced and add one most likely unnecessary. monster is generally overpriced for what it is. even at that price you could find many alternatives that would sound just as good for less. the unnecessary part is the 10 gauge. unless you're using the whole 50ft for one run (and even then), it is highly unlikely that the 10 gauge will give you any audible benefit over a 14 gauge cable. parts express also has good cheap speaker cable. but don't fret. i'm sure the cable will do what it needs to and sound fine. i wouldn't return it or anything...
HT: Marantz SR8000, PSB Alpha B fronts, Alpha C center, CSW Newton S200 surrounds, Martin Logan Dynamo Sub, Marantz DVD, Sony CRT TV

Stereos include vintage Sony receivers/amps into vintage AR and KEF speakers.

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Jeff Gatie

Jeff Gatie

Lead Actor

• 6,531 posts

Posted June 08 2009 - 12:36 AM

10 gauge is going to be difficult in speaker posts or banana plugs because it could be too thick. Plus it's overkill. And it's Monster, which is most certainly overpriced.

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Raymond lee Leggs

Raymond lee Leggs

Stunt Coordinator

• 165 posts

Posted June 09 2009 - 09:11 AM

There is no such thing as overkill. Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users