-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
Blu-ray Reviews

HTF BLU-RAY REVIEW: The Seventh Seal

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
24 replies to this topic

#21 of 25 johnSM

johnSM

Second Unit

• 426 posts

Posted September 26 2010 - 09:16 AM

Sorry for ruffling any feathers here Michael, but I can only 'judge' by the particular threads I've actually read on here... Perhaps it's because the films I am most interested in appear to be the one's likely to garner the most attention from all concerned so are liable to be given the 'critical eye' more so than other releases...

At any rate I did not mean to cause any offence here, and I apologise if I did.

- John

#22 of 25 Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben

Studio Mogul

• 21,769 posts

Posted September 26 2010 - 10:13 AM

I don't mean to single you out, John, which is why I quoted several people (and I just added another quotation). If people want to disagree with 24fpssean, then by all means they should do so (within the rules, of course). But to generalize that disagreement into a dismissal of all or most of the forum's membership is uncalled-for.

COMPLETE list of my disc reviews.       HTF Rules / 200920102011 Film Lists

#23 of 25 Guest__*

Guest__*

Posted September 26 2010 - 10:32 AM

Gladiator's title card WAS changed for dvd. I remember the original. The letters slowly turned into a stone font, much like the lettering on the poster art.

#24 of 25 JohnMor

JohnMor

Producer

• 3,170 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted September 27 2010 - 03:19 AM

I understand your point Michael, but my statement was not related only to this thread, but to myriad others over the years.  The kind of nitpicking negativity that maintains all positive aspects of a release are negated or erased if there are flaws of any kind.  NOTHING touched by human hands will ever be perfect, but to read some of the threads here, you'd believe many posters believe it can and should.   And I said many, not most.  I agree with you about the majority of HTF'ers.

#25 of 25 Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben

Studio Mogul

• 21,769 posts

Posted September 27 2010 - 03:38 AM

Originally Posted by johnSM 

. . . but I can only 'judge' by the particular threads I've actually read on here... Perhaps it's because the films I am most interested in appear to be the one's likely to garner the most attention from all concerned so are liable to be given the 'critical eye' more so than other releases...

Originally Posted by JohnMor 

I understand your point Michael, but my statement was not related only to this thread, but to myriad others over the years.  The kind of nitpicking negativity that maintains all positive aspects of a release are negated or erased if there are flaws of any kind.  NOTHING touched by human hands will ever be perfect, but to read some of the threads here, you'd believe many posters believe it can and should.   And I said many, not most.  I agree with you about the majority of HTF'ers.

I accept the correction, but "many" still sounds like a lot. In this thread, it was precisely one -- followed by "many" who disagreed.

By your own admission, your reading is confined to specific threads. Maybe if you read a little more broadly, your perception would be different. Just sticking with the review theme (since this is a review thread), I've read hundreds of disc reviews here (and have written more than a few) in which both the positive and the negative aspects of a release are noted and appropriately balanced. I could easily supply examples.

COMPLETE list of my disc reviews.       HTF Rules / 200920102011 Film Lists