Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Surrogates - starring Bruce Willis

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 of 22 Shawn Shultzaberger

Shawn Shultzaberger

Supporting Actor

• 708 posts

Posted June 04 2009 - 08:26 AM

Apple - Trailers - Surrogates

Sweet! Looks good.
"A human being is part of the whole called by us the Universe. We experience ourselves, our thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest --a kind of optical delusion of consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection...

#2 of 22 mattCR

mattCR

Lead Actor

• 9,996 posts
  • LocationOverland Park, KS

Posted June 04 2009 - 11:56 AM

Yeah, I watched the trailer a few weeks ago on Dave's page, and thought it looked interesting; but it also seemed a little bit like a Richard K Morgan piece just dumbed down some. I'm interested to see where it goes.

trakt.tv

Ask Me about HTPC! (Threads in HTPC / PMs always responded to)

This signature is povided by MediaBrowser 3 Trakt Plugin: Media Browser 3

#3 of 22 Dennis Castro

Dennis Castro

Second Unit

• 291 posts

Posted June 05 2009 - 01:56 AM

I can't wait to see this. Some of this was filmed about two blocks from were I live in Lynn MA last summer. Every morning waiting for the commuter rail I could see crew people blocking off the streets and stuff. Also when coming home we could see choppers with cameras circling over head over the downtown Lynn area.

There was also an empty lot that they were using. It had a pile of junk and debris, also a burned out hulk of an MBTA bus and a car.I had also heard that they used the inside of one of the buildings downtown as well. It will be interesting to see how much of downtown Lynn will be recognizable after all the graphics and FX are added

I believe some of this was filmed in Worcester MA as well.
S&S flims seen: 33

Most Recent:
Solaris/****
Blade Runner/***The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly/****

#4 of 22 Sam Favate

Sam Favate

Producer

• 4,739 posts

Posted June 05 2009 - 04:26 AM

Looks interesting, although it seems like a big budget picture to be releasing at the end of September, but whatever, it looks cool. Glad it seems to avoid Blade Runner cliches, and of course, Willis is always fun to watch.

#5 of 22 Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver

Lead Actor

• 9,306 posts

Posted June 05 2009 - 05:30 AM

It was also a pretty darn good comic (which has a prequel coming out this summer), and although I'm tickled that this kind of movie was made in the Boston area, the original comic was set in Atlanta (or "Central Georgia Metropolis"), and I wonder where they're going to say the movie takes place.
Jay's Movie Blog - A movie-viewing diary.
Transplanted Life: Sci-fi soap opera about a man placed in a new body, updated two or three times a week.
Trading Post Inn - Another gender-bending soap, with different collaborators writing different points of view.

"What? Since when was this an energy...

#6 of 22 juda

juda

Agent

• 41 posts

Posted June 05 2009 - 07:41 AM

This looks pretty aweomse, big Bruce fan so i'll definitely be checking this one out

#7 of 22 Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,617 posts

Posted June 05 2009 - 02:46 PM

I suspect I will think that it was a shame this film beat Avatar to the box office release slate.
"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#8 of 22 DaveF

DaveF

• 13,177 posts
  • LocationOne Loudoun, Ashburn, VA

Posted June 06 2009 - 02:41 AM

Preview suggest potential. I fear it will be another "Jumper", an interesting idea that falls apart.

#9 of 22 Abby_B

Abby_B

Supporting Actor

• 607 posts

Posted June 10 2009 - 10:08 AM

Definitely think this looks good. I've been waiting for a trailer for this for a long time and I am NOT disappointed! Aside from an interesting story and Bruce Willis saving the world (love it when he does that), Jonathan Mostow is directing. I think he does sci fi + action really well - T3 had some cool action scenes in it. I'm looking forward to seeing what he does with this as well.

#10 of 22 DavidJ

DavidJ

Screenwriter

• 2,436 posts

Posted July 05 2009 - 03:41 PM

I saw the trailer for this before Public Enemies and I am officially intrigued.  I thought it was a great trailer and a good hook for the film. I hope it doesn't disappoint. 

#11 of 22 Abby_B

Abby_B

Supporting Actor

• 607 posts

Posted July 06 2009 - 09:47 AM

Me neither - it does have a lot of potential. I haven't read the graphic novel but I hear it's pretty amazing....I read in an interview somewhere with the author Robert Venditti and he said that the movie stays pretty true to the novel, or at least all the key concepts in the novel and whatever "Hollywood" adaptations they made, he was cool with so I think that's some good endorsement there.

#12 of 22 Steve Christou

Steve Christou

Long Member

• 14,160 posts
  • LocationLondon, England

Posted July 06 2009 - 10:24 AM

The magic of trailers, they can make practically any movie look exciting and worth seeing. Must admit after seeing the trailer at the cinema I'm looking forward to this one. Good or bad it's sci-fi and I'm a sucker for the genre.

http://static.hometh...rogates 1.jpg">

Dave hören... auf, wille stoppen sie Dave... stoppen sie Dave... Mein gehirn geht... Ich bin gefühl es... Ich bin gefühl es... Ich bin ängstlich Dave... Guter Nachmittag. Ich bin ein HAL 9000 computer. Ich wurde funktionsfähig am HAL-Betrieb in Urbana, Illinois auf January 12 1992.

Lord of the Hubs

#13 of 22 Ron-P

Ron-P

Producer

• 6,283 posts

Posted July 07 2009 - 03:56 AM

I'm looking forward to this as well.

You have all the weapons you need...Now fight!

#14 of 22 John Gido

John Gido

Second Unit

• 312 posts

Posted July 08 2009 - 06:00 AM

Big Bruce Willis fan here as well as a sci-fi fan and saw the trailer for this the other night in the theater. Can't wait.
Oh, you hate your job? Why didn't you say so? There's a support
group for that. It's called EVERYBODY, and they meet at the bar.
-Drew Carey

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."-UnknownMy DVD Collection

#15 of 22 Abby_B

Abby_B

Supporting Actor

• 607 posts

Posted July 08 2009 - 07:47 AM

Poster for the movie: http://www.comingsoo...ws.php?id=56827

Bruce Willis has his save the world look going on (can't beat that) and I think it captures that whole futuristic feel.

#16 of 22 Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

• 24,126 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted July 08 2009 - 05:59 PM

I'm getting sick and tired of seeing the same trailer everytime I go to the movies. 

Crawdaddy

Blu-ray Preorder Schedule

#17 of 22 Abby_B

Abby_B

Supporting Actor

• 607 posts

Posted July 19 2009 - 10:40 AM

Mmm...yeah doesn't come out for awhile yet, huh? Guess they don't want us to forget it's coming out in September ;-) I think between this and 9 etc it'll be a good couple months for sci-fi....

#18 of 22 Abby_B

Abby_B

Supporting Actor

• 607 posts

Posted August 20 2009 - 08:34 AM

Just wanted to update the thread with a behind-the-scenes look at the movie: http://movies.ign.co..._in_081809.html

Looks really cool. Definitely looking forward to the movie now!

#19 of 22 TonyD

TonyD

Who do we think I am?

• 15,994 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted August 24 2009 - 03:40 PM

I've been seeing posters at bus stops for this and they look like posters with models for a clothing line.
So until the other day when I actually put it together I thought Bruce had a new clothes line coming out.

/img/vbsmilies/htf/drool.gif

facebook.com/whotony

#20 of 22 Sam Favate

Sam Favate

Producer

• 4,739 posts

Posted August 24 2009 - 11:29 PM

The posters also look very similar to ones that were advertising the Sarah Connor Chronicles a couple of years ago.

The movie does look cool though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users