What's new

RIP David Carradine (1 Viewer)

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
-- 'Kung Fu' star David Carradine has been found dead in a hotel in Bangkok, Thailand, according to his manager.

Actor David Carradine found dead - CNN.com

For me, he was a positive childhood memory. I watched the show (Kung Fu) faithfully during my early teenage years. He made the term 'grasshopper' a familiar phrase in my vocabulary. May he RIP.

Brett_M

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett Meyer
RIP.

I saw Lone Wolf McQuade for my 10th birthday and besides that supercharged jeep launching out of the ground, the fight at the end between Carradine and Norris was kid crack.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Found with a rope around his neck; an apparent suicide. One of those cultural icons for whom there are no replacements. I'm a huge fan of a lot of his work; I hope he finds more peace wherever he's gone to than he apparently had in his final days.

KurtEP

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kurt
:frowning:

I ordered a copy of Circle of Iron on Blu Ray today as a tribute.

Also thinking about it, I narrowly missed the opportunity to see him down here playing with a band at a festival about a year ago. I would have enjoyed seeing that...

Mike Williams

Screenwriter
I met David Carradine in Dallas at a convention just before "Kill Bill, Volume 1" was released. He and Michael Jai White were there to promote the movie, sign autographs and do a Q & A. He was a complete and total jerk. Despite being a big fan, especially from seeing "The Long Riders" when I was 10 years old, I was fully prepared to HATE "Kill Bill, Volume 2," in which he was certain to have a much bigger role. Two minutes into the opening scene outside the church, he had completely won me over, and all was forgiven. I left the theater thinking he should have been nominated for an Academy Award.

This is a tragic death, but I've always felt like there was something beneath the surface, like he was not a happy person. What would cause him to take his own life (by hanging, no less), I don't know, but I pray he rests in peace and has found the happiness that may have eluded him on earth.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Don't know if David hung himself, but if so, that's his affair.
Had a friend, who also happened to be in the business called show who closed himself up with a hibachi grill in a closet a few years ago.
He mailed me and a few others nice notes. I happened to open mine just moments after hearing his obit on the radio, which is how I found out why he had not been picking up the phone.
Turns out he had been diagnosed with a serious cancer. Knowing Robert, I knew he had made what he considered to be a sensible decision. His only to make.
And so I won't be rushing to any attitudes about David's passing.
But, we miss our old friends.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
News report says he hung himself.

Never quite understood how someone so successful in his life
came to such an end, but as others pointed out, that's a personal
matter.

I never really followed David's career, but certainly enjoyed him
in KILL BILL II as well as the first 4K demonstration presentation
I ever saw at CEDIA 2008.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
I was referring to the infamous Hawaii Five-O Episode that featured a Characture doing a Stunt that Mr. Carradine is RUMORED to have done.

According to Wickipedia, this particular Episode was aired ONLY ONCE in January of 1970, and was never aired again after someone apparantly tried to do the stunt himself, with fatal results.

As for the "Holy" part I was refering to a phraise Burt Ward would often say during episodes of Batman whenever he saw something. (Holy! (Insert Subject Here) Batman!) If I offended anyone I Apologise.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Marina Anderson was wife #4.

From her IMDB bio:

"She was singly responsible via her efforts as personal manager and publicist,for resurrecting the career of actor David Carradine (her now, ex-husband), which culminated with his being cast in Quentin Tarrantino's film Kill Bill. It was Marina who befriended and introduced Tarrantino to Carradine, which ultimately led to his being cast in the film. During their six years together, her life and career with Carradine has been highly publicized worldwide. It was publicly acknowledged that Marina was the sole motivating factor of his sobriety after many years of alcohol abuse..."

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I thought Warren Beatty recommended David to QT after he had to pass on the project.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks