Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

BONANZA! at last!!!!

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#81 of 93 OFFLINE   Executive

Executive

Stunt Coordinator

• 97 posts

Posted October 04 2010 - 03:15 PM

The all-time great BONANZA comedy?  I'd have to call it a draw between "Ponderosa Explosion" (Hoss and Joe raise rabbits.),

and from the 13th season "The Younger Brothers' Younger Brother", in which Hoss teams up with the Younger gang after they escape from prison! Posted Image

#82 of 93 OFFLINE   JamesSmith

JamesSmith

Supporting Actor

• 853 posts

Posted October 05 2010 - 11:43 AM

How about the one where Hoss has spring fever? And he has to keep taking his medicine until it passes, which makes him half-asleep.

Or the one where Little Joe is caught up reading detective novels, and starts telling people that he suspects a person in town is a crook. Great ending scene  where Hoss and Joe start crying, after they realize they've just slugged their Paw, when the lights went off.

Or the one where Hoss was dressed up as an Easter Rabbit.

Bonanza worked better as a comedy than a drama.

James

#83 of 93 OFFLINE   Executive

Executive

Stunt Coordinator

• 97 posts

Posted October 05 2010 - 01:52 PM

Or the one where Hoss was dressed up as an Easter Rabbit.

That would be "Caution: Easter Bunny Crossing", which is from early 1970 during the 11th Season.

That has the distinction of being the only BONANZA episode to be syndicated both with the original batch of episodes in the early 1970s

and with "The Lost Episodes" in 1988.

Since that time that unnecessary subtitle "The Lost Episodes" was removed from the second group of episodes fortunately.

The downside is that second syndication package is very hard to find now.  It was last seen in the early 2000s with the customary 5 or 6 minutes

edited out for The Hallmark Channel.  At least the defunct CBN Cable had them uncut in the late 1980s / early 90s.

#84 of 93 OFFLINE   WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,110 posts

Posted December 12 2011 - 11:13 AM

DVD Talk review of Bonanza: The Complete Second Season - Volume 2:

Bonanza: The Complete Second Season - Volume 2 - DVD Talk review

#85 of 93 OFFLINE   shoeshineboy

shoeshineboy

Second Unit

• 327 posts

Posted April 16 2012 - 02:20 PM

Just in time for the spring round up -- BONANZA 3rd season, Vol 1 and Vol. 2! Great to see this show continuing ~ thanks universal CBS/Paramount! http://www.tvshowson...-Season-3/16820

#86 of 93 OFFLINE   Jack P

Jack P

Producer

• 3,109 posts

Posted April 16 2012 - 03:26 PM

It's CBS/Paramount, not Universal you should be thanking.

#87 of 93 OFFLINE   shoeshineboy

shoeshineboy

Second Unit

• 327 posts

Posted April 17 2012 - 05:47 AM

You are correct sir. Credit to CBS/Paramount for more Hoss, Little Joe, Adam, Pa and Hop Sing!

#88 of 93 OFFLINE   Gary OS

Gary OS

Producer

• 4,571 posts

Posted April 17 2012 - 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack P 

It's CBS/Paramount, not Universal you should be thanking.

Yea, but it's a color show so you knew it had a fighting chance with CBS.  Now if Bonanza had been in b/w...  Posted Image

Gary "no offense to Bonanza fans, but I want to see more HGWT, Rawhide, and Gunsmoke released" O.

"Do not challenge supernatural unless armed with sword of truth"
                                             ...CHARLIE CHAN AT TREASURE ISLAND

#89 of 93 OFFLINE   LeoA

LeoA

Screenwriter

• 1,021 posts
  • LocationNorth Country

Posted April 17 2012 - 08:55 AM

Why the odd division of the episodes? Are episodes 17 and 18 a two part storyline they didn't want to split up?

#90 of 93 OFFLINE   jdee28

jdee28

Screenwriter

• 1,005 posts

Posted April 18 2012 - 04:11 AM

Quote: Yea, but it's a color show so you knew it had a fighting chance with CBS.  Now if Bonanza had been in b/w...  :rolleyes: Gary "no offense to Bonanza fans, but I want to see more HGWT, Rawhide, and Gunsmoke released" O.

I wonder if they've done any restoration or remastering work on Season 3. It didn't seem like they did for season 2. I also would rather see HGWT, Rawhide and Gunsmoke released over Bonanza. Gunsmoke has 9 seasons in color. I wonder if they'd ever skip the rest of the BW episodes and do some color seasons.

#91 of 93 OFFLINE   HenryDuBrow

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter

• 1,303 posts

Posted April 18 2012 - 06:38 AM

I have the two previous releases and will be getting this too but I'd also so much rather have the last season of HGWT, please Paramount, one season left. One thing to probably take into account with that show though, is that if they're subtitling episodes this takes an awful long time to do as well I'd imagine. Just keeping in mind one of the different reasons stalls and delays for titles can have.

#92 of 93 OFFLINE   Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa

Producer

• 5,287 posts

Posted April 24 2012 - 03:41 AM

Vol 2 of Season 2 looked a little better than vol 1. These upisodes should look glorious on even Standard DVD if they were restored, the colors should leap off the screen and hit you in the face, not bleed and weep off the screen. As far as Rawhide Watched about half of Season 5 off of the Western Channel before I Cut the Cord with Cable, and that season was still pretty darn good, I wish we'd get a next release for Rawhide out of CBS
My DVD Collection

The Megaplex

#93 of 93 OFFLINE   shoeshineboy

shoeshineboy

Second Unit

• 327 posts

Posted February 13 2013 - 07:24 PM

What a deal! Amazon just credited me $9 after the price of Bonanza season 5 1-2 dropped from $56 to $47 -- and the previous four editions followed. That's a pretty decent buy for something that's got some choice extras and tonne of episodes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users