Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Panasonic PT-AE3000 good for this setup?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 OFFLINE   Elfmaze

Elfmaze

Stunt Coordinator

• 57 posts

Posted May 31 2009 - 02:51 AM

I finished the math and measurements. My seats are 12-16 feet from the screen so THX recommends somewhere in the 120" variety. I am going with the 2.35:1 screen with side curtains to shrink to 16:9. Blackout cloth comes in 48" tall. that will make a 112.8" wide screen or 122" diagonal! Perfect! BTW i have 16' of throw distance and can be expanded to 25' if the need be.

But now i need to pick a projector that will work with both of the aspect ratios and shoot an image that people will be amazed that it is a projector. I have done large screens(100", usually shoot 77" 4:3) with my old projector(TLP-S10U Toshiba TLP-S10U and TLP-S41U Projector Reviews) , and people accept it because its a projector. I want to be amazed by the new one.

I don't want to spend much more than $3000 because there are incredible traditional screens in that range. But is the AE3000 what i'm looking for? any other recomendations?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users