What's new

QED audio and video cables..... (1 Viewer)

troy evans

Screenwriter
I would like to know if anyone on the forum has used any cables from QED? What do you think? What I've seen is very affordable and they look sharp and well made. I need to replace my current speaker cables for my R/L/C channels and am considering this brand. Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I now get all my cables from monoprice.com. Their prices are so low, I was too skeptical to try them, but unknowingly ordered some of their cables from Parts Express and I was stunned how good they are.

You simply can't beat their 12ga OFC speaker cable, which is less than $30 shipped for 100 ft. I actually just placed a massive order of a wide variety of cables from them.

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
I also get all mine from Monoprice. Excellent quality at an un-believable price. But the last batch of Premium Coaxial audio cables left me a bit disappointed. The ends are slotted and they don't seem to fit as tightly as the others I've bought. I hope other members don't have the same issue as I've recommended Monoprice extensively around here.

troy evans

Screenwriter
John and Gene,
Thank you for recommending monoprice. I have to admit I'm very skeptical myself. I ordered anyway. This is what I chose: For only $8.40 each when QTY 50+ purchased - 14AWG Enhanced Loud Oxygen-Free Copper Speaker Wire Cable - 50ft | 14AWG Loud Speaker Cable I was considering 12 and even 10 gauge but felt that 14 would suffice. The cable runs are going to be 2x(8') for the fronts and 1x(4') for the center. I use banana plugs to terminate the ends. When I get it all hooked up I'll post back any thoughts. I'm going from 16 gauge Monster Standard THX SP wire, which is over 8 years old. I'm going to keep, for now, the Monster XP that is running my surround channels, also 16 gauge. QED I know nothing about. I'm guessing it's one of these "cable boutique" type places. It did get my attention with some slick looking cables though. Since you guys have actually used monoprice it makes it easier to take the recommendation. Can't wait to get this and hook em' up.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.