What's new

List of Paramount Blu-Rays w/proper disc label graphics design (1 Viewer)

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
i've got roughly 240 Blu-Rays. as evidence of Paramount lack of concern for its consumers, i can only think of 2 Paramount Blu-Ray titles from my collection with a DIFFERENT design other than the dreary and drab "gray" design.

-Iron Man's blu design on Disc1 (Disc2 still has the same crappy gray), only due to the fact that it is a corrected version. originally, both discs were gray. see note here: http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htf/..commended.html
-Curious Case of Benjamin Button. only because it is co-release w/Criterion.
-Godfather (cause of Coppola mostly)
-Indy4 (yes due to lucasfilm)
-There Will Be Blood

can you think of any other Paramount discs w/non-standard gray design? i just think it's awful to pay so much $ and not have good graphics on it, just like all the other studios (even indie labels).

these have labels too, but i don't own them:
-Trading Places
-Babel
-Lara Croft Tomb Raider
-The Warriors

gomezfan69

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
jason stocker
It seems that Paramount had graphics on their earlier titles. Trading Places, Babel and The Untouchables are three examples from 2007. The Godfather and There Will Be Blood are two from 2008.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I don't spend much time just looking at a disc but Indiana Jones And The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull has an image on it. However, that was almost definitely a Lucasfilm call than Paramount's decision.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
i just can't believe titles like bee movie, shrek3 etc. don't have custom designs. while i don't look at discs either, it lends itself to the attitude of how studios treat their films. to me paramount treats it as just products and nothing special. while as a business these are 'products' in every sense... that can translate to non-caring attitude of heavy DNR like face/off and no intention to correct it, etc.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Very true. I have yet to buy any Paramount titles on BD, but I have numerous titles on both SD and HD DVD that are printed in the oh-so-aesthetically-pleasing matte grey scheme that gives me flashbacks to early Disney/Touchstone/Miramax titles. Does it really cost that much to silkscreen in colour?

Joe Fisher

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph E Fisher

Lara Croft Tomb Raider
The Warriors

2 from my collection that have printed art instead of the drab silver label.

ATimson

Second Unit
Real Name
Andrew Timson
Interesting. While their earliest DVDs just had text labels, everything I had on standard DVD from the last 8 years or so (admittedly, just Trek discs--I forgot how little Paramount material I had) had images.

Gekkou

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Casey M.
Iron Man doesn't have a drab gray disc label, but it does have a drab blue label... ;)

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
The first titles on DVD I recall as having the drab grey labels were Flushed Away, Over the Hedge, and MI:III

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks