-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

List of Paramount Blu-Rays w/proper disc label graphics design

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 of 11 JediFonger

JediFonger

Producer

• 3,917 posts

Posted May 26 2009 - 03:00 AM

i've got roughly 240 Blu-Rays. as evidence of Paramount lack of concern for its consumers, i can only think of 2 Paramount Blu-Ray titles from my collection with a DIFFERENT design other than the dreary and drab "gray" design.

-Iron Man's blu design on Disc1 (Disc2 still has the same crappy gray), only due to the fact that it is a corrected version. originally, both discs were gray. see note here: http://www.hometheat....commended.html
-Curious Case of Benjamin Button. only because it is co-release w/Criterion.
-Godfather (cause of Coppola mostly)
-Indy4 (yes due to lucasfilm)
-There Will Be Blood

can you think of any other Paramount discs w/non-standard gray design? i just think it's awful to pay so much $ and not have good graphics on it, just like all the other studios (even indie labels).

these have labels too, but i don't own them:
-Trading Places
-Babel
-Lara Croft Tomb Raider
-The Warriors

#2 of 11 gomezfan69

gomezfan69

Stunt Coordinator

• 135 posts

Posted May 26 2009 - 04:10 AM

It seems that Paramount had graphics on their earlier titles. Trading Places, Babel and The Untouchables are three examples from 2007. The Godfather and There Will Be Blood are two from 2008.

#3 of 11 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,678 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted May 26 2009 - 05:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediFonger
can you think of any other Paramount discs w/non-standard gray design? i just think it's awful to pay so much $ and not have good graphics on it, just like all the other studios (even indie labels).
I don't spend much time just looking at a disc but Indiana Jones And The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull has an image on it. However, that was almost definitely a Lucasfilm call than Paramount's decision.

#4 of 11 JediFonger

JediFonger

Producer

• 3,917 posts

Posted May 28 2009 - 04:49 AM

i just can't believe titles like bee movie, shrek3 etc. don't have custom designs. while i don't look at discs either, it lends itself to the attitude of how studios treat their films. to me paramount treats it as just products and nothing special. while as a business these are 'products' in every sense... that can translate to non-caring attitude of heavy DNR like face/off and no intention to correct it, etc.

#5 of 11 Stephen_J_H

Stephen_J_H

Producer

• 3,926 posts
  • LocationNorth of the 49th

Posted May 28 2009 - 06:25 AM

Very true. I have yet to buy any Paramount titles on BD, but I have numerous titles on both SD and HD DVD that are printed in the oh-so-aesthetically-pleasing matte grey scheme that gives me flashbacks to early Disney/Touchstone/Miramax titles. Does it really cost that much to silkscreen in colour?
"My opinion is that (a) anyone who actually works in a video store and does not understand letterboxing has given up on life, and (b) any customer who prefers to have the sides of a movie hacked off should not be licensed to operate a video player."-- Roger Ebert

#6 of 11 Joe Fisher

Joe Fisher

Screenwriter

• 1,379 posts

Posted May 28 2009 - 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediFonger
i've got roughly 240 Blu-Rays. as evidence of Paramount lack of concern for its consumers, i can only think of 2 Paramount Blu-Ray titles from my collection with a DIFFERENT design other than the dreary and drab "gray" design.

Lara Croft Tomb Raider
The Warriors

2 from my collection that have printed art instead of the drab silver label.

#7 of 11 Charlie O.

Charlie O.

Supporting Actor

• 509 posts

Posted May 29 2009 - 04:50 AM

Does Paramount do this with their standard DVD releases of these features as well?

#8 of 11 Paul Arnette

Paul Arnette

Screenwriter

• 2,616 posts

Posted May 29 2009 - 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie O.
Does Paramount do this with their standard DVD releases of these features as well?

Yes.
Universal Blu-ray Discs I will not be buying while they're offered only as Blu-ray + DVD 'flipper' discs:

The Jackal
, Out of Africa, and Traffic.

#9 of 11 ATimson

ATimson

Second Unit

• 398 posts

Posted May 29 2009 - 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Arnette
Yes.
Interesting. While their earliest DVDs just had text labels, everything I had on standard DVD from the last 8 years or so (admittedly, just Trek discs--I forgot how little Paramount material I had) had images.
"Niceness is the greatest human flaw, except for all the others."
--Brendan Moody

#10 of 11 Gekkou

Gekkou

Stunt Coordinator

• 102 posts

Posted May 29 2009 - 10:10 AM

Iron Man doesn't have a drab gray disc label, but it does have a drab blue label... Posted Image

#11 of 11 Stephen_J_H

Stephen_J_H

Producer

• 3,926 posts
  • LocationNorth of the 49th

Posted May 29 2009 - 01:17 PM

The first titles on DVD I recall as having the drab grey labels were Flushed Away, Over the Hedge, and MI:III
"My opinion is that (a) anyone who actually works in a video store and does not understand letterboxing has given up on life, and (b) any customer who prefers to have the sides of a movie hacked off should not be licensed to operate a video player."-- Roger Ebert

Back to Blu-ray

Forum Nav Content I Follow