What's new

Image's THE STEPHEN SONDHEIM COLLECTION box set? (1 Viewer)

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
This thread kind of overlaps with the Baragins and Deals forum, but I think it could go in either, so I placed it here - if a moderator feels differently please move it. Thanks.

I noticed that Amazon has recently placed a bunch of Sondheim catalog titles on discount (Sunday in the Park with George, Passion, Follies in Concert, etc.) and am interested in picking them up. Normally they run for $19.99 each, but currently they are on sale for $12.49. Then I noticed that the big six-disc box set, THE STEPHEN SONDHEIM COLLECTION, is on sale for $59.99.

Now, I already own two out of the six titles in there, so to compare, I added the four remaining discs to my cart individually...and it came out to 3 cents cheaper than the box set. Usually I'll go with the cheaper option but I figured a nice box for all my Sondheim stuff is worth 3 pennies, so I bought that. Which lands me with duplicate copies of Into the Woods and Sweeney Todd in Concert.

According to what I've read elsewhere online, the box set simply contains 6 individual keepcases. For anyone who owns it already, I am wondering, did the keepcases come individually shrinkwrapped inside the box? The stores around here will pay more for trade-ins if it is still sealed, and I'm hoping that I can make some money back by trading in the duplicates. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks