Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Networks with the most representation in your

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 of 32 OFFLINE   bmasters9

bmasters9

Supporting Actor

• 544 posts

Posted May 23 2009 - 10:34 AM

In your collection, which network or cable outlet has the most representation in terms of series? Note that so long as you have at least one release of that series, to me, it is considered represented, so in this sense, the number of seasons does not matter (although you can include that figure if you want). My breakdown: CBS: "I Love Lucy" "Hawaii Five-O" "Mary Tyler Moore" "The Waltons" "Dallas" ABC: "The Streets of San Francisco" "What's Happening!!" "Taxi" "Hart to Hart" "Dynasty" "Hardcastle and McCormick" "Moonlighting" "MacGyver" NBC: "Sanford and Son" "CHiPs" "Centennial" (miniseries) "Hill Street Blues" "St. Elsewhere" "Knight Rider" "Matlock" In mine, ABC has the upper hand in terms of representation as far as series are concerned, with 8 series. NBC is second with 7, and CBS is third with 5. I do not have any FOX or cable series.
"CBS Sports presents...The Prudential College Football Report, sponsored by The Prudential, offering a full range of insurance and other financial services. The Prudential: the Rock...it's strong, it's on the move, it's bigger than life."

(Don Robertson's opening from The Prudential College Football Report in the 1986 season, modified from what it was in 1985, in that "other financial services" was said instead of just "financial services")

#2 of 32 OFFLINE   Nicholas Martin

Nicholas Martin

Screenwriter

• 2,683 posts

Posted May 23 2009 - 11:40 AM

CBS: CSI (seasons 4, 5, 7 and 8) CSI: Miami (seasons 1 - 5) CSI: NY (seasons 1 - 4) The WB: ANGEL (all 5 seasons) BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER (seasons 1 - 3) EVERWOOD (season 1) FOX: The O.C. (complete series) BONES (seasons 1 and 2) KINDRED: THE EMBRACED (complete series) SLIDERS (seasons 1 -3) FIREFLY (complete series) WONDERFALLS (complete series) ABC: ELI STONE (season 1) UGLY BETTY (season 1) NBC: MY NAME IS EARL (seasons 1 and 2) Syndication: STAR TREK: DEEP SPACE NINE (complete series) U.S. Cable Networks CHAPPELLE'S SHOW (all 3 seasons)

#3 of 32 OFFLINE   AnthonyC

AnthonyC

Screenwriter

• 2,342 posts

Posted May 23 2009 - 11:55 AM

Fox is pretty sizable just because of The Simpsons, King of the Hill, and Family Guy alone. But NBC narrowly edges it out.

#4 of 32 OFFLINE   bmasters9

bmasters9

Supporting Actor

• 544 posts

Posted May 23 2009 - 12:15 PM

That's exactly what I was looking for. Thank you very much. Anyone else?
"CBS Sports presents...The Prudential College Football Report, sponsored by The Prudential, offering a full range of insurance and other financial services. The Prudential: the Rock...it's strong, it's on the move, it's bigger than life."

(Don Robertson's opening from The Prudential College Football Report in the 1986 season, modified from what it was in 1985, in that "other financial services" was said instead of just "financial services")

#5 of 32 OFFLINE   Doug Wallen

Doug Wallen

Supporting Actor

• 663 posts

Posted May 23 2009 - 01:55 PM

Fox Adventures of Brisco County, Jr. Firefly - Blu-ray CBS Gilligan's Island Perry Mason - 59th Anniversary Collection Square Pegs Big Bang Theory Lonesome Dove - Blu-ray The Paper Chase The Twilight Zone - Original ABC Jonny Quest Barney Miller The Fugitive Grey's Anatomy The Outer Limits - Original Series NBC Hill Street Blues St. Elsewhere Star Trek - Season 1 Blu-ray Chuck - Blu-ray Dark Shadows - Revival series Get Smart The WB Freakazoid Buffy the Vampire Slayer - also UPN Charmed USA Burn Notice Syndicated/TNT Babylon 5 The Real Adventures of Jonny Quest Jack of All Trades The Muppet Show Looks like CBS is the winner in my collection. ABC was better represented than I thought it might be. Doug
a:5:{s:9:"signature

#6 of 32 OFFLINE   MatthewA

MatthewA

Lead Actor

• 6,594 posts
  • LocationSalinas, CA

Posted May 23 2009 - 05:26 PM

I am omitting miniseries and TV movies in my list, and listing all shows under the first network that aired them in their country of origin. It looks like CBS has a narrow margin of victory.

American networks:

ABC: 20
Baretta
Benson
Bewitched
Bosom Buddies
The Brady Bunch
Disneyland
Dynasty
Family Feud
Laverne & Shirley
Mickey Mouse Club
Mr. Belvedere
The Music Scene
The Outer Limits
Rocky and Bullwinkle
Soap
Three's Company
Twin Peaks
Welcome Back Kotter
What's Happening!

CBS: 24
Alice (TV favorites, as that's all she wrote so far)
All in the Family
The Bob Newhart Show
Dallas
The Dick Van Dyke Show
Garfield & Friends
Good Times
Green Acres
I Love Lucy
The Jeffersons
The Judy Garland Show
Knots Landing
M*A*S*H
The Mary Tyler Moore Show
Match Game
Maude
Murder She Wrote
The Nanny
Newhart
One Day at a Time
Password
The Price is Right
Square Pegs
The Waltons

NBC: 23
ALF (one disc Canadian compilation)
Cheers
The Cosby Show
Diff'rent Strokes
The Facts of Life
Family Ties
Gimme A Break
The Golden Girls
The Gummi Bears
Hullabaloo
I Dream of Jeannie
Law & Order
The Milton Berle Show
Night Court
Punky Brewster
The Rockford Files
Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In (subscription series)
St. Elsewhere
Sanford & Son
Silver Spoons
Smurfs
Your Show of Shows (compilation)

FOX: 6
Family Guy
Futurama
Get a Life
King of the Hill
Married with Children
The Simpsons

PBS: 2
The Electric Company
Sesame Street

AMC: 1
Mad Men (Blu-ray)

Nickelodeon: 1
Spongebob Squarepants

Syndication: 3
The Abbott and Costello Show
DuckTales
What's Happening Now

Court TV: 1
Till Death Do Us Part

Outside the USA:

BBC (UK): 5
Absolutely Fabulous
Fawlty Towers
Monty Python's Flying Circus
Till Death Us Do Part
The Young Ones

CBC (Canada): 1
Road To Avonlea

ITV (UK): 3
The Benny Hill Show
Creature Comforts
The Muppet Show

Enough is enough, Disney. No more evasions or excuses. We DEMAND the release Song of the South on Blu-ray along with the uncut version of Bedknobs and Broomsticks on Blu-ray. I am going to boycott The Walt Disney Company until then. And while you're at it, PLEASE stop dropping DVD/laserdisc extras from Blu-ray releases of other films.

#7 of 32 OFFLINE   Amit Ashar

Amit Ashar

Agent

• 37 posts

Posted May 24 2009 - 08:10 AM

FOX wins by one, but I have been thinking of selling The Pretender. That would tie it with CBS. CBS wins for classic, timeless shows.

ABC

Alias
Bewitched
Miracles
Perfect Strangers
Critic

BBC

Coupling

CBS

Dick Van Dyke Show
I Love Lucy
Mary Tyler Moore
Maude
Rhoda
Twilight Zone

CN

Justice League
Powerpuff Girls

FOX

Arrested Development
Batman: The Animated Series
Firefly
Pretender
Profit
Simpsons
Wonderfalls

NBC

3rd Rock from the Sun
Golden Girls
I Dream of Jeannie
Newsradio
Scrubs

NICK

Spongebob

PBS

Sesame Street

SHO

Dead Like Me

WB

Angel
Buffy
Pinky and the Brain

Syndicated
Animaniacs
Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers
Darkwing Duck
Ducktales
Gargoyles
Gummie Bears
Talespin
Tiny Toons

#8 of 32 OFFLINE   Nicholas Martin

Nicholas Martin

Screenwriter

• 2,683 posts

Posted May 24 2009 - 09:22 AM

It's funny, seeing these lists made me realize how few titles there are on my list, but because several individual titles are made up of five or six box sets it seems like I have a lot more TV on DVD than I really do. Weird.

#9 of 32 OFFLINE   Cory Pals

Cory Pals

Stunt Coordinator

• 71 posts

Posted May 24 2009 - 12:33 PM

ABC: Lost Twin Peaks CBS: Big Bang Theory NBC: Chuck Heroes My Name is Earl Seinfeld 30 Rock Cheers Frasier Fox: Futurama Malcome in the Middle (live IS unfair since we'll never see anything past season one) Prison Break The Simpsons Terminator: The Sarah Conner Chronicles 24 Firefly UPN: Star Trek: Enterprise ScI-Fi: Battlestar Galactica Farscape FX: The Shield USA: Burn Notice Comedy Central: South Park MTV: Jackass Viva La Bam ESPN: Tilt HBO: Curb Your Enthusiasm Cartoon Network: Robot Chicken Star Wars: The Clone Wars (micro series) Syndicated: Highlander: The Series Star Trek: The Next Generation Babylon 5 Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Fox ties with NBC for most sets. I wish they'd get more Night Court sets out there, I'd pick those up to give the peacock the lead. Corman
10/15/2003- Mr. Tony read my e-mail on the Tony Kornheiser Show!
12/29/2009- Mr. Tony read my e-mail on the Tony Kornheiser Show!

#10 of 32 OFFLINE   Mark Talmadge

Mark Talmadge

Screenwriter

• 2,379 posts

Posted May 24 2009 - 12:53 PM

I don't really much care about studios. I just care about what TV shows are in my library.

#11 of 32 OFFLINE   BobO'Link

BobO'Link

Screenwriter

• 1,813 posts
  • LocationMid-South

Posted May 25 2009 - 08:35 AM

ABC (22) Addams Family Bewitched Donna Reed Show, The F Troop George of the Jungle - Original Invaders, The Jeff Foxworthy Show, The Jetsons, The Jonny Quest Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman McHale's Navy Moonlighting Outer Limits, The - Original Police Squad Rat Patrol, The Rocky & Bullwinkle & Friends (2 seasons) Sledge Hammer Soap Tabitha Time Tunnel, The Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea Who's the Boss? CBS (17) Beverly Hillbillies, The Bob Newhart Show, The Everybody Loves Raymond Gilligan's Island Green Acres Hogan's Heroes Jack Benny Show, The Lost in Space M*A*S*H Mission Impossible Munsters, The Newhart Rawhide Space Ghost Twilight Zone, The - Original Wild Wild West, The WKRP in Cincinnati NBC (21) Cheers Dangerous Assignment Daniel Boone Earth 2 Eerie, Indiana Get Smart I Dream of Jeannie I Spy Man from U.N.C.L.E., The Monkees, The New Animated Adventures of Flash Gordon, The Night Court Newsradio Office, The Rocky & Bullwinkle & Friends (1 season) Seinfeld Star Trek (TOS) Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip 3rd Rock from the Sun 30 Rock Quark FOX (12) Action Adventures of Brisco County, Jr. Arrested Development Family Guy Firefly Futurama King of the Hill Married with Children Sliders That 70's Show Tick, The (Live action) Roar Disney (1) Zorro British (29) Adventures of Robin Hood (50's - also CBS) 'Allo 'Allo Avengers, The (also ABC) Black Adder Black Books Buccaneers, The (50's - also CBS) Chef! Cracker Danger Man (aka Secret Agent - also CBS, 2nd series) Danger Mouse Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin, The Father Ted Fawlty Towers Good Neighbors Keeping up Appearances Lovejoy Monty Python's Flying Circus Mr. Bean My Hero One Foot in the Grave Only Fools and Horses Prisoner, The (also CBS) Thin Blue Line, The To the Manor Born Two's Company Space 1999 Rising Damp Vicar of Dibley, The Who's Line is it Anyway Syndicated/Cable (16) 1st and 10 Adventures of Superman Battlestar Galactica (new) Babylon 5 Comeback, The Crusade Extras Farscape Hercules: The Legendary Journeys Huckleberry Hound Show, The Jack of All Trades Legend of Prince Valiant, The Mind of the Married Man Reba Weird Science Yogi Bear Show, The Looks like the British have won this one for me! But if you were to separate them into BBC/ITV/etc. then it would be ABC by one. If you were to move the British series to the network that introduced them to the US the British still win by one. Of course one could make the argument that *most* of the British titles on my list were introduced to the US by PBS or one of the cable networks, but in most cases this happened after production had been completed on the series.

#12 of 32 OFFLINE   Mark Talmadge

Mark Talmadge

Screenwriter

• 2,379 posts

Posted May 25 2009 - 11:27 AM

Don't we already have one of these "what's in your library" topics?

#13 of 32 OFFLINE   bmasters9

bmasters9

Supporting Actor

• 544 posts

Posted May 25 2009 - 11:56 AM

You're absolutely right about that. I just thought that this would be an interesting twist on that question, by not just listing what you have, but where it came from/was aired. This, I believe, was the reasoning behind this question.

#14 of 32 OFFLINE   Nicholas Martin

Nicholas Martin

Screenwriter

• 2,683 posts

Posted May 25 2009 - 12:16 PM

I thought it was a very interesting idea, because it gives people an idea of what overall network viewers here seemed to get the most out of. At least in part. Obviously there's going to be cases where someone doesn't own every show they watch for a variety of reasons, but it's still interesting to see this.

#15 of 32 OFFLINE   FanCollector

FanCollector

Producer

• 4,459 posts

Posted May 26 2009 - 02:39 AM

Without going into the whole list of series, the breakdown is as follows... NBC- 46.8 series CBS- 37.4 series ABC- 25.8 series Cable- 8 series PBS- 6 series Syndicated- 7 series Fox- 3 series The fractions are a reflection of series that aired over more than one network (e.g. Get Smart gets .8 for NBC and .2 for CBS). I counted British shows according to which US network gave them their first airings (e.g. The Prisoner is counted with CBS and Fawlty Towers with PBS). The interesting thing I found was that going by numbers of episodes, CBS is well ahead of NBC, whereas going by series, NBC has a comfortable lead. I suppose that means I prefer CBS's long-running series and NBC's shorter-run series, on average. Did anyone else find a discrepancy between the relative representation of series titles vs. series episodes in their collections?

#16 of 32 OFFLINE   whisperintherain

whisperintherain

Stunt Coordinator

• 237 posts

Posted May 26 2009 - 04:50 AM

ABC: 10
ALIAS
BEWITCHED
BROTHERS AND SISTERS
DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES
GREY'S ANATOMY
MOONLIGHTING
PEYTON PLACE
THE PRACTICE
THREE'S COMPANY
TWIN PEAKS

CBS: 8
BEAUTY AND THE BEAST
I LOVE LUCY
KNOTS LANDING
THE MARY TYLER MOORE SHOW
MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE
THE NANNY
THE NEW ADVENTURES OF OLD CHRISTINE
PICKET FENCES

FOX: 5
ALLY McBEAL
MELROSE PLACE
PARTY OF FIVE
WONDERFALLS

F/X: 2
DAMAGES
NIP/TUCK

HBO: 3
BIG LOVE
SEX AND THE CITY
SIX FEET UNDER

ITV: 1
THE AVENGERS

LIFETIME: 1
ARMY WIVES

NBC: 6
ER
FRIENDS
THE GOLDEN GIRLS
LAS VEGAS
SEINFELD
WILL & GRACE

SHOWTIME: 3
DEAD LIKE ME
THE L WORD
WEEDS

THE WB/UPN/THE CW: 8
BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER
CHARMED
EVERWOOD
FELICITY
GILMORE GIRLS
SMALLVILLE
STAR TREK: VOYAGER
VERONICA MARS

SCI-FI: 2
BATTLESTAR GALACTICA (2003)
FARSCAPE

USA NETWORK: 1
THE 4400

SYNDICATION: 3
BABYLON 5
STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION
STAR TREK: DEEP SPACE NINE

Two surprises for me in there: ABC is the winner (I expected CBS for some reason) and I thought I had more NBC shows than just these few. Well, I guess this goes to show what I really care about are the shows themselves, not who puts them on the air.
Bring these sets on!

Knots Landing: Seasons 3-14 - The Nanny: Seasons 4-6 - Peyton Place : Episodes 65-514 - Picket Fences : Seasons 2-4

#17 of 32 OFFLINE   Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley

Producer

• 3,453 posts

Posted May 26 2009 - 05:42 AM

Interesting topic! I wonder if there's any network-favoring bias on my part. Let's find out:

ABC:
Battlestar Galactica (original 1978)
Bewitched
The Big Valley
The Brady Bunch
Desperate Housewives
Dynasty
Family Feud
The Flying Nun
Hart to Hart
Lidsville
Lost
Soap
Three's Company
Twin Peaks
Ugly Betty
What's Happening?

CBS:
All in the Family
Dallas
Green Acres
I Love Lucy
The Jeffersons
Match Game

FOX:
90210 (2008)

Beverly Hills, 90210 (1990)
Grosse Pointe
Melrose Place (1992)

Melrose Place (2009)
The O.C.
Party of Five
Point Pleasant
The Simpsons

NBC:
American Dreams

California Dreams
Dark Shadows (1991 version)
Family Ties
Heroes
HR Pufnstuf
Star Trek TOS
Surface
Third Rock from the Sun
V (1983)

WB/UPN/CW:
Angel
Buffy
Everwood

Gilmore Girls
Gossip Girl

One Tree Hill
Popular

Reba
Roswell
Supernatural
Veronica Mars

Syndicated/Cable/British/Other:
Are You Being Served? + sequels
The Benny Hill Show
The Comeback

Eureka
Extras
Life of Ryan
The Muppet Show
The Osbournes
The Simple Life
So NoTORIous
South of Nowhere
South Park
Star Trek: TNG
Sunset Tan
Weird Science

...Looks like the clear winner is...ABC!!!

#18 of 32 OFFLINE   Ron Lee Green

Ron Lee Green

Supporting Actor

• 667 posts

Posted May 26 2009 - 10:07 AM

ABC: Bewitched The Addams Family The Big Valley That Girl The Flying Nun Dark Shadows Peyton Place Land of the Giants Love American Style The Brady Bunch The Partridge Family Room 222 Charlie's Angels Bionic Woman Three's Company The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew The Love Boat Fantasy Island What's Happening! Wonder Woman (started on ABC and ended on NBC) NBC I Dream of Jeannie Hazel Get Smart The Facts of Life Little House on the Prairie Police Woman CBS: Good Times The Jeffersons The Twilight Zone I Love Lucy Petticoat Junction The Munsters Gilligan's Island Family Affair Lost in Space The Doris Day Show Syndicated: Prisoner: Cell Block H
"Congratulations. You're still in the running towards becoming America's Next Top Model."

#19 of 32 OFFLINE   ChrisCook

ChrisCook

Screenwriter

• 1,507 posts

Posted May 26 2009 - 10:40 AM

deleted

#20 of 32 OFFLINE   ChrisCook

ChrisCook

Screenwriter

• 1,507 posts

Posted May 26 2009 - 10:41 AM

ABC Bewitched Grey's Anatomy Home Improvement Life on Mars Lost MacGyver October Road Sports Night NBC California Dreams Frasier I Dream of Jeannie Quantum Leap CBS Due South Early Edition JAG Jericho Magnum, P.I. NCIS Northern Exposure Numb3rs Rhoda This Is America, Charlie Brown (mini-series) Touched by an Angel The Unit Fox Firefly The Lone Gunmen HGTV Living with Ed The WB Everwood JKX: The Jamie Kennedy Experiment Supernatural UPN Nowhere Man Star Trek: Enterprise Star Trek: Voyager PBS Rick Steves' Europe (including specials) Syndication Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Star Trek: The Next Generation USA Network The 4400 Burn Notice The Dead Zone Monk Psych White Collar Sci-Fi Channel The Lost Room (mini-series) Stargate SG-1 Stargate: Atlantis Food Network Oliver's Twist Showtime Stargate SG-1 CBC Our Hero Road to Avonlea CTV Corner Gas Due South Flashpoint BBC1 Doctor Who (2005) MI-5/Spooks BBC2 The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (mini-series) ITV Sherlock Holmes (Granada Television series) Channel 4 Jamie's Kitchen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users