What's new

Limited Edition T2 Complete Collector's Set Endoskull in Canada? (1 Viewer)

Paul Sandhu

Supporting Actor
I know there is already a T2 thread... but this question is only about the T-800 bust. Does anyone know if its available in Canada? Amazon.ca doesnt have it, nor does Future Shop or Best Buy.

Thanks.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Probably has to be imported. Sam has one, so maybe we'll ask him if it's a numbered limited edition.

RDarrylR

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Darryl
Amazon added a new fee last year called the "Import Deposit Fee" on all orders to Canada. It usually works out to about an extra 13% on all orders. This is on top of the shipping fee. You are correct that there are no duties or fees on delivery but the combination of the tanked Canadian dollar (somewhat better these days) and the new import fees makes amazon.com usually more expensive now for any Blu-ray.

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
The Import Fee deposit can range all over the map. I've had from 8-20% (based on value of items only). I tried to relate it to 13% total Ontario taxes but just couldn't. It started when they changed to DHL, possibly the most expensive of the large couriers (even though in the end you get the items via Canada Post, it is via one of DHL's services). Allegedly DHL is paying the government these taxes, but it's very tedious to actually find out.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Ah, DHL. Stands for Deliver Half the Load or Damage Half the Load. There go my intentions of ordering anything from Amazon now.

Rob W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Robert
I am convinced Amazon's new fee is designed to try and push Canadian orders
to their Canadian site, even if they phrase it as some sort of 'import fee'.

RDarrylR

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Darryl
Yep I agree. It has worked for me at least. There has not been a single order from .com since the fee was brought in for me. I ordered close to 200 Blu-rays from Amazon.com before the fee. I have done a few orders from .ca since but try to find deals elsewhere like Columbia House.

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
^ Yeah, as if their already IMO high shipping fees doesn't discourage enough. [Though I gotta say their shipping is VERY reasonable if you're ordering big things, it's when you order a bunch of small things like single BDs that it gets ridiculous.]

BTW, totally OT, but amazon.ca has a bunch of "expensive in Canada" BDs on sale, some cheaper than in the U.S. even...they are matching unadvertised FS price drops/sale (I don't know which). No list, just random ones I noticed, titles released in the last year, so check your wish lists JIC...

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
So I talked to Sam and he said there's no number on his Endoskull which makes it even more puzzling that no one can find this in Canada. After all, Lionsgate is a Canadian company.

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
Lions Gate was "Canadian", Lionsgate is U.S.-owned (they do have distribution offices in Canada). I don't know if it's pertinent, but the quality of their releases, and the reliability of such quality, especially now on BD, has much improved since they were sold. Let's face it, before that their significant Canadian "competition" was Alliance Atlantis.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif
And worse.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks