Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

2 channel amp

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Brooks

Brooks

Extra

• 22 posts

Posted May 20 2009 - 10:30 AM

So, I have a Denon 3808CI on the way as part of a general upgrade of my HT. In part, I've added speakers upstairs in the living room to be driven as zone 2 off of the receiver. Digging deeper into the receiver specs I see that I cannot have zone 2 running an audio source and a 7.1 different audio source running the HT unless I drive the upstairs speakers off of the zone 2 pre-amp outputs.
that means I need an amp to drive these speakers.

The room is small, the speakers are nothing special. I'd suspect any old amp would do. 100 watts would be more than plenty per channel. I've looked around a fair amount and haven't seen any low cost, fair quality 2 channel amps.

Any guidance on sources for such?

I just can't justify some fancy monobloc mumblemumble when the only use is to pump low volume dinner music into the living room

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   John Brill

John Brill

Supporting Actor

• 519 posts

Posted May 21 2009 - 04:28 AM

Seriously doubt you need 100wpc Posted Image

Check this amp on amazon for under $100: Amazon.com: AudioSource AMP-100 2-Channel Bridgeable Stereo Power Amplifier: Electronics

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   sestamuch

sestamuch

Stunt Coordinator

• 246 posts

Posted May 21 2009 - 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Brill
Seriously doubt you need 100wpc Posted Image

Check this amp on amazon for under $100: Amazon.com: AudioSource AMP-100 2-Channel Bridgeable Stereo Power Amplifier: Electronics

Second this, it will probably be enough.

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   MohanShankar

MohanShankar

Auditioning

• 7 posts

Posted May 21 2009 - 08:07 PM

This one is also mostly great.
Posted ImagePosted Image