-

Photo
- - - - -

Big trouble in little china

David Prior

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 TheBat

TheBat

Producer

• 3,010 posts

Posted May 13 2009 - 06:19 AM

If I remember correctly you worked on the original dvd for big trouble. now there is talk of an extended edition for the bluray? was wondering if you knew anything about it.. what you can share with us? like the running time for the new extended cut?

thank you.

Jacob

Big Trouble In Little China (US - BD RA) in News > Releases at DVDActive

#2 of 4 David Prior

David Prior

Stunt Coordinator

• 165 posts

Posted May 21 2009 - 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBat
If I remember correctly you worked on the original dvd for big trouble. now there is talk of an extended edition for the bluray? was wondering if you knew anything about it.. what you can share with us? like the running time for the new extended cut?

thank you.

Jacob

Big Trouble In Little China (US - BD RA) in News > Releases at DVDActive

"Big Trouble" was a real passion project for me. I worked a long time poring through old boxes of trims, building the deleted scenes, doing the menus and ultimately supervising the new HD transfer of the movie when Carpenter declined to and Dean Cundey wasn't available. Getting to do all that was like having a paid vacation.

But I don't know jack squat about the Blu-Ray. Maybe it's because supplement producers aren't under union jurisdiction, but unless it's a reissue of a Fincher movie, the studios never contact me to help shape the next iteration of one of my projects.

I'm sure there are several reasons, but they all boil down to the fact that they don't really need me anymore -- I've already done the work, and they can do whatever they want to with it. I hope they don't screw it up.

#3 of 4 Jerome

Jerome

Second Unit

• 302 posts

Posted May 21 2009 - 08:29 PM

thanks for the answer Mr Prior.

#4 of 4 TheBat

TheBat

Producer

• 3,010 posts

Posted May 23 2009 - 02:49 PM

thanks for taking the time to answer.