Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

SPHE Press Release: Bewitched: The Complete Eight and Final Season

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,606 posts

Posted May 06 2009 - 09:04 PM

Everyone’s Favorite Witch Returns in…

BEWITCHED:
THE COMPLETE EIGHTH
AND FINAL SEASON

Starring Elizabeth Montgomery, Dick Sargent,
Agnes Moorehead, David White and Erin Murphy

All 26 Episodes Arrive in a
Four-Disc Boxed Set

Complete Your Magical DVD Collection July 14

Culver City, Calif. (May 4, 2009) – Fall under the spell of everyone’s favorite witch one last time when Sony Pictures Home Entertainment debuts Bewitched: The Complete Eighth and Final Season on DVD July 14. The final season stars Elizabeth Montgomery as Samantha, Dick Sargent as her hapless husband Darrin, Emmy Award® winner and Academy Award® nominee Agnes Moorehead[1] as her nightmare mother-in-law Endora, David White as Larry Tate, and Erin Murphy as twitchy daughter Tabitha. Guest stars this season include Alice Ghostley (TV’s “Designing Women”), Bernard Fox (Titanic), Melissa Sue Anderson (TV’s “Little House on the Prairie”) and Julie Newmar (TV’s “My Living Doll”). The DVD includes all 26 episodes in a four-disc boxed set and will be available for $39.95 SRP.

One of the most beloved sitcoms in television history, Bewitched first aired on ABC September 17, 1964, and the series became an instant hit with critics and audiences, lasting for eight seasons and 256 episodes. Producers and Directors include William Asher (TV’s “I Love Lucy,” “Gidget”). Bewitched was nominated for 22 Emmy Awards® over the course of its run, winning three[2].

SYNOPSIS
In this final magical season, the Stephens family takes a tour of historical Europe where Samantha’s head is in danger after she catches the eye and the ire of Henry VIII. She also reveals the Loch Ness Monster is really a former warlock, and Esmeralda claims she caused the tower in Pisa to lean. Darrin is zapped to the top of the Eiffel Tower; Tabitha zaps herself into the Punch and Judy TV show to chastise Punch; Adam begins to show he has powers; plus many more magical misadventures for the last time on Morning Glory Circle!

DVD Special Features Include:
Full Screen Presentations
Audio: English, Spanish, Portuguese
Subtitles: Spanish, Portuguese
Bonus Previews
Closed Captioned

Bewitched: The Complete Eighth and Final Season DVD Episodes Include:

How Not to Lose Your Head to Henry VIII (Part I) Samantha’s Magic Sitter
How Not to Lose Your Head to Henry VIII (Part II) Samantha is Earthbound
Samantha and the Loch Ness Monster Serena’s Richcraft
Samantha’s Not So Leaning Tower of Pisa Samantha on Thin Ice
Bewitched, Bothered and Baldoni Serena’s Youth Pill
Paris, Witches Style Tabitha’s First Day at School
The Ghost Who Made a Spectre of Himself George Washington Zapped Here (Part I)
TV or Not TV George Washington Zapped Here (Part II)
A Plague on Maurice and Samantha School Days, School Daze
Hansel and Gretel in Samanthaland A Good Turn Never Goes Unpunished
The Warlock in the Gray Flannel Suit Samantha’s Witchcraft Blows a Fuse
The Eight Year Itch Witch The Truth, Nothing but the Truth, So Help Me Sam
Three Men and a Witch on a Horse
Adam, Warlock or Washout?

Broadcast Year: 1971-1972 (ABC)

DVD Catalog # 29706
UPC Code: 0-43396-29706-7
Order Date: 6/11/09
SRP: $39.95

Bewitched: The Complete Eighth and Final Season has a run time of approximately 676 minutes and is not rated.

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Dave B Ferris

Dave B Ferris

Supporting Actor

• 767 posts

Posted July 17 2012 - 05:00 AM

R.I.P., William Asher. http://www.latimes.c...story?track=rss

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Mark Collins

Mark Collins

Screenwriter

• 2,141 posts

Posted May 02 2013 - 08:05 PM

I was ordered by my Doctor to start walkiing to help my back  pain.  Each time i finish i tune in Bewitched on METV here in  Chicago at 10::00 PM.  What a great show it is!! I also remember this clip when I was a kid watching the show. 

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Mark Collins

Mark Collins

Screenwriter

• 2,141 posts

Posted May 04 2013 - 02:25 PM

Rare Bewitched promo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users