-

Photo
- - - - -

OMG! Werewolf: The Series

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
76 replies to this topic

#1 of 77 OFFLINE   Pete Battista

Pete Battista

Screenwriter

• 1,959 posts
  • LocationPrincess Anne, Md. USA

Posted May 06 2009 - 08:37 AM

I can't believe it... Werewolf: The Series is coming to DVD!!!

Werewolf DVD news: Release Date for Werewolf - The Complete Series | TVShowsOnDVD.com

This is one I will be pre-ordering as soon as it is up for pre-order! Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#2 of 77 OFFLINE   cajunhillbilly

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter

• 1,741 posts

Posted May 06 2009 - 10:36 AM

I can finally get rid of my "unofficial" dvds of this series and actually have a decent set!!!

#3 of 77 OFFLINE   supes78

supes78

Agent

• 35 posts

Posted May 06 2009 - 10:40 AM

I never thought we'd ever get an official DVD release of this awesome show! Shout Factory continues to put out the most underrated shows on DVD! I can't wait to see the cover art and more details about what exactly we can expect on this set, since they are known for great bonus features as well. Of course, I think us fans would be content with just getting the episodes themselves even without extras. The last starring role for Chuck Conners and some gruesome effects by Rick Baker make this a can't miss. Here's the best website for those who might have forgotten about this original FOX TV series;
Werewolf TV Series Site

Posted Image

#4 of 77 OFFLINE   Pete Battista

Pete Battista

Screenwriter

• 1,959 posts

Posted May 06 2009 - 10:45 AM

Very cool... and I agree... even without special features I would be all over the release... but with Shout! I am expecting a great release! Posted Image

#5 of 77 OFFLINE   Neil Brock

Neil Brock

Screenwriter

• 2,098 posts

Posted May 06 2009 - 12:42 PM

As with anything else Shout puts out, they are at the mercy of whatever elements will be provided to them. It's a Sony show, which is probably a good thing.

#6 of 77 OFFLINE   troy evans

troy evans

Screenwriter

• 1,294 posts

Posted May 06 2009 - 01:23 PM

Shout,Factory is for tv shows what Anchor Bay used to be for movies. I can't believe this news! I never thought this title would see a release on dvd and here we get it. For me this news is really overwhelming. Ever since the release of the first season set of Forever Knight I've been hoping for this. I always thought Werewolf was like a horror version of The Incredible Hulk. Seems both shows had a simular feel. Wow! Just, Wow!
" I think it's time we go to plan B". "What's plan B?" "That's the one where we don't do something stupid".

#7 of 77 OFFLINE   Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D

Screenwriter

• 2,686 posts

Posted May 06 2009 - 01:30 PM

My jaw just about hit the floor when I first saw the headline over at Gord & Dave's site. I never thought I'd see a release for this either no matter how much I hoped for it. This news makes me very, very happy.....best news I heard all day. Posted Image

Finally......a 21-year long wait will finally end! Posted Image It's mine come Sept 1st. Posted ImagePosted Image
Recently watched- The Blob(1988), Simon & Simon: Season 3, Lost: Season 5, I Am Legend, Krull, The Beast Within, Subspecies, Lost: Season 4, District 9, Lost: Season 3, The Warrior's Way, The Twilight Zone: Season 1, Godzilla 3D, The Walking Dead: Season 4, Lost: Season 2, Dracula(1979), Lost: Season 1

Currently watching- Planet Earth, Cheers: Season 6, True Blood: Season 2, Gatchaman: The Complete Series, The Equalizer: Season 2, Lost: Season 6, Tales From The Crypt: Season 2, WKRP In Cincinnati, Season 1

"I can help! I can save you! I can save everybody!"

#8 of 77 OFFLINE   Pete Battista

Pete Battista

Screenwriter

• 1,959 posts

Posted May 06 2009 - 10:27 PM

Best part is it will be here in time for my month long horror marathon (I do both movies and TV Series)... only problem is... I don't think I could wait another full month to watch this series! Posted Image

#9 of 77 OFFLINE   nikkif99uk

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor

• 984 posts

Posted May 07 2009 - 04:23 AM

Can't wait for this to come out, hope this is the beginning of more most wanted complete series sets

#10 of 77 OFFLINE   Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa

Producer

• 5,276 posts

Posted May 07 2009 - 04:35 PM

I honestly don't remember this series, I think it might have run on Sci Fi in the 90's thou , I Will probably pick it up because Chuck Conners is in it I had'nt realized this was his last tv appearance....
My DVD Collection

The Megaplex

#11 of 77 OFFLINE   supes78

supes78

Agent

• 35 posts

Posted May 10 2009 - 02:23 AM

Here's a great promo for the series that aired right after the 2hr pilot movie;
YouTube - Werewolf (Series Promo)

#12 of 77 OFFLINE   Pete Battista

Pete Battista

Screenwriter

• 1,959 posts

Posted May 10 2009 - 02:43 AM

Great promo! Thanks! Posted Image

#13 of 77 OFFLINE   vnisanian2001

vnisanian2001

Supporting Actor

• 683 posts

Posted May 10 2009 - 03:09 AM

Shout! Factory Community - Werewolf Fox Series on DVD: Important Concern

Someone on Shout Factory's board has huge concerns about the show. He's worried that like Chiller channel, the channel that aired this show, Shout Factory might not be able to secure the rights to three episodes of this series, including the 2-hour pilot, due to issues with music rights.
 To all fans of Mr. Belvedere who haven't purchased season 4 yet, please watch this video.

#14 of 77 OFFLINE   Pete Battista

Pete Battista

Screenwriter

• 1,959 posts

Posted May 10 2009 - 04:04 AM

I saw that too... but I am not going to worry just yet since in the news item Dave put on the site that they spoke to people at Shout! and were told Werewolf: The complete Series was in the works. I wouldn't think they would have said that if they didn't have access to the complete series.

#15 of 77 OFFLINE   supes78

supes78

Agent

• 35 posts

Posted May 10 2009 - 11:43 AM

Can't they just substitute generic music in place of the actual songs if they don't feel like paying money for it? I don't see why whole episodes would have to be omitted.

#16 of 77 OFFLINE   troy evans

troy evans

Screenwriter

• 1,294 posts

Posted May 10 2009 - 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supes78
Can't they just substitute generic music in place of the actual songs if they don't feel like paying money for it? I don't see why whole episodes would have to be omitted.
Correct. And, more than likely, what they will do if need be.
" I think it's time we go to plan B". "What's plan B?" "That's the one where we don't do something stupid".

#17 of 77 OFFLINE   David Levine

David Levine

Supporting Actor

• 502 posts

Posted May 11 2009 - 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supes78

It depends. Yeah, they can replace it, but it doesn't mean you'll get the full episode. Like with WKRP there were entire scenes that had to be cut because they had an unclearable song playing while characters were talking. And since most of the separate M&E tracks no longer exist for these shows you can't replace that music.

#18 of 77 OFFLINE   supes78

supes78

Agent

• 35 posts

Posted May 11 2009 - 10:35 AM

Man, everyone was on such a natural high since the announcement of this DVD release that it would be a shame to see it tarnished by music omissions or edited episodes. I've noticed that in press releases, studios don't mention such alternations so when do will we find out for sure? Hopefully, sooner than early reviews of the set just prior to its September release date.

#19 of 77 OFFLINE   Joe:C

Joe:C

Second Unit

• 494 posts

Posted May 12 2009 - 12:36 PM

Count me as another one who has heard a lot about this show, but has no memory of ever watching it. The clips I've seen give it an "Incredible Hulk with werewolves" vibe. I'll be getting this (hopefully the music rights don't cause too much of a problem).

#20 of 77 OFFLINE   Will_C

Will_C

Second Unit

• 271 posts

Posted May 23 2009 - 12:10 AM

Definitely have been waiting a while for this one. I remember Sony was considering it at the same time they were getting Forever Knight prepped for release, but if I remember correctly, all the enthusiasm for the show was being generated by a couple of "rabid" fans and the show's star. When that info came to light, Werewolf wasn't just put on the backburner, it was put back up in the pantry. So I'm glad we're finally going to get this amazing series from the '80's. If Shout can get this out to us, perhaps they can get one of the other original FOX shows - The Adventures of Beans Baxter.
Rick Hunter
USMC Force Recon Scout Sniper
"If you run, you'll only die tired."

Forum Nav Content I Follow