What's new

OMG! Werewolf: The Series (1 Viewer)

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
I can't believe it... Werewolf: The Series is coming to DVD!!!

Werewolf DVD news: Release Date for Werewolf - The Complete Series | TVShowsOnDVD.com

This is one I will be pre-ordering as soon as it is up for pre-order!
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif
htf_images_smilies_dance.gif
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard
I can finally get rid of my "unofficial" dvds of this series and actually have a decent set!!!

supes78

Agent
Real Name
Seby
I never thought we'd ever get an official DVD release of this awesome show! Shout Factory continues to put out the most underrated shows on DVD! I can't wait to see the cover art and more details about what exactly we can expect on this set, since they are known for great bonus features as well. Of course, I think us fans would be content with just getting the episodes themselves even without extras. The last starring role for Chuck Conners and some gruesome effects by Rick Baker make this a can't miss. Here's the best website for those who might have forgotten about this original FOX TV series;
Werewolf TV Series Site

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
As with anything else Shout puts out, they are at the mercy of whatever elements will be provided to them. It's a Sony show, which is probably a good thing.

troy evans

Screenwriter
Shout,Factory is for tv shows what Anchor Bay used to be for movies. I can't believe this news! I never thought this title would see a release on dvd and here we get it. For me this news is really overwhelming. Ever since the release of the first season set of Forever Knight I've been hoping for this. I always thought Werewolf was like a horror version of The Incredible Hulk. Seems both shows had a simular feel. Wow! Just, Wow!

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
Best part is it will be here in time for my month long horror marathon (I do both movies and TV Series)... only problem is... I don't think I could wait another full month to watch this series! :P

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing
Can't wait for this to come out, hope this is the beginning of more most wanted complete series sets

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I honestly don't remember this series, I think it might have run on Sci Fi in the 90's thou , I Will probably pick it up because Chuck Conners is in it I had'nt realized this was his last tv appearance....

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
I saw that too... but I am not going to worry just yet since in the news item Dave put on the site that they spoke to people at Shout! and were told Werewolf: The complete Series was in the works. I wouldn't think they would have said that if they didn't have access to the complete series.

supes78

Agent
Real Name
Seby
Can't they just substitute generic music in place of the actual songs if they don't feel like paying money for it? I don't see why whole episodes would have to be omitted.

David Levine

Supporting Actor

It depends. Yeah, they can replace it, but it doesn't mean you'll get the full episode. Like with WKRP there were entire scenes that had to be cut because they had an unclearable song playing while characters were talking. And since most of the separate M&E tracks no longer exist for these shows you can't replace that music.

supes78

Agent
Real Name
Seby
Man, everyone was on such a natural high since the announcement of this DVD release that it would be a shame to see it tarnished by music omissions or edited episodes. I've noticed that in press releases, studios don't mention such alternations so when do will we find out for sure? Hopefully, sooner than early reviews of the set just prior to its September release date.

Joe:C

Second Unit
Count me as another one who has heard a lot about this show, but has no memory of ever watching it. The clips I've seen give it an "Incredible Hulk with werewolves" vibe. I'll be getting this (hopefully the music rights don't cause too much of a problem).

Will_C

Second Unit
Real Name
Will
Definitely have been waiting a while for this one. I remember Sony was considering it at the same time they were getting Forever Knight prepped for release, but if I remember correctly, all the enthusiasm for the show was being generated by a couple of "rabid" fans and the show's star. When that info came to light, Werewolf wasn't just put on the backburner, it was put back up in the pantry. So I'm glad we're finally going to get this amazing series from the '80's. If Shout can get this out to us, perhaps they can get one of the other original FOX shows - The Adventures of Beans Baxter.

supes78

Agent
Real Name
Seby
Beans Baxter? Man, that takes me back. I would have said no chance before but considering that Parker Lewis is on the DVD landscape now, anything is possible.

In a way, I wish we didn't know about the Werewolf DVD release so far in advance. Everytime I get on the net now, I keep hoping for the release of the coverart and extra features details. And September is SOOOOO far away!

It's up for pre-order on Amazon;
http://www.amazon.com/Werewolf-Compl...3193219&sr=1-4

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks