Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Your Favourite E.L.O. Music DVD?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   punman

punman

Agent

• 44 posts

Posted May 01 2009 - 05:35 PM

I just purchased the Electric Light Orchestra Zoom tour DVD.
I quite enjoyed it although I have heard some people did not because it is more Jeff Lynne and not so much original ELO.
What is your favourite concert on DVD that you own or have seen with Electric Light Orchestra?

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Chris Brunner

Chris Brunner

Second Unit

• 441 posts

Posted May 03 2009 - 02:47 AM

Zoom.

I have the Discovery DVD set, but I actually WATCH Zoom from time to time. Amazing audio on that one.

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   gene c

gene c

Producer

• 5,718 posts
  • LocationBay area, Ca

Posted May 03 2009 - 05:09 AM

Zoom. No contest. Outstanding performances by all the musicians (and I could look at Rosie all day long).

Only negative about it is the picture quality is a little grainy, especially on cheaper dvd players. A really good player helps a lot on this one.

As for too much Jeff Lynn, ELO pretty much is Jeff Lynn. But the other musicians are first class. The keyboardist is excellent as are the guitar player and drummer. In short, other than the picture quality, there's just nothing not to like about it.

I do have another ELO dvd recorded in the late 70's but it's pretty bad compared to Zoom. You've already got the best.
"Everyday room": Panasonic 58" Plasma, Dish HD DVR, Pioneer Elite vsx-23, BDP-23 BR, dv58avi universal dvd player, Paradigm Studio 20 V1, CC-450, Dayton HSU-10 subwoofer.

"Movie/Music room": Toshiba 65" DLP, Dish HD receiver, Marantz 7005, CC-4003, BD-7006, Polk LSI25's-LSi7's-LSiC, 2 original Dayton 10" "Mighty-Mites" subwoofers. (subject to change without notice).

Also have  MB Quart Vera VS05 +.....too much to list. Help me.

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Curtis Lotter

Curtis Lotter

Stunt Coordinator

• 75 posts

Posted May 04 2009 - 05:22 AM

And I thought Zoom was the ONLY one. I would love to see that Discovery DVD.

As far as Zoom goes, gotta love the Gallagher lookalike guy in the audience! As already mentioned great sound quality to listen to, something great in Rosie (and the violinist or cellist, can't remember) to look at. Picture quality is so poor though. I must need a LOT better DVD player. I can't imagine this sold very well considering the concert tour was cut short, but how hard could it be to improve the picture quality if they wanted to??
Lower gas prices! Burn SUV's!