Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Great News for Bob Hope Fans: New DVD Releases by Universal

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 OFFLINE   Alex Morrow

Alex Morrow

Stunt Coordinator

• 165 posts

Posted December 06 2001 - 05:45 AM

I saw on DVDPlanet's site that Universal is releasing the Road To movies along with a few other Hope films on March 5th. The price looks to be about the same as they were before. Are they making a new Hope collection or remastering the discs? It states on the page that they will have Production stills; Radio broadcast shows; DVD-ROM. That stuff wasn't on the old versions of the discs, so it makes me think this is something new. I'd love a complete Road To collection.
My DVD Collection

#2 of 8 OFFLINE   Dick

Dick

Producer

• 4,250 posts

Posted December 06 2001 - 06:01 AM

Beyond the ROAD movies there are such superb Hope flicks as GHOST BREAKERS, CAT AND THE CANARY and THE PALEFACE awaiting some sort of DVD release, hopefully not by Madacy.

#3 of 8 OFFLINE   Kajs

Kajs

Second Unit

• 450 posts

Posted December 06 2001 - 06:38 AM

I need more info!!!

I got the previous Image releases, now that Universal has the rights again, they will probably be in keepcases not snappers. Yea!! I just want to know if they will be remastered.

If you want the Road to Rio and Road to Bali, I recommend the Brentwood releases, they look suprisingly good.

#4 of 8 OFFLINE   Alex Morrow

Alex Morrow

Stunt Coordinator

• 165 posts

Posted December 07 2001 - 03:28 AM

Well according to DVDPlanet now there's a box set of four of the Road To movies. It's only $48.98. The other movies are all double features and are the following: Big Broadcast of 1938/College Swing, My Favorite Blonde/Star Spangled Rhythm, Paleface, Ghost Breakers. That's it for now, sounds like a great start of films from Mr. Hope.
My DVD Collection

#5 of 8 OFFLINE   Patrick McCart

Patrick McCart

Lead Actor

• 7,477 posts
  • LocationAlpharetta, GA, USA

Posted December 07 2001 - 06:09 AM

I hope this is the start of Universal reissuing all their Image licenced discs...

Perhaps after the Road to... box set they can strike a deal with WB to make a Marx Bros. box set (which I would gladly purchase.)

#6 of 8 OFFLINE   Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

• 25,038 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted December 10 2001 - 07:34 PM

As already reported by others, according to DVDFile, several Bob Hope films are being released to dvd on March 5th. They include "Paleface", "The Ghost Breakers", and "The Road Films with Bing Crosby". This is the link. Also, I changed the title of this thread so these new dvd releases stands out more for Bob Hope fans.

Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy

Blu-ray Preorder Listing

#7 of 8 OFFLINE   Glenn Overholt

Glenn Overholt

Producer

• 4,207 posts

Posted December 11 2001 - 02:01 AM

Well, I see three more that I want, but it didn't mention the Road to Hong Kong. Others of his that I'm really looking forward to seeing are, Call Me Bwana, Cancel My Reservation, Caught in the Draft, My Favorite Spy and Never Say Die.

He is just fantastic!

Glenn

#8 of 8 OFFLINE   soop.spoon

soop.spoon

Supporting Actor

• 760 posts

Posted December 11 2001 - 03:41 AM

I hope Universal continues to revisit the titles they previously lisenced out to Image Entertainment. Just imagine seeing new anamorphic transfers and keepcases for Flash Gordon, Silent Running, Journey To The Far Side Of The Sun, Fahrenheit 451, Slaughterhouse 5, Amazon Women On The Moon, MST3K: The Movie and The Andromeda Strain. Supplements would certainly be nice too!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users