-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Where to get a deal on a 12ft. HDMI cable?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

#1 of 18 Rob White

Rob White

Stunt Coordinator

• 127 posts

Posted April 26 2009 - 07:45 AM

Hey Folks,

Looking to avoid spending a ton of money on my first ever HDMI cable. Probably need 12ft. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,
Rob
Have a great day!

#2 of 18 Ed Moxley

Ed Moxley

Screenwriter

• 2,701 posts
  • LocationEastern NC

Posted April 26 2009 - 08:30 AM

This is a favorite site for a LOT of people.........
HDMI Cable, Home Theater Accessories, HDMI Products, Cables, Adapters, Video/Audio Switch, Networking, USB, Firewire, Printer Toner, and more!
Samsung HL61A750 (LED DLP)            Onkyo TX-SR805
Oppo BDP-83 Blu ray                                  Polk Audio LSi9
Polk Audio LSiC                                  Sony SS-MB100H
SVS PC12-NSD (Sub)                       ...

#3 of 18 Rob White

Rob White

Stunt Coordinator

• 127 posts

Posted April 26 2009 - 02:08 PM

Thanks Ed. Looks like I'll be using them. Good prices from what I've seen in the few minutes I've just spend on their site.

Take care,
Rob
Have a great day!

#4 of 18 Jerome Grate

Jerome Grate

Screenwriter

• 2,933 posts

Posted April 26 2009 - 03:22 PM

Monoprice.com
Listen Up People.., Rack Em and Pack Em.., We're Phantoms in 15.

#5 of 18 Ed Moxley

Ed Moxley

Screenwriter

• 2,701 posts
  • LocationEastern NC

Posted April 26 2009 - 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerome Grate
Monoprice.com
That link IS monoprice.com!
Why do people answer posts, without reading or looking at what's already been posted?
It happens quite a bit, at every forum I go to.............

#6 of 18 troy evans

troy evans

Screenwriter

• 1,294 posts

Posted April 27 2009 - 05:06 AM

Ed's right about Monoprice. I would also suggest Bluejeanscable.com.
" I think it's time we go to plan B". "What's plan B?" "That's the one where we don't do something stupid".

#7 of 18 Jerome Grate

Jerome Grate

Screenwriter

• 2,933 posts

Posted April 28 2009 - 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Moxley
That link IS monoprice.com!
Why do people answer posts, without reading or looking at what's already been posted?
It happens quite a bit, at every forum I go to.............
Because, there's no need to look at the link to see what you supplied. I answered the question with the company I use and perhaps somewhere in the language of your link Monoprice could be mentioned, also why do you have a problem with me answering his post the way I did?

#8 of 18 Ed Moxley

Ed Moxley

Screenwriter

• 2,701 posts
  • LocationEastern NC

Posted April 28 2009 - 01:37 AM

Nothing personal.
It just bugs me when people won't read all the posts, or click links, to make sure they aren't repeating something already mentioned. I can sorta understand if there's 15-20 pages to go through first, but when it's just a couple of posts.........

It's fine to agree or disagree with someone's post. We all do that. But as I said, this happens everywhere, and not just to my posts. It didn't bother me that it was my post, but anybody's post in general. I'm not picking on you in particular. It just happened to be you, this time. I respect your posts most of the time, so I wasn't trying to upset you. I guess I'm just having a hard time getting my point across. Everybody has little things that bug them, and this is one of mine. Sorry.......

#9 of 18 Jerome Grate

Jerome Grate

Screenwriter

• 2,933 posts

Posted April 28 2009 - 02:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Moxley
Nothing personal.
It just bugs me when people won't read all the posts, or click links, to make sure they aren't repeating something already mentioned. I can sorta understand if there's 15-20 pages to go through first, but when it's just a couple of posts.........

It's fine to agree or disagree with someone's post. We all do that. But as I said, this happens everywhere, and not just to my posts. It didn't bother me that it was my post, but anybody's post in general. I'm not picking on you in particular. It just happened to be you, this time. I respect your posts most of the time, so I wasn't trying to upset you. I guess I'm just having a hard time getting my point across. Everybody has little things that bug them, and this is one of mine. Sorry.......

Cool Beans, and I apologize as well, had a bad day yesterday, some still left over probably shouldn't have replied, and thanks for the reply.

#10 of 18 Stephen Tu

Stephen Tu

Screenwriter

• 1,573 posts

Posted April 28 2009 - 07:21 AM

Does anyone else hate that the bulletin software auto-changes the link text to the title of the linked site? It didn't use to do this.

Ed types in just the www.monoprice.com and it auto-expands into this huge title that doesn't contain the site name anymore, "HDMI Cable, Home Theater Accessories, HDMI Products, Cables, Adapters, Video/Audio Switch, Networking, USB, Firewire, Printer Toner, and more!" garbage unless you take steps to overrule it, giving it a full format URL and link title. I like the old way a lot better.

#11 of 18 JohnRice

JohnRice

Lead Actor

• 8,514 posts

Posted May 02 2009 - 08:13 AM

You might also check Meritline.com. Nobody seems to mention them, but I have gotten hdmi and optical digital cables from them at scary low prices. They have always been surprisingly good cables too. They don't offer nearly as many variations as the other places mentioned, but holy cow their prices are low.

The Hybrid System

The Music Part: Emotiva XSP-1, Thiel CS 3.6, Emotiva XPA-2, Marantz SA8004, Emotiva ERC-3, SVS PB-12 Plus 2

The Surround Part: Sherbourn PT-7030, Thiel SCS3, Emotiva XPA-5, Polk & Emotiva Surrounds.

#12 of 18 Jerome Grate

Jerome Grate

Screenwriter

• 2,933 posts

Posted May 02 2009 - 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRice
You might also check Meritline.com. Nobody seems to mention them, but I have gotten hdmi and optical digital cables from them at scary low prices. They have always been surprisingly good cables too. They don't offer nearly as many variations as the other places mentioned, but holy cow their prices are low.
I just checked out the site and man they got a deal with a HDMI switcher and (3) 6 foot cables for 23.99 with free shipping. I need one of these for the bedroom. I'll let you know how good the site is.

#13 of 18 Ed Moxley

Ed Moxley

Screenwriter

• 2,701 posts
  • LocationEastern NC

Posted May 02 2009 - 01:20 PM

I've bought ink for my printer from them before, but never any cables. Didn't know they even sold them. They were good to deal with for the ink, so I would guess they'd be good with the cables also.

#14 of 18 sadbttru

sadbttru

Agent

• 37 posts

Posted May 05 2009 - 06:20 AM

do not know the prices on those websites but costco has a 12 foot hdmi for 35$ canadian
My System
Denon AVR 3300
OPPO BDP-83
Paradigm 7.1 (Denon outputs 4 rear speakers to rear left and right)
Samsung 67" LED DLPMotorola PVR / cable box

#15 of 18 dk21

dk21

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted May 19 2009 - 02:13 AM

Yes, monoprice.com is the place to go. I have ordered a number of cables from them. They are fast, have great customer service, and the cables are good quality.

#16 of 18 David_B_K

David_B_K

Screenwriter

• 1,443 posts

Posted May 19 2009 - 07:57 AM

In addition to Monoprice, I also have some by MEDIABRIDGE THAT ARE VERY GOOD (AND CHEAP).

#17 of 18 sestamuch

sestamuch

Stunt Coordinator

• 246 posts

Posted May 19 2009 - 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_B_K

In addition to Monoprice, I also have some by MEDIABRIDGE THAT ARE VERY GOOD (AND CHEAP).

Yep, that's where I use to get them.

#18 of 18 Frank Ha

Frank Ha

Second Unit

• 349 posts
  • LocationLand of mole, tlayudas and chapulines

Posted May 20 2009 - 02:02 AM

I ordered a 10" mediabridge yesterday. I've used their cables before and I have been very satisfied. It's $12 at Amazon.
"And in the end, the only thing you really own is... your story.  Just trying to live a good one" - The Drover 

Back to Blu-ray, DVD, LD, Tivo, Satellite and Other Playback Devices

Forum Nav Content I Follow