Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

UFC 2009

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   xbox808

xbox808

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted April 21 2009 - 06:01 AM

Any body try the new UFC demo/beta game? I think it was supposed to come out today.

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   Matt^Brown

Matt^Brown

Supporting Actor

• 623 posts

Posted May 01 2009 - 06:44 AM

I played the demo the other day and I like it. The game play seemed solid and I liked the controls.
The Legend is better than reality!

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   Matt^Brown

Matt^Brown

Supporting Actor

• 623 posts

Posted May 06 2009 - 03:05 AM

Bump - I guess I am shocked no one else has tried this game out. I figured by now that a couple of people would have responded.

I tried to read some reviews on the upcoming game last night but did not find a lot on it. IGN is my normal spot for game material but little was to be found.

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   Andrew Pierce

Andrew Pierce

Stunt Coordinator

• 187 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis

Posted November 16 2009 - 06:38 AM

I played it a little, I dunno, the controls seemed a little complicated but pretty well done given the depth of moves available, and they did a good job of making each of the fighters play like they should. On the downside the fighters (and especially ring girls, yish) seemed to spend a little too much time in the Uncanny Valley. In short it seemed like a solid game but it just didn't really connect with me and ended up sitting on the shelf.

I guess I'd rather just watch UFC and play less realistic fighting games. BTW, nice win over James Wilks the other night, Matt  :D

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   Matt^Brown

Matt^Brown

Supporting Actor

• 623 posts

Posted November 17 2009 - 01:48 AM

Thanks Andrew! LOL It really is pretty fun to have a guy with my name to root for during the fights.

Andrew did you buy the game? I never ended up having the money to buy it when it came out and now I have moved on to Modern Warfare 2. I still would like to go back and buy this sometime. Do a lot of people fight online?

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   Andrew Pierce

Andrew Pierce

Stunt Coordinator

• 187 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis

Posted November 17 2009 - 02:21 AM

I rarely play online, since I'm a fairly casual gamer. I find thast going online you face an invincible army of 12 year olds who have done nothing but play THAT GAME 24 hours a day since it was released, except maybe they spent a little time scouring the internets for cheap tactics and exploits . So, I dunno if there's a lot of activity online or not.